5 | HIM/HER

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5: HIM/HER

            Yoori couldn’t help but scoff at Jungkook, unable to believe he would be acting this way even in their current situation. It was impossible to stop a stubborn and stupid person like him from stating pointless and ridiculous things.

“You should of at least paid attention to your surroundings. How the hell do you not realize a man sneaks up on you?!” He was just being ridiculous. She couldn’t even understand or try to guess why he would be stating these things.

“First, you tell me to focus and do whatever it takes to steal your precious data and now you’re saying I should’ve not focused so much on what I was doing?! Why do you always blame things on me?!” She snapped back at him, trying her best to hold back her tears.

“You just always cause trouble for me! Do something right for once!”

“I can’t believe you would even say something like this! You’re pointless and it doesn’t make any ing sense for you to blame everything on me! You’re just upset because we got caught again! If you can’t do my job yourself, shut the up, I tried my ing best to avoid getting insulted by you again and yet here you are, scolding me for something that wasn’t my fault!”

“Just shut the up. Hearing you speak will only make me feel even more disgusted.” Out of anger and frustration, she couldn’t even stop herself from shedding tears. He just made her so angry, and she knew there wasn’t anything she could do about it.

            So, for the rest of the time she was with him, she remained silent. Eventually, Jungkook was able to find a hotel that gave a reasonable price for him to pay for one room. As much as they both wanted separate rooms, neither of them had a lot of money on them so one room was good enough. Yoori winced in pain after realizing that she was carrying her bag on the shoulder in which had the wound from the bullets. Once again, ignoring the fact that she was hurt, she didn’t say a word. She heard his phone ring and he quickly picked up the call.

“Oh my god, Jungkook! Do you know how worried we were?! Do you know how guilty Hoseok felt for having to leave the both of you?! Crazy bastard!” Seokjin yelled.

“Hyung, we’re fine.” Jungkook answered in a soft voice.

“Where are you?! We’ll come and get you.”

“It’s fine, hyung. We’re pretty worn out so we’re just going to stay at a hotel for the night.”

“Are you sure?” Seokjin asked out of concern.

“Yes, hyung.”

“You’re willing to rest in the same room with Yoori? That’s a first.”

“It’s not like I want to but we’ll make it work. I’m exhausted, hyung.”

“How is Yoori? Is she okay?”

“Yeah.”

“If you both are staying there, promise me you won’t kill her.”

“Hyung! Do you not trust me!”

“That’s hilarious because no, I don’t trust you when it comes to Yoori. So I will be praying at night that you won’t kill her.”

“Ugh.” Just from overhearing their conversation, it just made Yoori feel sad. He acts like a child who looks up to his best friends while he treats her like . Seeing how he called Seokjin to ensure his safety also made her miss talking to her family and Jihun all the time. She was scared and trembling in fear from everything and as much as she wanted to tell them to receive comfort, she couldn’t.

“Go shower and I’ll get us some food or whatever to eat.” He simply mumbled to her before heading out of the door.

--

            Aside from buying bowls of instant ramen for them to eat later, he also bought supplies to clean and patch up Yoori’s wound. As heartless as he can be, he wouldn’t mind if he let that wound get infected and eventually kill her but since s cared about her so much, he might as well let her disinfect it. Jungkook was aware that she was angry at him. He noticed when she had cried in front of earlier and it just suddenly made him experience this knew feeling. Was it perhaps, guilt that he felt? He guessed he did overreact too much this time. She was giving him the silent treatment since he yelled at her for no reason. Usually, when she ignores all of the members when she’s angry, it doesn’t affect him. He never cared if she didn’t talk to him or not but now that it was only him that she’s angry at and giving the silent treatment towards, he was kind of starting to experience how guilty the members usually felt. It felt weird, he’s not a person to feel guilty but he just somehow ended up feeling this way. All because of this girl. And because of the fact that she just happens to affect everyone positively, he just for some reason, hates her for that.

“We’ll eat ramen later for dinner. And I bought supplies for you to clean your wound.” Jungkook simply handed her the items and she only nodded at him. She walked past him to get to the bathroom but he stopped her, “I’ll help you with it. If you do it alone, you’re more likely to struggle.”

“It’s fine.”

“Just accept my help, okay?” She looked at him weirdly and in confusion, questioning herself if this was the Jungkook from earlier who had yelled at her for ridiculous reasons. “Fine.” They weren’t really in a relationship that was close enough to be revealing skin but she can’t do anything about it. He needed to clean the wound and in order to do that, she had to take off her shirt but of course, leaving on her bra. As much as she didn’t want to show her skin to him, he was right, it hurt badly and it’d be better if he’d help her out.

            He gulped as he focused only on her wound from the bullet. Jungkook was praying to himself that he wasn’t very red because he could feel the heat rush to his cheeks after glancing at her. , she has a nice body. He had problems with her and this was another one alright. She was ing hot. Jungkook shook his head, telling himself to not think of such weird things. Yoori winced in pain but she still tried her best to not make it a big deal.

“There, it’s all done now.”

“T-Thanks…”

“It’s nothing. I-I’m going to shower…you can go ahead and make ramen if you’re hungry.” He told her as he avoided letting her notice his embarrassed self.

--

            Noticing that Yoori was shivering from the cold temperature of the room and weather, he tossed her the flannel that he was wearing. She looked at him, once again asking herself if something had happened to the rude and merciless Jungkook. He, himself, was questioning why he would do something like this. He hated these things, it wasn’t like him to be helping out just anybody especially someone he hated so much. She mumbled to him a ‘thank you’.

“Let’s just go to sleep and rest up.”

            The two lay on the bed, on both ends, keeping distance between each other. They both lie awake in silence, listening to the rain falling outside. Yoori flinched when she saw lighting and heard a loud thunder clap. Rain was fine. But thunderstorms are terrible. “Jungkook?...”

“What?” He responded in a somewhat sassy tone.

“Well…you see, I’m-“ Before she could finish her sentence, she flinched again from the sound of thunder.

“Don’t tell me you’re afraid of thunderstorms?” He asked her, annoyed. She can sense that the original Jungkook was beginning to return to him once again.

“I am…” She could hear him sigh heavily. “Just this once, please? Just do anything to make me fall asleep quickly.”

“Fine. How about I whistle a little song for you?” Her eyes widened and chills were sent down her spine from hearing his song. (Begin) “I won’t be able to sleep if I hear your song of death.”

“Song of death?! Where the hell did you come up with that name?”

“You use that creepy song before you kill someone. I witnessed it myself when I first saw you. You’ll be making me feel more afraid than sleepy if you use that song. You know what, I just hate songs, don’t sing or hum songs, they’re creepy.”

            He scoffed at her from hearing her little comment. “Man, you sure are being picky when it comes to asking me to help you out this time.”

“Please?”

“Geez, I hate you so much, I swear.” He mumbled to himself grumpily. By surprise, she felt his arms wra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter