9 | RUINS

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9: RUINS

Every kiss, every embracement, he felt so happy after confessing. He was being loved. It was a feeling he hadn’t felt for a long time. It was something he feared he wouldn’t ever receive because of who he was. His friends felt proud of him. They haven’t seen him this happy for quite a while now.

“Jungkook, confession time; when did you start having feelings for me?” Yoori quickly spoke at the speed of light. Flustered by her sudden question, he only chuckled and stared blankly at her. “Why such a random question all of a sudden?”

“Because, I just thought of it. Now answer.” She told him demandingly.

“Ever since that one night we had to stay in the hotel. Now, your turn. When did you start falling for me?” His lips formed into a smirk as he stared at her, waiting for her to answer.

“Well…to be honest…I don’t really know when…The realizations just hit me one day that I liked you.” Jungkook pouted, unsatisfied with her reply. Even so, he cupped her face and kissed her.

--

The more Jungkook thought about it, the more worried and regretful he felt for having Yoori work with the gang. Things just felt riskier and more dangerous for her to be around but at this point, they have no choice to need her help.

“Okay, Yoori, we’ll need to you to do this like all the previous times. You’ll sneak into the building with Jungkook while Yoongi will be waiting for you outside with the car ready. All of this should be done swiftly and in one go. And please, please, please, no fights. I’ll trust that you both won’t be fighting this time.” Seokjin told the three before they began to pack their supplies. They needed to hack into another company building again. This was the life. Endless hacking and digging for information.

Jungkook entered into the computer room where Yoori was packing her things. “Do you need help with anything?” She shook her head at him. “You look nervous. Are you okay?” He asked her out of concern.

“Yeah, a bit. But it’s nothing. I always got nervous the other times too. I just hope things will be done successfully today.” Back hugging her, he rested his head onto the crook of her neck. “It’ll be fine this time. We got this.”

Things were different this time. Their teamwork was different. Like Jungkook had assured her, things were going to work out just fine. They simply needed to hack into the system and get data from the building because they were closely affiliated with the one Jungkook’s been after. Luckily, they swiftly did the task and was out of the building without any other obstacles and troubles to deal with.

--

As soon as Yoongi drove them all back to headquarters, Jungkook’s phone rang. His facial expression changed and his face turned pale. “Okay, I’ll head there right away.” He said into the phone.

“Who was that? Yoori asked him. “It’s the hospital. I have to go see my mom.” He told her in a shaky voice.

“Take the car.” Yoongi told him and gave him the keys.

“I’ll go with you, Jungkook.” Jungkook turned back at Yoori and simply told her, “It’s alright. I can go by myself.”

--

He breathed heavily as he rushed himself into the hospital and to his mother’s room. As he approached her room, he noticed the door was already open. Once he stepped in, he saw the doctor standing still and staring down at his mother. The nurses were also present. Everyone in the room was just…watching and staring. The room was silent. Everything and everyone was so still. The heart monitor was off. The machines and equipment were all off and silent. His eyes focused onto the woman lying in the bed incredibly still and her face was pale. His mother. She lied there with her eyes closed and was oh so still.

“We are terribly sorry. She passed 10 minutes ago and we’ve announced it already. We are so sorry.” The doctor spoke to Jungkook. He couldn’t tell if his hearing has gone bad because he was hearing words that he couldn’t believe.

“No, no, no. You said she would be okay for a long time. Is this all a joke right now?” He said in disbelief.

“We apologize. There was nothing else that we could’ve done. We are terribly sorry for your loss.”

“You should’ve done all you could to save her! You’re the doctor, why couldn’t you save her properly?!” He cried aloud as he approached the bed in which his mother laid on. Her hand was cold. Tears left his eyes and he screamed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter