12 | FALLEN

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 12: FALLEN

When she had woken up, he had left already. Yoori went to headquarters to collect the last of her belongings there before she left for good and yet he wasn’t there. He was nowhere to be found or seen. Bangtan hasn’t seen him since last night at the funeral home. She wanted to see him for the last time but he wasn’t there. So she had to leave, without saying a proper goodbye to him. She actually had a hard time saying goodbye to the others. She had to hold back her tears as she hugged them and left. They made it clear that she couldn’t ever speak of them and to never contact them ever again. She had to admit, she’s going to miss them. Leaving this life, it’d probably make her feel a bit empty. She’s become so used to living this way, she’s going to miss it and the people.

Jungkook had to stay away. He made sure that he was out of the city itself that day. He was afraid that if he was there, he might try to hold her back. There was no way he’d let himself be the reason she’d ruin her life even more. He had to stay away if he loves her. It was a miracle that he had the chance to see her one last time the night before. But now he had to let her go. He was someone frightening. She deserves a better life. She deserved someone better. No one would prefer a messed-up freak like him. He was crazy; a monster. He was never anyone’s ideal person to fall in love with. He’d rather giver her up than watch her life go to ruins because of him.

-2 Years Later-

It was a bit difficult to adjust to the “normal” life again after the day Yoori officially quit. It felt empty without Bangtan. It felt…strange. She should’ve been happy but it just felt odd to her. Eventually, she did adjust to her normal life again. She had more free time. Yoori was able to juggle with her classes, tutoring and opening her studio again. Things returned to how they were before she met Jungkook. The life returned back to how it was but her brain could never forget about Bangtan. More specifically, she couldn’t forget about Jungkook.

Yoori was happy that she was able to see Jihun more often. She was happy to be able to speak with her family more and she also got to fly back to the States to visit them right after she quit working for the gang. But nothing could ever make her erase what she has experienced with Bangtan and Jungkook. They were definitely something to remember.

She had to move on with her life though. Or so she thought. But damn, she was wrong. Yoori was stopping by a little coffee shop to get a drink before returning back to her art studio. She’s been painting a lot after she quit. Her experiences had given her so much inspiration. As if it was fate to run into a familiar figure, she turned around after ordering her drink and smiled at him.

“I know I shouldn’t be talking to you but I wanted to say hi and long time no see.” She said to Jimin. He smiled back at her. “It’s fine. How have you been?”

“I’ve been well. What about you?”

“Okay enough to live, that’s for sure.” He chuckled to himself. She quickly thanked the worker as she got her ordered drink. He still looked exactly the same. But it felt like she hasn’t seen him forever.

“How is Jungkook?” From that simple question, she noticed a frown form upon his face and his expression turned cold. He hesitated and couldn’t answer her for an entire minute. He bit his bottom lip before speaking.

“Jungkook…he passed away.” The drink that her hand held suddenly slipped through her fingers and fell to the ground. It spilled and she panicked. An employee came to clean up the mess, and Jimin had to have her sit down at a table to carry on their conversation.

At first, she chuckled and assumed Jimin was simply joking around. However, soon enough, a frown formed and she realized that he wasn’t lying. “When?”

“Shortly after you left. One month after, to be exact.” She turned pale and became speechless. “He couldn’t take it. He was suffering a lot, mentally. It was too late when we found him.”

--

She snapped awake in bed with staggered breaths and beads of sweat were formed on her forehead. Yoori swore it all felt too realistic to her. But enough worrying, she had to wake up and go do her daily routines of tasks. She didn’t think of it until she went into a coffee shop to get some coffee. She turned around and she felt her entire body freeze and turn cold. Jimin stood behind her. That was when those thoughts came rushing back into her mind. It was then that she began to fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter