Innocent

Just neo

 

 

Taekwoon woke up with the sound of his clock alarm ringing, as his ears picked the sound he rolled on his stomach pushing his face deeper on the pillow, but he knew he had leave his comfortable bed soon, so he sat up while rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes, after leaving the bed he went to take a quick shower and then get ready for another day of work, his life consisted of just one thing : work.

Working was all he did during daylight, after the death of his father, as his father's only son, he decided to continue his father's job, his father worked for the country's most important man, he worked as headman of king palace's guard, Just like his father, taekwoon was pretty good at fighting,  so after the death of his father he continued his father's work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taekwoon was waiting in his room at the guard's building for minho to come and tell him the schedule of day, he was trying to write a letter to the prance to inform him of the events of last week, when finally minho came, minho bowed at him before speaking. 

"today we need to visit mr cha's house hyungnim, he should have paid his debt one week ago but he didn't, we sent him some messages but he ignored them, so Prince hongbin said we need to go and visit him today, also we figured mr cha spent so much money on gambiling so he has money but refuses to pay us"  Minho told.

Taekwoon's eyebrows turend into a frown as he heard it, he knew it wasn't going to be an easy task.

"ok, let's go now, get about ten people ready to go along with us"

Then taekwoon grabbed his sword and left room with minho following behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived infront of Mr cha's house taekwoon told the soldiers to stay out of house while he and minho went inside to talk to mr cha. taekwoon knocked the door and after a few minutes the door was opened and a teenage boy was there at doorway, he seemed to be about 15 or maybe 16. He was tall and his skin color was a bit darker than most of the people in their country, but it wasn't ugly at all, it fitted his features pretty well, all in all he was indeed pretty with his full lips and cute little nose, taekwoon thought.

" how can I help you? "  

the boy asked with a low voice like he was shook and a bit scared of seeing the guard at the door of his house.

"we're here to talk to cha sung jun, is he home?"   taekwoon said softly.

 "yes, you can come in"

 then the boy walked aside and opened the door completely to let them in.

 

 

 

Taekwoon and minho waited in the yard of house while the boy went inside of house to call his father, they waited for ten minutes untill the man showed up, but he wasn't alone, the boy from earlier and a women, that seemed to be his wife, came out  with him, the boy was standing near his mother grabbing her hand.

mr cha walked closer to taekwoon and minho as he saw them. 

"what do you want here?"

mr cha asked, he was looking at taekwoon like the latter had committed a crime coming to his house, taekwoon himself didn't want to even talk to such a rude and filthy man like him, but it was his job and he had no other choice .

 "you should have paid your debt by last week, but you didn't, you ignored the letters we sent too, so we're here to get the money" 

taekwoon said looking at the man in the eyes and he tried to look strong and confident.

 Mr cha seemed to get angry at taekwoon for saying that he had to pay his debt, taekwoon wondered how he can be so shameless.

Then mr cha walked a bit more closer to them, never breaking his eyes from taekwoon.

"I don't have any money, you can take what you want instead of money, but I doubt you can find anything here"  

he had an ugly smirk on his face, taekwoon wondered why it was illegal to beat such a person to death, he didn't pay his debt on time and now he was refusing to pay it.

" ahhhh I think I have something to give you instead of money"  

mr cha suddenly said like something had popped into his mind, then he turned toward where his wife and son were standing and walked to them, he grabbed his son's arm harshly and pulled his hand out of his mother's hold, then he dragged him infront of taekwoon and minho, taekwoon wondered what he was doing, why he was acting so violent to his son, much to taekwoon's wonder he pushed his son to fell on the ground just infront of taekwoon.

"you can take him, he's such a useless son, he can't even fight, he's just an extra mouth to feed, but I'm sure you can sell him to some ion buyers"

At that moment taekwoon really wanted to beat this man to death for saying those awful words, how can he do this to his own son? It was such a pity that a beautiful guy was this man's son.

 

When the poor boy realised his father's purpose, he immediately grabbed his father's hand while he was on the ground and looked up at him, tears were forming in his eyes.

"father, please,  don't do this, I won't eat much so you don't have another mouth to feed, please don't sell me" 

the poor boy pleaded his father, he was crying so hard , but his tears and pleadings seemed to have no affect on mr cha, cause he pushed his son to the ground again and pulled his hand out of his son's grab, harshly.

Now the boy was crying even harder, he didn't pleaded his father again, he just sat there on the ground like a lost child that had no where to go.

 

Taekwoon really pitted the boy, he looked so innocent sitting on the ground crying and hoping not to be sold.

"ok I'll take this boy"

 taekwoon finally said to mr cha, he had made up his mind,  he could never ever let that filthy man sell his son to e centers.

Then taekwoon looked at the boy as he spoke.

 "stand up and come with us"

The boy looked at taekwoon with tearful eyes, but obeyed his order by standing up, taekwoon then went to exit the house, he trusted minho to do rest of work.

 

 

 

When they all were out of house taekwoon told minho that he will pay mr cha's debt and also he said that he would take care of the boy, So minho and the others went to go back to the palace while taekwoon took the boy to his own house.

 

At taekwoon's house the maids and other staff working in taekwoon's house were shocked to see the boy near taekwoon but none of them had enough courage to ask taekwoon about him and the reason why he was there .

 

After entering the house taekwoon went straight to his room while the boy was following him.

Once they were inside of taekwoon's room, the latter went toward his desk and sat on his chair while the boy was standing infront of him, not knowing what to do or where to sit if he was to sit.

"first tell me what's your name?"

"hakyeon...cha hakyeon" 

hakyeon said while looking down, and biting his lips nervously. 

"I want to give you a chance to work here in my house as a gaurd, you'll live in my house and also work here as one of my bodyguards, what do you think?" 

hakyeon's eyes widened but soon his expression changed from a shocked to a gleeful one.

"thank you so much sir, it's my pleasure to work here, thank you so much, I'll do my best" 

hakyeon was really happy hearing that, he thanked taekwoon countless times and bowed at him while doing so.

 

When hakyeon's father gave him to this scary man, hakyeon thought he was going to work to death as a slave or maybe he would become a e. But when taekwoon told him that none of them was going to happen, hakyeon felt safe again and  his thoughts about taekwoon changed completely,  taekwoon was such a kind man and hakyeon thought of him as his life saver. That wasn't hakyeon's thought, taekwoon actually saved hakyeon's life.

So after that day hakyeon started working and taekwoon went back to his own life.

 

The next time when they met eachother was the next day at the backyard of house, taekwoon went there to feed the cat that was always there waiting for taekwoon to come and feed him, taekwoon would go there every day and feed it.

 

But that day when taekwoon went there he saw hakyeon was already there playing with the cat, the latter looked so adorable like that, taekwoon watched him in silence for a bit untill hakyeon noticed his presence and smiled at him, he asked what he was doing there and taekwoon told him that he was here to feed the cat, hakyeon seemed to like the idea of feeding the cat so taekwoon let him do it, they fed it togheter while smiling and chatting a bit.

 

After that day hakyeon and taekwoon met eachother every day at backyard of house, they used the excuse of feeding the cat for going there and meeting eachother, they both told themselves that it was just for feeding the cat, not that they wanted to meet eachother.

 

While they were at the backyard they would sometimes play with the cat or just watch it lying on the ground and sometimes they would talk to each other about themselves and what they did during the day.

 

Taekwoon learnt that hakyeon was a really kind person who loved animals, he had such a kind and caring personality ,unlike his father who abandoned his own son.

 

Day by day, the feeling taekwoon had for this kind boy was growing stronger, taekwoon wondered how Mr cha could hurt such an angel like hakyeon, he deserved none of those cruel things that happened to him. 

 

Hakyeon never  really talked about his father and taekwoon thought maybe it was hard for hakyeon to talk about it, so he never asked either.

 

Despite their meetings in backyard, they never talked to each other inside of the house, however It wasn't like that they saw each other , taekwoon was always at his room and he barely left it, so there was barely a chance that they could meet.

 

One day when taekwoon was coming back to his house, he heard some one screaming and yelling, he followed the voice and found out it was from the practice field  near the building , he arrived there and saw min joo, his personal bodyguard who also trained the new ones, scolding a boy who was sitting on ground with his head down.

 

Taekwoon recognized him as hakyeon, taekwoon realised Min joo was scolding him for not being able to fight properly, hakyeon said he was sorry and he'll do better but min joo was still angry at him.

 

Then min joo grabbed a lash from a table  then he raised it and a second later it was in contact with hakyeon's skin on his back, hakyeon flinched a bit and he groaned at the pain but didn't went away, he just sat there accepting the pain.

 

At that moment taekwoon walked to them and minjoo noticed taekwoon and bowed at him.

 

"it's enough minjoo , hakyeon, get up and follow me "    taekwoon told and then started walking without waiting for any response.

 

Taekwoon was angry, he didn't know why,  he felt really angry and pissed off when he saw that scene, it wasn't something abnormal, minjoo didn't do anything wrong,  he was just teaching hakyeon and punishment was a part of teaching, so he couldn't be angry at him, but the fact that hakyeon was hurt made him feel uneasy.

 

He told hakyeon to follow him and then he walked to his room cause he wanted to take care of hakyeon's injury. he was sure that there would be a bleeding wound on hakyeon's back from the whip's hit.

 

They arrived at his room and then taekwoon went to bring some bandage and other stuff that were needed, hakyeon stood there in the middle of room waiting for taekwoon to come back. when taekwoon grabbed what he needed, he returned to the room and told hakyeon to sit on his bed so that he can take care of his injury.Hakyeon hesitated but taekwoon ressured him it was fine so he accepted taekwoon's help, and went to sit, taekwoon told him to take off his clothing so that he can take care of injuries, and hakyeon obeyed. 

 

When taekwoon saw hakyeon's bare skin he was really shocked to see the amount of bruises on his skin. His whole body was covered in bruises, some were huge like the one on his chest and some were small like the ones on his arms, Taekwoon wondered why he was so hurt like this.

"hakyeon ah, why do you have so many bruises?" Taekwoon asked. 

" I feel pain stroger than others, I mean I get injured or bruised easily, but that's fine I can take it" Hakyeon answered.

Taekwoon didn't believe him actually,  how can he be fine with a hurt body like this? Then taekwoon put his hand on one of the bruised areas on hakyeon's back and pushed at it a bit, Hakyeon groaned and flinched at the action.

" see, it hurts but you say you're fine, you're not fine when you're hurt like this"

Taekwoon saw hakyeon throw his head down.

" that's why my father threw me out of his house, I can't fight,  I'm so weak and I get hurt like this from a small hit, he said I'm useless, but I don't want to be like this, I'll endure all of it and learn how to fight, I don't want to disappoint you like my father "

Taekwoon remembers how mr cha called hakyeon useless, he clenched his hands into fist at that memory, hakyeon was so innocent, he was so kind to everyone, It didn't matter if he couldn't fight.

Hakyeon endured all of those injuries and bruises cause he thought he was useless if he couldn't fight, Hakyeon never minded getting hurt cause he didn't want taekwoon to become disappointed with him.

 

But taekwoon didn't mind if hakyeon wasn't able to fight, Hakyeon was already perfect, he was kind, caring and warm hearted, Hakyeon didn't need to learn fighting to be perfect, he already had every thing, he was perfect. 

" you'll stop working there from now on"

"b-but I said I can endure it"

" and I already said you don't have to endure it, you're already perfect hakyeon, you don't need to learn fighting,  you're father is so stupid for calling you useless,  he's blind if he can't see all the kindness you have, you're the most warm hearted person I've ever met, so it doesn't matter if you can't fight "

 

 

__________________

 

 

Hakyeon stopped working at the guard since taekwoon forbade him from working there,  he gave hakyeon a new position in his house,  the latter was working as taekwoon's personal servant.

 

It took a few days for taekwoon to find a suitable job for hakyeon,  he thought about working in kitchen or the cleaning part, but they weren't suitable for hakyeon, and also taekwoon couldn't trust them for not hurting this innocent boy, he wanted to find a job for hakyeon that didn't make the latter hurt like before, a safe job, but all of those jobs were unsafe, what if hakyeon did something wrong and they punished him? No,  taekwoon wouldn't let that happen,  hakyeon deserved to be treated like an angel, so taekwoon decided to take care of hakyeon himself,  he made hakyeon his own servant,  so that no one could hurt him.

 

Hakyeon was taken back when taekwoon told him about his new job, taekwoon didn't have a servant before and it was a bit surprising that he suddenly needed a servant,  but hakyeon wasn't against being his servant, he actually liked it too, working as taekwoon's personal servant meant that hakyeon was able to spend his whole time with taekwoon,  expet the times when the latter was  at work,  and that was what hakyeon wanted,  so he accepted it gladly. 

 

Taekwoon was the one that saved hakyeon from his abusive father, he was the one who made him feel safe, so hakyeon adored him a lot, at first what hakyeon felt for taekwoon was a simple admiration and respect,  but by time passing hakyeon found himself feeling something more for taekwoon, something more than a simple admiration,  hakyeon enjoyed all the time he spent with taekwoon,  he was looking forward the time when they met at the backyard all the day, he wanted to spend his whole day with taekwoon,  when the latter was tired hakyeon wanted to go and massage his tired body untill all the tiredness left his body, he wanted to make taekwoon feel happy and he was willing to do everything for that. 

 

Hakyeon was in love with taekwoon completely,  he was sure about it, but what was the point in loving taekwoon when hakyeon was just a slave to taekwoon?  there was no way taekwoon would return his feelings,  he had a high position as a headman of king's guard but hakyeon was just a slave, so hakyeon decided to never talk about his feelings.

 

Working as taekwoon's servant was completely different from hakyeon's previous job, working as a gaurd meant hurt and crying,  but working as servant meant happiness. 

 

From the day hakyeon started his job he is the first one who taekwoon sees every morning when he openes his eyes, it is rather good to wake up with a soft voice calling him  every day instead of  his annoying alarm, also seeing hakyeon's pretty face every day makes taekwoon get the energy he needs for day's activities. 

 

Seeing hakyeon's pretty face again when he comes back from work makes all the tiredness, taekwoon feels from work, leave.

 

All in all having hakyeon by his side is indeed good.

 

Taekwoon started to enjoy his life, his boring life which involved only working,  changed to an interesting one which involved smiling more often and happiness. 

 

Taekwoon wondered what caused all of this changes, why was he smiling more? Cause it made hakyeon smile too, why was he waking up with a good feeling every day?  Cause there was hakyeon calling him with a soft voice, hakyeon was the reason which he enjoyed everything even work, cause he knew he was going to see hakyeon after it.

 

Hakyeon,  he was the of sudden change in taekwoon's life.

 

It took just a moment for taekwoon to found out that he was in love with his servant,  he thought about the reason of the changes in his life and immediately hakyeon came in his mind, then he thought about his feelings for hakyeon, he was sure what he felt for hakyeon was pure love, the way he wanted to protect hakyeon left no space for hesitate. 

 

Taekwoon wanted to know what hakyeon felt about him, he wanted to know that whether his feelings were one-sided or not.

 

Taekwoon was writing some remained letters from work when he heard hakyeon calling him, he removed his gaze from papers and looked at hakyeon,  the latter was standing infront of his desk.

"what is it?"

"it's time for sleep, you can't stay the night for work, it's unhealthy"  

Taekwoon smiled at his cuteness,  it was good to know that hakyeon cared for him, he stood up from his chair and walked to where hakyeon was standing.

"here, you change your clothes"  taekwoon looked at the clothes hakyeon was handing him, then he returned his gaze on hakyeon without grabbing the clothes, he took a step toward hakyeon so there was no space between them, hakyeon was taken back at the action, then taekwoon put his hands on hakyeon's shoulders and  pulled him closer, then put his lips on hakyeon's. 

 

Hakyeon didn't moved at all, he was just standing there with wide eyes till taekwoon broke the contact between their lips, the latter looked at hakyeon's eyes then he tore his gaze from hakyeon and looked at ground. 

"I-...you know, since the day you stepped inside my house, my life has changed completely,  I was wondering why I changed a lot, I found out the reason was was you, the fact that I'm in love with you"

Hakyeon couldn't believe his ears, he looked at taekwoon with teary eyes, tears were forming in his eyes but they were from happiness,  hakyeon felt like the happiest person in world, he couldn't ask for more, his life was perfect and complete with taekwoon.