11 | WISHED; WANTED; NEEDED

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11: WISHED; WANTED; NEEDED

It was already bad enough that Jungkook had developed a phobia and his insomnia worsened, but now, he really couldn’t control himself with his actions. The belief and idea of himself being crazy and a monster is turning him into a person with no control. His idea is what makes him act this way. His temper seems to have worsened again and he couldn’t control himself around rival gangs lately. So he was eventually restricted from doing tasks like meeting up with rivals from hereon. Jungkook was like a child. He was stubborn and he wanted things to go his way but if any of hyungs told him anything, he’d obey their words. He was obedient and he loved his friends so he’d listen to them. At first, he argued and got upset but he eventually listened to them. They told him that he should take a break. They just wanted him to recover. Jungkook didn’t know it himself. He still couldn’t realize it. He couldn’t tell that he was ruining himself. His fear of himself worsened. Just a single sight of himself could set him off. It frightened him so much that he’d sometimes isolate himself an entire day and would refuse to leave his bed.

“Hyung, what did Yoori decide again?” He said, asking Yoongi as they were building a house of cards as a way to calm Jungkook down.

“She wants to leave. She said she’d leave after your mother’s funeral.”

“She’s willing to forget all of us?” Jungkook spoke to him as if he was a little child.

“It’s best this way.”

“Right. She’d be happier. She’d be so much happier.” He whispered in disappointment. Yoongi patted his back. “You did the right thing.” Jungkook’s face darkened and his head hung low. Yoongi could see the latter’s tears glistening from the lightbulb shining down at them. He groaned when the house of cards collapsed for the seventh time.

“I did the right thing.” Jungkook quietly whispered to himself.

--

Yoori dressed herself in a simple but modest all black dress. She simply left her straight long hair down. Taking in a deep breath, she stepped into the funeral home and approached the room. In front of her was the picture frame Jungkook’s mother. To the side of the room was Jungkook seated with a blank expression. She paid her respects to both his mother and him. The rest of Bangtan was there too. The room was silent. All they could hear was Jungkook’s little sobs. She caught the way he looked up at her. He was frowning and he looked like he was begging for her to help him somehow.

There wasn’t anyone else present at the funeral home. It was lonely and quiet. As she walked out of the funeral home, she felt her heart get heavier. Like she was feeling bad for him. She was afraid of him for god’s sake and yet she was suddenly feeling guilty. She noticed Seokjin head out and towards her.

“You’re leaving already?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know if I should or not.”

“Please. Can’t you just do us this one favor? Just for tonight. Please.” He begged her.

“What is it?”

“Please, please, just talk to him. We know, you could be long gone out of our lives tomorrow but please, he needs you. We can only do so much for him but he loves you. He just needs your comfort for today. Just today.”

“Has he been like this ever since that day?” Seokjin nodded at her. “He’s been worse than he is at the moment right now. You know, would’ve never hurt you. He loves you too much.”

“I’ll look after him. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter