Chapter 03

Last Chance

Beep.. Beep.. Beep..

Reaching out my hands to shut down the alarm, I huff once and stretch myself, getting up from the bed. Because I'll probably fall back to bed if I see my messy bed, I made my bed and starts my day inside the toilet doing my daily routine - Brush my teeth, showering, shaving and so on, you know it. When I'm out, I wear the clothes that I had picked out from yesterday night and head downstairs, to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. By the time I'm done, I look to the wall and take a look at the clock, seeing that I still have quite a bit of time left till school's start.

"But before that..." I pause, looking at the clock to see it struck to 07:00A.M.

 

Knock... Knock... Knock...

Taeyeon grins, "As I was expecting."

 

So, I take my time to walk to the door and opens up, smiling at that guest. Like always, she stares at me with those big doe eyes of her, making a puppy eyes. Although it doesn't really have any effect o me or any feelings of giving to her whatever she wants, but still, if I don't, she'll die out of hunger and bothers me until she got what she wants. I open the door wider for her to enter, but before I could walk away, I look back at her.

"Your breakfast is at the dining room, remember..." 

"Remember to clean up the dishes afterwards, no problem, unnnie!" She said, excitingly.

Laughing at how she completes my word while rolling her eyes, "You win, you win! See you in a few, Yoong!"

 

Yoona nods her head, clapping her hand gleefully before sprinting off to the dining room to start eating her breakfast. Walking back to my own room, I completely dried my hair and comb it, not forgetting to do my light makeup as order by Jessica. Before I walk out of the room, I take my new school bag, you know those fashion type instead of a normal school bag, and walk out of my room to head to the kitchen to find Im YoonAh who is probably done by now.
 

"Unnie, are you done?" She shouts.

I stand behind her silent as she's wearing her shoes, "Yes, I'm right behind you now." I said, spookily.

 

She jumps a little because of my sudden appearance, smacking me on my arms in an instant, normal reaction. But, I could only cracks up while rubbing my arm in pain at her expression, it's totally worth it. So, we got out from the house to see Tiffany sitting inside the car, waiting for us. Yes, we're going with her car instead because we're just lazy to drive and there's still parking space that need to be find afterwards, so why bother if you could have a personal driver? I chuckles at my own thought.

"You totally rock, girl!" Tiffany exclaims, the moment I enter her car.

"Told you so, I do know fashion." I reply, chuckling.

 

On our way to school, we sing along to the song on the radio if we do know the lyrics. If we don't, it's either we hum along with it or just move our body, swaying with the rhytm. When I see the school's building in front of me, I feel nervous, like all of a sudden. However, a pair of hand holds mine and pat it. So, I look at her and smile.

"I'll be fine, don't worry, Yoong." I said, reassuring her.

 

She nods her head and smile, finally stop furrowing her forehead in worrisome. Just what did I do in the past life to have this bunch of best friends, sisters? Three of us got down from the car, Tiffany is locking the car when I heard someone shouting, thus, I look to the direction of the sound and see the girls arriving one by one in their own car, but some of them also comes together, just like me, Tiff and Yoong.

“Omo, unnie! You look amazing!” Seohyun shouts, giving me a thumb up.

“Thank you, Seobaby! Glad that I picked the right outfit." I said, honestly.

 

Did I say something wrong or is the choice of my words are weird? Because suddenly, all of them starts laughing their heads off to whatever they think it's funny about my words. Few seconds later, they finally coming to a stop, so, we start entering the school with students gathering around us and since it's my first time, I feel awkward and uncomfortable with it. So, I hold someone's hand that is near me without knowing who it is but her voice helps me identified who is it.

"It's going to be fine, you'll used to it someday, just like us." Yuri whispers, holding back my hand.

"I know, still it's too uncomfortable." I whine silently, pout a little.

 

Yuri just chuckles at me, gripping my hand tighter, showing that they are all here for me. I could only huff and continue walking with students surrounding us, gossiping. And when i said, gossiping is not a gossiping, trust me because you can still hear them clearly and loudly. 

“Who’s that? She's so beautiful.”

"How come I've never seen her before? Is she a newcomer?" 

 

However, all the gossips died down the moment Jessica appears. Why? Let's just say that she shouts out, very loudly, maybe with all of her strength inside that body of her, calling out for me. I facepalm myself, she could have just call any others of them, why me? But I smirk, seeing the shock face of every students, looking back and forth between Sica and I. How does it feel? It's fun for you guys to bully me, but from now on, I don't think you guys will ever have that chance anymore.

"Taeyeon ah, wait up!" Jessica shouts.

"Woke up late, again, princess?" I ask, more like making a statement while grinning.

"Shut up!" She said, coldly.

"You do know that I'm not afraid of that tone any longer, right?" I ask, amusingly.

 

The next thing I know is that, she starts hitting me because of the embarrasssment she's getting it, from me. Yeah, from the awesomest Kim Taeyeon. All eight of us burst out laughing, but at the same time, I tried to protect myself from her hiding behind Seohyun because her hitting is really painful. But I'm safe by the bells! All of us walk seperately, back to our own classroom. When I enters mine, all eyes are on me, murmuring but I could care less about that and went straight to my seat.

"Please let the seating be change in the past one month, I don't want to sit next to Baekhyun." I pray inside of my heart.

 

Soon, my hope will always be crush into reality, cause, as I saw Baekhyun entering the class and sat on his seat, which is beside me. But he does not bother to greet me or talk to me, I guess he doesn't recognize me at all. Although he's not talking, but he keeps looking at me, weirdly but his voice finally comes out from his mouth. He still sounds the same, in my opinion.

"Who are you? This seat belong to Kim Taeyeon." He said. 

"I know, I'm Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon." I said, coldly with a smirk.

 

From my peripheral view, I could see that he is bewildered by my words but he choose to be silent afterwards. Soon, the class is slowly filling up with students. The moment the teacher enters the classroom to get the attendance, that's when the school's building start shaking, I mean not really shaking like earthquake, you get it what I mean, right? I raise my hands up after my name had been called, I am the girl who they once hated because of my look and now, let's see if you still have anything to say about me.

"Miss Kim, are you fine now?" My homeroom teacher, Mrs Lee asks.

Nod my head, "Yes, ma'am."

"Good to have you back with us!" She said, smiling, sincerely.

 

Mrs Lee always treat me with kindness and love, that's why I love her the most among others teacher who doesn't care about me. She's just like a mother figure of mine, in the school. When she starts teaching her lesson, I'm trying to focus but feeling the stare that I keep on getting from Baekhyun, it's making me feeling so much more uncomfortable. That's why, I huff in anger and glares at him.

"Can you stop looking at me? Go look at your girlriend instead." I whisper, coldly.

"Is it really you?" He asks.

 

However, I just roll my eyes at his choice of word. Wow, he actually suspect that I'm a fake Taeyeon, hello, are you a fool? Well, I guess, he is. Baekhyun looks embarrass when I ignore him, so his ears turn red and he starts focus back on the class. I shake my head at him, 'You had me broken before, so don't even think of me being kind to you again.' I thought. An hour later, the bell rang. It doesn't need to take a very long time when my classmates start their chattering, because the Queenka are inside the class for the very first time.

"Unnie, are you done yet?" Seohyun asks.

"Wait for a moment, I'll just clear my stuff." I said.

Seohyun nods her head, "Hurry up, we're hungry!" Sooyoung whines, follow by her partner, Yoona.“

Hyoyeon clears , "Not we, it's both of you!" She backfires at them, who only stick their tongues out at her.

"Let's go!" I said.

 

And so, we starts turning on our heels and walk to the cafeteria, in a group. It feels new to me, I mean, I haven't really done all of these in the school with the past me. While we're on our way to the counter to get our food, I walk off to the water section to order for them so we don't need to wait for such a long time later. However, before I could even move to the front line, someone bump into me, purposely. Thus, I look into the eyes of the person who is currently glaring at me. Anne.

"You have no rights to talk to Baekhyun, get it?" She said.

 

Rolling my eyes, annoyingly. I did not even talk to him, he's the one who started it. Because I didn't want to make a scene in the school, I decided to walk away, ignoring her. If I were you, I would be extra careful from now on. I'm not the nerd that you lied to anymore, I'm Kim Taeyeon, with other eight girls who is protecting me all the time, from someone like you. I really want to tell her that, but I can't, eventually.

However, Anne catches me, "Don't ignore me!" She shouts.

 

With that loud voice of her, it's not a surprise that everyone starts focusing on us, boy! Why can't I have a peaceful day in my school life? With that, I glare at her with all the hatred I have for you and put my hands on my waist. I'm annoy, mad now, way too annoy, in fact. Soon, i feel another presence beside me, I look to the side and smile to see the girl, the one that always protect everyone in the group whenever she realized things are not going too well.

"Taeyeon ah, are you doing alright?" She asks, worriedly.

"From my peripheral view, I could see the stun look of Anne, hearing my name, "I'm fine, Yuri, too fine." I said, reassure her with a smirk.