Chapter 04

Last Chance

She smirks back, backing a step away, letting me handle it myself because that's what I'm giving her the signal about. I'm not the old nerdy, Kim Taeyeon. I'm Kim Taeyeon that has eight other sisters who are ready to back me up if I ever need it. Winking at her, I put on the coldest face ever and look back towards Anne who is still shock, but is still speakable.

"T-Taeyeon?" She stutters.

"Yes, it's me, Anne. Now, could you please move out of my way?"

 

She's still in the daze mind, so I roll my eyes at her silence before making my way, back to the girls but before I could completely walk away, I stop my step, beside her and whispers to her ear, coldly before walking away with Yuri, who claps her hand, congratulates me who wins my own battle with my own ability. I chuckles at that.

"Oh, it's your boyfriend who's the one that talks with me, keep that in mine. Don't mess with my life again, Anne." 

"Wow, you rock!" Jessica said.

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you." I said, laughing.

 

When everybody had done eating, we all went back to our own classroom after putting the dirty dishes on the basket that filled with dirty dishes and cups. The sight that the first thing I see in the classroom is not something that I like. Thus, walking to my seat, I stand there while crossing my arms, tapping my feet. 

"What do you want?" Anne asks, scanning me from head to toe.

Roll my eyes, "Stop scanning me, and take your damn away from my seat." I said, coldly.

 

However, she doesn't even bugged which means, I'm still standing when I had my own seat but this girl is sitting on it, instead of me. You're the one who force me to do this, remember that. I thought to myself, gripping her hand tightly and pulls her up from the chair before pushing her towards Baekhyun, who just sits there, doing nothing but staring at both of us. What kind of boyfriend is that? Suddenly, I pity Anne but oh well, she's not her best friend anymore, it's her own choice anyway.

"Baek, she just pushed me!" 

"Class is starting, go back to your class."

 

Baekhyun said that without looking at her, he just yawns and lays down on the table, sleeping. Leaving his girlfriend standing there all alone, in embarrass. Shaking my head, their love is really weird, trust me, Anne, it wouldn't last long for you either. Cause, you're repeating the same mistake that I did. You're being too clingy, he hates it. Before I could start studying, I heard Baekhyun speaks while looking at me, still laying his head on the table, sideway.

"She used to be your best friend, don't you think it's a bit harsh just now?" He whispers.

I scoff at his word, "Oh really? You gotta be kidding me? As far as I remember, I only have eight sisters who's been there for me when TWO PEOPLE had betrayed me, in the past." 

 

He remains silence afterwards, like I said, revenge is sweet. Shaking my head at him, I plug in my earphones to my ears, focusing on the revision class because the teacher is not entering the class. But I couldn't waste any more of more time in sleeping or talking, I need to follow up the study which I've been missing for a month. It's time to get my brain to works again, for study. I'm not sure how long has it passed, but soon, I'm stuck on this question and I has no idea how to answer it. 

"Pardon me, do you know how to do this question, Ai?" I ask.

 

Yes, I take my book and walks towards Ailee's table, one of my friend. She doesn't really mind it when I'm still a nerd, she used to help me out a lot too. She takes the book from me, so I point the question to her and she takes a look at it. Next, Ailee takes out an empty paper, probably trying to solve it and see if it works. Few minutes of her trying later, she huffs and smiles apologetically at me, shaking her head while passing back my book to me.

"Sorry, I had no idea. But I do know someone who could help you out." She said.

"Who is it?"

"I don't think you would want to talk to him though." She said, awkwardly pointing at Baekhyun.

"Oh, him. Alright, thank you!" 

 

Sighing, I walk back to my seat in defeat and sit down on it. Should I or should I not? I'm fighting against myself in this war, time to time, I take a peek at Baekhyun who is facing down the table. All of a sudden, a hand that is holding a pencil is circling the answer of my question. So, I look at it and it's a little bit stun by it, just little bit - Oh, scratch that, it's a lot.

"That's the answer, it's because the hydrogen does not react with oxygen at room temperature because a source of energy is needed to ignite the mixture." He explains, slowly.

 

While he's answering, I'm there writing down the words that he just said so that I could remember it next time. When I'm done, I nod my head at him - Thank you for the help, Baekhyun ah. I take a glance back to him, to see that he had already lay back on the desk, continue his sleep or pretending to sleep, so that it's less awkward between us. Before I could start doing the next question, the bell rang. Well, it's time to go home. So, I pack my thing and walks out of the classroom, when suddenly my phone rang. So, I pick it up after seeing it's Tiffany.

“Taeyeon ah, where are you?”  She asks.

“I'm still in the school, why?”

“We decided to go and have a meal together, wanna join?" We decided to eat something before going to the club. Want to follow along?” She said.

“Sure, I’ll wait for you guys at the gate then, be quick.”

 

When I almost reach the gates, I see Baekhyun standing there while tucking his hand in the pocket. I guess our eyes meet, or am I wrong? But I hurriedly runs to the corner to avoid him. B-but wait, why am I even hiding? I didn't do anything wrong, right? I thought and hit my own head. Looking back up at him, this time, in secret, I see him trying to hide his smile. I'm curious as to what he is smiling about, but then, I knew. Anne is going towards him, and soon she holds Baekhyun's hand and they walk off together without even noticing her. {Are you sure, Taeyeon ah? - Author}

"Stop caring about it, Taeyeon ah. Don't you remember how he treated you back then?"

 

I said to myself, patting my chest and exhale deeply - coming out from my hideout. It hurts. But that can't be true right? There's no way that I'm still head over heels for someone like him, yeah, I'm sure I'm already over him. This is all just my stupid imagination, I didn't even feel anything back then. Let's just forget it, forget about it. Suddenly, I hear frantic footsteps, so I look up to see all of my eight sisters, I mean seven sisters running towards me, whereas, the ice princess is taking her time, walking.

"Sorry for being late, Tae." Sunny said, panting.

"It's alright, the usual place?" I ask.

"Yeah, but before that, let us have a breath first." Sooyoung said.

"Who call you guys to run? See, I'm completely fine." Jessica said, looking at her bunch of weird best friends.

 

I chuckles at that, before going to Tiffany's car. In the car ride, Tiffany and Seohyun are chatting happily, but I couldn't really focus on that right now, my mind is still confuse about the reaction that I felt, a moment ago while waiting for the girls. Soon, we arrives in no time since I'm in a deep thoughts, time just passes by very quickly without you noticing it. Entering the restaurant, we walk to our own table, yeah, Yoona already reserved it while we're still on the way there. I was about to sit down when I heard the sound...

 

PAK!

"Baekhyun ah, w-why?" I thought, looking at him.