Chapter 05

Last Chance

I'm still standing there in shock, terrified but suddenly, I feels the hair on the back of my neck raises which only means one thing, Jessica's coldest aura is coming out from her. Feeling that, I snap out of it sooner, seeing Baekhyun standing in front of me and my eight sisters beside me, looking at the scene worriedly. Everything happens too fast that none of us had it take it too well, maybe, worst because all of a sudden a girl rushes towards me and turns my body to face her, raising her hand up. I close my eyes tightly, ready to feel the pain, but I didn't.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

"Y-yeah, b-but you..." I said, can't complete my words.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." He said, smiling slightly.

"Byun Baekhyun, get her out of here, if not, don't blame me for making a scene here." Jessica said, coldly.

"I know, noona. Sorry, again." He said, softly.

 

I look at both of them in bewildered, noona? What noona? Are they close, I mean, why don't I have any idea about it? So, looking at them back and forth, trying to get a grasp about it but I failed. So, I look back to my other sisters who is also having the same reaction as me, which only means, they had no idea about it too. Hence, I huff and can only waits for Jessica to us, herself, after everything here is done.

"Let's go, Anne. You had gains a lot of attention for today." He said, pulling her with him.

"Kim Taeyeon, I tell you, stay away from him, why can't you just do that?" She shouts.

Baekhyun sighs, "Sorry for the trouble, we'll be taking our leave now." He said, bowing his head, more like while looking at me, at the same time.

 

Are you saying sorry towards me? Why? I mean, it's not your fault. It's Anne, she's the one who needs to learn her lesson for trying to slap me, like literally right in front of these eight girls. Soon, everyone goes back to their own things, whereas the manager apologized before walking his way to continue his job after being dismissed, not fired, alright. But it's not the time for that, I look at Jessica, raising one of my eyebrows at her, What's your relationship with Baekhyun? Noona?

"Go, I know what you're thinking about it." She said, not bother in answering the question that I telepathy to her, like it really will heard by her.

"W-what? I'm asking you about your relationship with him, Sica."

"Ask him, he'll tell you anyways." She explains, urging me to go and find him.

 

I look back at the other girls who nods their head too, wanting me to do what I feel like it and that they supports my decision. Thus, I smile gratefully at them and walks out from the restaurant and runs towards a place where my feet and heart wanted me too.  There's only a place that I could think of, if he's not there, I really need to start finding him, wherever he'll be at. I hope you will still go there whenever you’re not feeling great. I thought, walking more quickly after seeing the side river near the restaurant. When I reach there, I look around until I saw him, sitting there. Walking towards him, I sit down beside him and he looks astonished.

“W-what are you doing here? You still remember here?” He asks.

Ignoring his question, "How's your face?" I ask, looking at his face, a slightly visible handprint.

“I’m fine. You should get going.” Baekhyun said, softly, looking at the view in front of us.

“You’re not fine at all! You should have just let me be, why do you even bother in taking the slap for me?” I ask, the guilty is eating me.

 

However, he just smile at my question instead of answering. I huff and stands up from the bench, then I take out my phone and walks far away from him, dialling for Tiffany's number to give her a call which only needs a few seconds for her to answer it.

"Hi, what's the matter?" She asks in concern.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm just calling to inform you that I won't be joining you guys for dinner." I said.

"Why?"

"I'll just accomapny him, he needs someone by his side now. Do you understand?' I said, softly.

"I know, don't worry, I'll take care of the girls and you, take care all right?"

"I will, thank you so much, Fany ah."

 

After the phone call end, I walks back towards Baekhyun and he looks at me with his widen eyes. Ignoring that cute look, I sit back on the space that I occupied, just now. Feeling his stare at me, I look at him, exchanging glances before he looks away immediately.

"I thought you had went home, you haven't?" He asks.

"You're still the same, Byun Baekhyun, you rarely talk when you're not fine. So, you think I will let you be alone at here?" I ask.

He shrugs, "You could, I had treated you harshly."

"Well, you did. But, I'll just let that slide for today, I know how it feels when you needed someone, but there's none." 

"Sorry, but I think you really should be going home now. It's late, I'm sure your parents will be worried about you." He said.

 

But I'm not going to do what he told me, he can't order me around now. So, I look at the view in front of me, enjoying it because it's been a quite a long time since I last seen such beautiful night view, whereas, he stays silence, probably sensing that I don't have the mood to talk about it. I'm glad that the atmosphere aorund us is not as awkward as I thought it may be, in fact, it's comfortable to my liking. However, he breaks the silence but his eyes are still looking to the front.

"I still can't get it, why?" He asks.

"Why what?" 

"I treated you badly, why do you still care about me?"

"Like I said, I know how it feels, plus, we're just a stranger that share a few memories together, keep that in mind." 

He nods his head, "Thank you, Taeyeon ah." He said, sincerely.

 

Don’t ever call me in that way anymore, I don't think I could handle it properly, Baek.  I thought about it but that's not the point, I have something to ask him about. Smacking my head softly, how could I forget about such an important things? Screw that, since I remember it now, I should do it.

"Oh, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, what is it that you want to ask?"

"What's your relationship with Sica? You called her noona, right?"

He smiles a little, nodding his head, "Yeah, I call her noona. We're cousins." 

Looking at him, bewildered, "C-cousin?"

"Yes, her mother is my father's sister, so yeah." He explains.

"D-did she say anything to you?" I ask, worriedly, what if Jessica say something about me to him?

"Don't worry, I'm sure you know that she wouldn't tell me stuff about her life anyway, especially if it's about you."

 

Sighing in relief, I nod my head. As expected from our Ice Princess, is tightly clamp together, I'm so proud of her all of a sudden, I mean I always did but more prouder than usual. Afterwards, we decided to have dinner together instead, he suggested after hearing a growl from my stomach, it's really embarrassing but I'll just satisfy my hunger, that's more important. While waiting for our food, he starts talking again, breaking the silence between us even when we just calm ourselves from laughing at his jokes.

"Oh, Kim Corps had invited my dad's company to their annual dinner, will you be my partner?" He asks, surprisingly in a shy tone.

'I'll be there, Baekhyun ah, it's my dad's company.' I answer that in my heart, but, "Huh? What about Anne?" I said that to him instead, stun.

"Just tell me, is it a yes or no?" He asks, glancing at my eyes.

 

Sighing, I shake my head at him whereas he only nods his head, continue eating his food. I can't read his mind, his expression doesn't shows any clue, it's just a blank face, how am I supposed to find out about it? Suddenly, the atmosphere between us turns a little bit awkward and I feel like escaping. So, I finish up my food hurriedly but while doing so, I stare at him secretly, 'You have Anne now, you shouldn't do or say those words to me, please don't give me any hope again, please.' After we're done, he walks me to my house, sending me back.

“Thank you, good night.” I said

"Sleep well, nights." He said.

 

I nod my head at him - When I see him walking away from my house, I enter through the door and straight away goes back to my room after taking off my uncomfortable heels. Before hitting the bed, I take a shower first and change into my housewear, laying down on the bed while applying the mask to my face - preparing myself for tomorrow's big day.

"I can't hide my identity any longer, dad will be introducing me to the world as his next successor, tomorrow." I thought, sadly.

 

Removing the mask pack after fifteen minutes, I'm ready to go to my dreamland when suddenly my phone rang. I huff in annoy, I mean who the heck would call me at the time of 11:00p.m. However, all the annoy flashes away after seeing the caller, can you see my eyes glistening in happiness? Can you? So, I hurriedly answer the phone before the other side thinking I had fall asleep.

"Hey, babe! Be my partner for tomorrow's night?" He asks.

I laugh, "Sure, don't be late though!" I said.

"I know, no worries. I'll be there at 7 sharp!"

"You better be, I miss you so much!" I whine.

"I miss you too, baby girl. See you tomorrow!" He said.

 

 

Only by then, I hang up the phone and getting all excited, can't wait to go out with him again after such a long time, has it been years? I had no idea, but now he's back, that's all what matters. Finally, I could go to bed peacefully and happily, I'll only be nervous tomorrow as for tonight, I badly need my beauty sleep. Since when did I becomes like Sica? I chuckles at myself, foolishly.