6 | BUILDING & LOSING FRIENDSHIPS

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6: BUILDING & LOSING FRIENDSHIPS

“Hey, Yoongi hyung, Taehyung, Jimin, don’t you think something has changed between Jungkook and Yoori? Like, seriously, have you guys noticed it?” Hoseok asked them with excitement. Yoongi, who was resting on the sofa, covered himself with his blanket, facing himself towards the sofa to avoid any disturbances. “Don’t know, don’t care as long as it’s a positive thing. I’m going to sleep, so don’t ing bother me.” Hoseok heard him mumble.

“Well, I do see them together often now and Jungkook also doesn’t look like he’s dying to kill her anymore.” Taehyung said.

“They seem to be talking a lot more now.” Jimin commented. Hoseok snapped his fingers, “Exactly! But the question is, how the hell did their relationship change so drastically?”

“They’ve been talking ever since that day they had to stay together overnight. You never know, with just a couple of hours being with each other, it may have gotten them closer.”

It’s true, they have been getting closer. At first, Yoori had assumed it to be Jungkook simply being nice to her because she actually succeeded in get data from that company. But then he began talking to her more, asking how her day was, basically having casual conversations with her. They were gradually building a bond and friendship and Bangtan were glad to see them finally getting along.

Jungkook seriously didn’t know what happened to his feelings, his mind, practically everything but it all just felt…right. He liked acting this way. He was just somehow slowly becoming more and more fond of her and now, he doesn’t even care about the very fact that he is. It wasn’t like the two were getting along perfectly well. They’d still argue over topics from time to time but it wasn’t the same as the ones that they’ve had before. Before this, they would argue and it’d get intense and maybe even dangerous. But now, everything just felt different, in a positive way. He guessed the members were right about her. She’s actually a great person if he’d actually open up to her.

--

Building a friendship with Jungkook is one thing but that relationship itself is probably causing her friendship with Jihun to begin to fall apart. Due to the fact of being busy with juggling time for class, tutoring and work for the gang, she really had no extra time on her hands. She has had her studio closed for four days already. So, obviously, it would mean that there is just no way for her to be able to go out on her free time.

“Hey, Yoori, we should hang out since you don’t have tutoring today. You promised from last time that you would.” Jihun said to her with excitement. The tall boy smiled happily and swung an arm over her shoulders as they walk out from their class.

“Uh Jihun, I-I don’t think I can today, I’m really sorry…” He spoke in disappointment, “Oh, I guess you’ve become incredibly busy, huh? I heard you haven’t opened your studio because of how busy you’ve been. It’s okay, I understand.” She felt bad that she had turned him down again. But she couldn’t help it, she already knew she had so much work waiting for her in her work room because she took an early break the night before.

Her eyes widened at the sight of Jungkook standing and waiting out at the entrance. Jihun immediately recognized Jungkook as one of the boys who had waited for her last time. Yoori swore he always appears at the the wrong time and on the wrong day. Jungkook smiled and looked delighted to see her. Last time, he had looked as though he wished he didn’t have to stand there because of Taehyung. And here he is now, waiting for her, by himself.

“So you don’t have the time to spend time with me, but you obviously do when it comes to that guy.” Jihun commented bitterly.

“Jihun, it’s not like that. I want to spend time with you but I just can’t.”

“But you can spend time with him. Just who is he, Yoori? Why is it that you can go off with him but you can’t even hang out with me? I thought I was your best friend.” Jihun looked at her, his eyes were full of hurt and she felt terrible.

“He’s not anyone. Believe me, I really want us to hang out but I don’t have the time-“

“Than what is he to you? Is he your boyfriend or something? You haven’t told me about anything lately and you’re constantly refusing to even go out for a meal with me. I just don’t understand anymore.” From afar, Jungkook stood there, awfully curious as to why the two suddenly stopped walking. They seemed to be arguing but he couldn’t really guess why.

“He’s not my boyfriend, Jihun. If I had one, I’d tell you.”

“Can’t you be honest with me? I just want to know why we can’t hang out like we used to. I want to hear the reason why you’re so busy. I just want us to talk again.”

“I’m sorry, Jihun but I can’t tell you. I want to but I can’t.”

“Every time, I try to understand you but…this time, I just can’t. Can’t you choose to just hang out with me just this once over whoever that guy is?” Yoori looked at him, then at Jungkook and then back at him again. She bit her lip before she spoke, “I’m sorry, Jihun, but I can’t…”

He had believed she might’ve and would’ve chosen to just go with him just once but his hope had disappeared out of disappointment from hearing her answer. She looked up at him with apologetic eyes. He scoffed at her, “I guess I’m really not your best friend anymore then.” Jihun angrily walked off, leaving her to stand there by herself. As he walked out, Jungkook could’ve sworn that he glared at him.

“Why are you here?” Yoori asked him in a serious tone when she approached him. “I came to get you, I know it’s been tiring for you so I decided to take you out for you to take a little break from everything.”

“So you came, not to drag me into some task I have to do for Bangtan?” He nodded at her and anger just suddenly built up inside of her. The guilt made it so that her anger would increase even more. “You could’ve told me, Jungkook! You could’ve told me that I have free time!”

“What happened, Yoori?” Realizing that she was still on campus where people could overhear them, she walked off to his car. It was when they got into the car that she started yelling at him again. For the first time, Jungkook was actually startled and shocked to see her so angry at him.

“This is all your fault, Jungkook! God, of all days…you just had to come here, didn’t you?”

“Shouldn’t you be happy that I would come here, not forcing you to do work? I came to take you out to go somewh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter