Chapter 09

Last Chance

Waking up from her sleep in time, Taeyeon whistles happily and the first thing she did is to take her phone from the bedside table, removing the cable from charging and give a call to her best friend which is very unusual because Taeyeon rarely, like really rarely gives them a call early in the morning.

"Hello, Taetae? Why do you call so early in the morning today?" The girl asked, worriedly.

Taeyeon chuckles, "No worries, although I feel a little bad to disturb you but I just need a tiny favor from all of you for today."

"What is it? You know we would be glad to help you out." 

 

And so, she started to share the story that she needs to tell and what should they help her with later. After ending the call, she continues to ring all of her other friends too, one by one. You might wonder what don't she just texted them at the same time, but she feels like explaining and asking in voice is much more sincere. Luckily, all of them had agreed to help out and she's actually breathe out in relief after waking the ice princess from her badly needed sleep. 

"I could finally breathe in happiness after the closure, it's a brand new day for me, a really really brand new day!" She said to herself, softly, with a smile on her face.

 

Making her bed, she heads toward to the toilet to do her stuff and starts dressing up for school. And since, today is like a new born life for her, she dressed up a little bit more than before, but not exaggerating. An hour later, once she's done, she walked out from her room and heads to the shoe's cabinet, taking out a pair of brown ankle heel to match with my bohemian type of look.

 

Upon arrival at the school, I see all of my friends already reached there, even Jessica who is always late, are currently waiting for me, right in the front of school gate. Reaching their side, I said my hi's to them before opening my bag and takes out some notes that I did it yesterday, passing it to them with a smile, and seconds later, my hands became empty as they all took the small notes from me, at the same time. 

Scanning the notes, Yoona asked, “Unnie, are you sure you want to do it? Won't you regret your decision?" 

Shaking my head confidently, "Yes, don't worry, I know what I'm doing." I replied, smiling.

"Alright, if you ever need any more help, you know where to find us, right?" Seohyun said, interrupting the doe-eyed girl.

 

Taeyeon giggles and nods her head, heading to the rooftop after she sees her friends walk inside the school hall. On the way there, she didn't forgot to paste arrows on the floor from her own class until the door of the rooftop, because she didn't want to walk the same steps for one more time later. And if you're curious, of course, she had gotten the permission from the teacher to decorate the hall with it.

"All for the better, all for the better." She said, no annoying tone could be heard from her. 

 

After putting down the guitar at the side of the bench, leaning against it, I sat down on the bench and start filling the gas in the balloons, putting it on the ground. Within minutes, the ground is already filled with colorful balloons and once I'm done with decorating, I look at the time on my watch and realized that I'm almost late for the class. Thus, I ran to the class and hurriedly paste a sticky note at Baekhyun's desk without putting my name on it.

She thought in her mind, "He'll definitely know it's me since it's my handwriting, I don't think it'd ever changed." 

 

Calming my racing heart down, it seems like I'm a thief doing all these stuff but once Baekhyun entered, Iick my lip nervously and stare at the front, pretending to stay focus on the class. Soon, the teacher enters the room and start teaching my favorite subject, Music. I don't need to see beside me to already know that Baekhyun keeps taking secret glance at me, confusing stare probably.

 

; Meanwhile at Baekhyun’s side ;

The moment I sit down on my seat, I saw a piece of sticky note pasting on my desk. Thus, I lightly pull the sticky notes up and read the content, 'See you later, My Knight.' I know it's hers but I don't get it. I'm confused. Does she stick it on the wrong desk? But, she probably won't. So, I'm more confuse, what do she mean by see me later? What do she mean by My Knight? 

'Had you forgave me for what I did? Is that why you want to see me later?' I asked, but in my heart.

 

Few hours and few classes later, the school's finally over with the last rang of the bell. Packing my bad slowly, I look at Taeyeon who is already rushing out of the classroom, leaving my heart drop down to the floor again. Chuckling bitterly, I realized that I'm such a fool. Why does she even want to see me? I hurted her, there's no way she'll forgive me that easily. Smiling lightly, I hang the strap of my bag on one shoulder before walking out from the classroom.

Stopping on my step, a girl stands in front of me and smiles, "Yes, may I help you?" I asked, politely.

"Please follow these arrows here..." before I could even asked, "Just follow, no questions." 

 

Looking at her weirdly, I nod my head because I had a feeling that I needed to follow, plus, it's Taeyeon's friends' order, who am I to reject? Following the arrows, I was then stop again by another friend of Taeyeon, this time, instead of asking me to do something weird, she passed me a sticky note while smiling kindly. Taking it from her, I said my thanks and continue my way. On my way there, everything is going smoothly, time to time, Taeyeon's friend will appeard and hands me a piece of sticky note.

All of a sudden, a girl appeared out of nowhere and pat on my shoulder, putting the note on my hand before walking away, doesn't care about the shock that she gave me, "What the hell is going on? Should I keep my hope high or?" I whispered.

 

Climbing up the stairs, the last one of her friend, I assumed and also someone I'm very closed to, smiles at me and hands out the sticky note, "Cherish her, don't ever hurt her again, and gives yourself a second chance, Baekkie." She said, squeezing my shoulder.

 

It's right, it's really Taeyeon but what's all this? Do I even deserve all of these preparations? Without wanting the girl to wait any longer inside the rooftop, I nod my head at my cousin and ran upstairs until the last flight of it, breathing out to calm myself down from the breathless but not my racing heart, because I know, no matter what I did, my heart will still accelerates faster.

 

'Thank you for everything you ever did for me, Baekhyun.'

'You're my shining armour who protected me from all kinds of danger.'

'I'm so sorry for not knowing the truth, but now, I do.'

'I thought I had let go of you, but the moment I see you, I realized that I didn't.'

'This is my special event for you, I hope you'll love it.'

'I still feel the same for you, and I'm still the same me, nothing changes.'

'Don't be hurt anymore, the past is finally over now.'

'Now, it's our new beginning, Byun Baekhyun. Please only enter after knocking the door, do this favor for me.'

 

; Back at Taeyeon ;

Hearing the sound of knocking, I exhale deeply once and look at the door, seeing how he entered and look around, astonished to see the surrounding of once gloomy looking rooftop to a more colorful vibe. Once he stops his stare, looking straight into my eyes, I smile shyly and strum the guitar, I start singing the song that I wrote for him, all of the words that I badly wanted to tell him but didn't know how and when's the right time. 

내가 그대 곁에 있어서 행복합니다
I'm happy that I'm by your side
내가 그대 곁에 있어서 꿈을 꿉니다
I dream because I'm by your side
내가 그대 곁에 있어서 웃을 수 있습니다
I can smile because I'm by your side
내 사람이길 또 기도합니다
I pray again that you will be my person

내 맘이 보여서
If you see my heart
내 진심이 느껴진다면
And feel my true heart
내 맘이 보여서
If you see my heart
내게 오는 길 찾는다면
And find your way to me
나의 모든 마음 주고 싶어
I want to give you all of my heart
나의 곁에 그대 영원토록 있는다면
If you can stay by my side forever

그대 나의 곁에 있어서 고맙습니다
Thank you for being by my side
그대 나의 곁에 있어서 따뜻합니다
Because you're by my side, it's so warm
그대 나의 곁에 있어서 다시 힘을 냅니다
Because you're by my side, I'm able to have strength
바라만봐도 눈물이 납니다
Just looking at you, make tears come

내 맘이 보여서
If you see my heart
내 진심이 느껴진다면
And feel my true heart
내 맘이 보여서
If you see my heart
내게 오는 길 찾는다면
And find your way to me
나의 모든 마음 주고 싶어
I want to give you all of my heart
나의 곁에 그대 영원토록 있는다면
If you can stay by my side forever

세상에 지쳐가도 우리
Even if we get exhausted in this world
서로 곁에 항상 옆에 잡은 그 손 놓지마
Let's always stay by each other's side, Never let go of my hand

마지막 사랑을 그댈 위해 쓰고 싶은데
I want to use my last love for you
마지막 운명이 그대 라면 행복할텐데
I would be so happy if my last destiny was you
나의 모든 마음 주고 싶어
I want to give you all my heart
나의 곁에 그대 영원토록 있는다면
If you can stay by my side forever
All With You

 

At the last note of the song, I open up my pair of eyes to see him, still staring at me but this time, with tears. Thus, I chuckle and take my steps to him, helping him to wipe away his tears. Once I'm done and before I could take away my hand, he holds onto mine, his eyes staring into my eyes, my soul.

"When did you prepare all of this? Why?" He asked, softly.

Smiling, "I wrote this song for you, and I prepared everything since last night." I replied.

"What makes you change your mind? I thought you hated me so much, so, whgy?" He asked, again, lifting his hand up and cares my face.

 

I miss his gentle touch so much, it always makes my heart flutters and feel so much love and cares from it. Leaning my face onto his hand, I could feel that his smile widen a little bit. I'm telling the truth, I'm still the clingy girl who loves him, a lot. The clingy girl who he also loves and won't ever get tired of, hopefully. I trust him, I trust our future, because both of us won't let this story ends here. Thus, I take out his silver book and hands it to him.

"Because of this, Anne gave it to me yesterday and I realized, just how much you love me and willing to be hurt just for my happiness. I still love you, I always do. I'm just too hurt to face you, so I buried it deep down into my heart. But once I know the truth, I think you, both of us deserve a one more chance." I confessed, explaining.

"Thank you, Taeyeon ah, I really really love you. I won't ever get tired of you, believe in me." He replied, tightening his hold on my hand.

"And I do, because I love you too. So much more." 

 

Leaning closer, I close my eyes to feel the warmth lip of his which I had missed it, under the beautiful sunset but was ignored by us as both me and Baekhyun have the time of our life, making up to each other for the month that we're seperated from each other. The slow yet full of passionate kiss. And through that, that's when I know...

"Giving him, giving us this last chance is the best decisions that I'd ever made in my life." 

THE END!