10 | EISOPTROPHOBIA

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10: EISOPTROPHOBIA

Jungkook’s face darkened and he hung his head low. He left her work room and heard the door click once he closed it behind him. The bloodied body of Seohyun was no longer there. His friends must have quickly disposed it before it drove him any crazier. He didn’t mean to kill her. It was like his emotions had overcame him and he just couldn’t control himself at that moment. He let his emotions get the best of him. It all seemed like it had occurred within a few seconds. Everything happened too fast and he couldn’t realize what he was doing before it was too late.

“Jungkook-“ Seokjin started but was cut off by him. “Hyung, I just want to be left alone for the night, please.” Seokjin didn’t say anything else to him and watched the boy walk and shut himself in his bedroom with his head still hung low in sorrow, heartbreak and shame.

He couldn’t seem to fall asleep that night. He wanted to force himself to fall asleep to keep himself away from the ugly reality of his life. Jungkook lied there, thinking over and over about his mother, his actions and Yoori. His mind replayed those occurrences as if they were simply parts of a movie. His mother was gone from this world. He had gotten rid of Seohyun. He basically lost Yoori too.

There wasn’t a chance of him being able to fall asleep that night. He was lying there for hours and into the early mornings hours, wide awake. He finally resorted to taking sleeping medication in order for him to force himself to fall asleep.

He usually had insomnia. Lately, it wasn’t very common. He guessed he was more stress free and way too happy. He used to have troubles with sleeping before he met Yoori so he would take sleeping medications quite often. It wasn’t a good thing to do but what could he do?

--

At first, he attempted to reason with Yoori. He tried his best. He wanted to explain to her and beg for her forgiveness however, she completely shut him out. She still worked at the headquarters but she tried all she could to avoid seeing him.

“Yoori. I just want to see her.” He whispered. Hoseok looked at him sympathetically as he listened to him speak, “But she hates me. She’s afraid of me. Hyung, what should I do? I’d rather have her at ease than make her feel uneasy every time she sees me.”

“Jungkook, if you want her at ease, you have to do it yourself. You know what’s right from wrong. I know you’d make the right decision.” Jungkook knew what Hoseok was implying to him though.

“Are you sure it’s okay?”

“I talked about it with the others already. They agreed but it all depends on you. Whatever you decide, it’ll be final.”

“Can I do it myself?” Jungkook looked at Hoseok as if he was just a child, asking for advice. The latter nodded at him.

“Just know that we all know you’re a good person. You’re making the right decision. We’re proud of you.”

This was his last time. His final time to speak to her. When he entered her work room, she flinched and backed away from him. Fear. He was frightening, wasn’t he? “It’s okay, I’ll quickly say what I have to and I’ll leave you alone forever.”

She looked up at him with those innocent eyes of hers and listened. “I know you’re afraid of me. The more I think about it, I just keep on ruining your life this way. From day 1, it was a mess and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter