Chapter 06

Last Chance

The next morning, I wake up earlier compare to the rest of the day because today is such an important day and I can't afford to be late, or else dad will be mad but I know he'll let me off the hook if I just act all cutely to him. Oh, almost forgot, I run to one of my wardrobes that is full of dress that is for this kind of special occassion, although I rarely attend but I do, but only those private event where there is no reporters or any medias play. Flipping it one by one, until I stop when I see the right one, smiling happily, I take it out and hang it behind my door.

"Dress, checked. Now, hairstyles!"

 

So, I walk out from my wardrobe and head towards my own study room, turning on the laptop. I'm staying at my parents' mansion by the way, if not, I wouldn't be able to have so many wardrobes of mine in that big room, right? Turning on the Google, I search for the mature type because dad warns me to look mature despite having this baby face, which I wouldn't complain about it as I'm loving it. After few minutes, I finally find the right one, so I save it to my phone before shutting down the laptop.

"Hairstyles, checked. Makeup... Oh well, that can wait." 

 

Skipping that part, I head towards the kitchen to get the box of cereal and pour it into a bowl, including milk to it. Food is always important, am I right? I take my breakfast with me, to the living room and sit down on to sofa, turning on the television and change it to my favorite channel, Disney. Don't judge, don't speak, I love it and you, just deal with it. In the middle of it, I dial the number of my personal assistance who has been with me since young and waits for her to answer the call which she did.

“Young Lady, are you going to get ready now?” she asks.

“Ahjumma, please come here. I need your help for today.” I whine.

She chuckles, "I know, Mr Kim already informed me yesterday, be there in ten!" 

 

I smile and hang up the phone, taking the empty bowl to the kitchen and wash it myself, instead of letting the maid to do it. When I'm done, I turn off the television and walks back to the room, scrolling through my social apps, especially on Kakaotalk, the group chat with the girls. 

“Girls, I’ll see you guys tonight. Be there, EARLY!” I sent.

 

Just in time, the doorbell rang and I squeal happily, skipping to the door and opens it, knowing too well who it is. There she is, my personal assistance, I mean stylist is much more accurate actually, but oh well, she looks more healthier and happier now, I'm glad. She's just like another mom to me, she's been there since I was a little kid, so she's been in my life for more than a decade.

“Ahjumma!” I shouts, hugging her.

She laughs, hugging me back, "I miss you too, kiddo. And I'm sure you have the style that you want?"

Nodding my head like a little kid, "This is the hairstyle, you can prepare for it. I'll just get into the shower and change into the dress." 

 

Passing her my phone with the pictures in it, I ran towards the toilet and starts showering quickly but cleanly, afraid that I'll be late. When I'm done after half an hour, I unlock the door and let ahjumma enters the room, setting up her curling tong and stuff like that, especially her makeup box that fills with various types and brands of makeup products.

"You look pretty in this dress, kiddo." She said, scanning me.

"Ahjumma, I don't want any heavy makeup!" I said.

She nods, "I've been with you since young, I know just what to do!" She said, assuring me.

 

Nodding my head, I let her do all the works and like she said, she's been with me since young. So, she knows what to do and what suits me the most, letting her handling me, I could rest assure in hundred percent that nothing would gone wrong as she'll turn me into the most beautiful girl in the venue, for today. Two hours later, she squeezes my shoulder and looks at me through the mirror, giving me a thumb up. Standing up from the chair, I look at myself in the mirror, checking it and as I expected, i love it. Definitely, there won't be any regret ever for having her as my stylist.
 


 

By the time I’m completely ready including an hour of resting, it’s already 6:55p.m. and he’s gonna be here soon, in five minutes. Thus, I take the clutch that I'm going to pair with this dress and send ahjumma out of the house, waving goodbye to her. I didn't close the door, instead, I wear my pair of black high heels and get out from the house after seeing a familiar car is coming. Locking the door, he arrives inside the mansion and get out from his car, receiving a bow from the security guard.

"Wow, our Taeyeonnig had finally becoming a lady." He said, opening the car door for me.

"Oppa, you always make fun of me!" I whine.

"Alright, get in baby girl, if not, your dad is going to be mad." He said, urging me to enter.

Rolling my eyes, "It's your dad too!" I said, entering the car. 

 

In the car, I had a talked with my brother. He just came back from the United States, yesterday. He's in charge of handling the overseas company, while as you can see, I'll be the one who will be handling the one in Seoul, life is so hard, don't you think so? Anyway, I miss him so much, so I tell him everything about my life when he's away, everything including Baekhyun and Anne, whereas he tells me about his life too - He said he'll bring someone over to meet me when he comes back the next time. There's a lot of reporters waiting, so, we went in through the backdoor where only VIPs are allowed to enter from there. 

“Luckily, we’re the VIP!” My brother exclaims.

I laugh, "I know right, if not, we'll be facing a lot of camera flashes."

 

We're both laughing out loudly, when suddenly my dad appeared out of nowhere, shocking both of us but when we're overcomes it, I walk to his side with my brother behind me, I hug both of them and my brother did the same, but he hugs a little bit longer than I am because he rarely sees them, and he misses his family badly. 

"Manners, my child. Manners." Dad said, refering to our loud laughter just now.

"How's life outside the mansion, Tae?" Mom asks, helping us out.

Winking at her playfully, "It's fun, but things will be different now." I said softly at the last word.

 

Mom pats my back to encourafe me before walking away with Dad to the backstage, getting ready to start the event. Meanwhile, my brother squeezes my shoulder and reached out his arm and put in on his waist, I smile a little bit at him before linking my arms at his arm.

"Let's go?" He asks.

Inhale deeply, I nod my head, "Let's!"

 

Entering the venue, everyone in there stare at us, but I hide the nervous and smile awkwardly but my hand grip tighter around my brother's arm, whereas he just pat my hand with his other free hand, calming me down. I beam at him, looking around to find my friends and which I did, after a few times of scanning from here to there.

"Girls, let me do the introducing, shall I?" I ask.

They nod their head at me, "This is my brother, Kim Heechul. Oppa, this is Tiffany, Jessica, Sunny, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona and lastly, our maknae, Seohyun. They're my bff!" I huff when I'm done introducing them, one by one while pointing at them.

Heechul chuckles, "Hello, please take good care of our Taeyeonnie." He said.

"We will, don't sweat about it." Hyoyeon said in her freestyle behaviour.

 

All of us laugh at that, she will always be the same, always, doesn't matter where and what kind of event is she attending. Suddenly, I see my brother glancing at the backstage, I follow his view and see Dad's secretary is waving at us, probably telling us to be there with him. I sigh.

"Excuse us, we need to get going now." He said, politely.

 

My friends nod their head in understanding, so I wave to them and starts walking with Heechul to the backstage, arms in arms. We need to do that, I mean I, because this high heel is freaking killing me, it's so hard to walk on it, I still don't get it why girls can handle it, I'm a girl myself too, but why can't I do that? On our way there, I heard someone calling for me, and I halt my steps and look behind me to see who it is and when the figure coming closer, he is already panting hardly.

"H-hi, so this is your partner for tonight?"