13 | PROMISE

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13: PROMISE

Yoori swore and promised that she would from now on stay by his side. She cannot’t leave him again. After leaving him like that, he’s practically struggling to live properly. Bangtan were quite against having her stay because they knew she’d find herself back in the complicated position that she used to be in. She’ll only be struggling to juggle with her schedule again. Things would only become worse for her. However, she constantly begged them to let her stay. She was willing to throw her life away for Jungkook. When they thought about it, Jungkook has a slight chance of getting better with her help. He’d become upset with the fact that she returned to this life but he’d get better. That was all they had wanted for their youngest. They just wanted him to be happy.

It wasn’t going to be easy either. Yoori has attempted to approach him multiple times already over the past week. She failed to successfully interact with him though. He panicked every time he had seen her. She was questioned by the others numerous times regarding her choice to help Jungkook.

“You were so afraid of him. You hated him. So why are you suddenly wanting to help him now?” Namjoon asked her.

“I had a change of heart. I still care about him. Yes, his actions scared me but…seeing him like this just kills me. I need to help him.”

“Change of heart or not, I don’t want to sound rude but your decisions and regrets will mess up those around you. We don’t want to hear that you want to quit all of this for the second time. Once had been hard enough on Jungkook, we don’t want the possible chance of you saying those things for the second time.”

“I won’t change my mind. I swear, I will never.”

They didn’t necessarily know if this would help him or just make him worse. Bangtan felt uneasy leaving Jungkook with Yoori. They have a mission to do and they needed as much back up as possible. Therefore, they also had to leave. They have to entrust Yoori with looking after Jungkook. They were going to be out of the area and would probably return by tomorrow. The members hoped as they left, that Jungkook and Yoori will be fine.

The person whom she saw as fearless, remained in bed every time she sees him. He is bed-ridden and completely broken inside. She was given a heads up from his friends that gets difficult just to even make him eat something throughout the day. If they never looked after him, he would have been dead already from starvation and dehydration. She was also told that he frequently experiences nightmares so it’d be best if she checked up on him even while he is asleep. She missed hearing his voice. She has not been able to have a conversation with him in so long, she misses them.

Yoori entered his room, checking up on him while he was asleep. Her heart tore into bits and pieces when saw him. His forehead had beads of sweat and he was shaking his head a little as if was trying to say ‘no’ to whatever he was seeing in his mind. Her eyes noticed his tears escaping. Sitting on one side of his bed, her hand stretched out to him and placed itself on his cheek. Using her thumb, she wiped away his tears. Look at what she has done to him.

His eyes snapped open and to his fear of appearing before Yoori ever again, she was looking at him as if she was pitying him. He found it difficult to breathe. Or was it simply due to the fact that he was with her again? It felt suffocating, like he did not know where to go, what to say, or what to do. “Hey, are you okay?” He could hear her asking him. Wishing for her to just quickly leave, he muttered, “I’m fine.” His voice was a little shaky, making her feel concerned. He sat up, he felt awfully dizzy. Yoori was not far from him either. They were literally facing each other.

“Look, I haven’t been able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter