Bobby/B.I/Minho - When You Just Couldn't Wait

When Life Happens

Minho gets the good news he's been waiting weeks for, and shares it with the two people who will understand best.


 

The door to the training room opened suddenly and it drew Hanbin's attention, annoyed expression in place when he saw who it was.

It wasn't that he was unhappy about the newcomer's presence – it was just the timing of the visit. They were in the middle of dance practice (of course it didn't help matters that both Bobby and Chanwoo were continually off beat, and it was making Hanbin more irritated by the second) so what the was so important that it couldn't wait for later?

He levelled an irritated gaze on the intruder, not at all pleased when it was returned with a trademark goofy smile. Ugh, Hanbin thought to himself, he's in one of those moods, great. He reached out to pause the music, letting silence fill the room before speaking.

“Can I help you with something?”

Their guest, Winner's Song Minho, shook his head, grin splitting his face in half like a fool.

That only irritated Hanbin even more. “What do you want then? Make it quick, we're kinda busy.”

“Just here to share some news when you have a minute,” Minho said in what Hanbin considered to be an overly-happy voice, and Minho took the question as a cue to hop away from the bench he'd just sunk onto, sliding onto the floor and sprawling next to Hanbin.

Quickly weighing the pros and cons of varying courses of action in his head, Hanbin worked out that it would probably be less of an intrusion if he indulged Minho now, instead of letting him sit in the room and distract the others. Namely Bobby, who would probably lose all focus and instead make faces at Minho. Hanbin was likely to explode if he had to witness that.

“Fine,” Hanbin ground out through clenched teeth, “everyone take five while I humour this idiot.” Right away they were joined on the floor by Bobby, also wearing a stupid grin as he hugged Minho. Hanbin rolled his eyes and shook his head (willingly ignoring the fact that nine times out of ten, he'd be right there with Bobby, cuddling up to Minho) and instead looked out at the others.

“Chanwoo, make sure you drink some water,” he yelled out, not wanting to risk their maknae collapsing later on. He finally relented after that and focused his gaze on the pair next to him, unable to find anything else to distract his attention.

Without waiting for the question to be asked, Minho was answering it. “He finally said yes!” He shared his giddy expression equally between Hanbin and Bobby, one of whom looked excited, while the other looked confused and irritated.

“Who?” Hanbin asked, annoyed that Bobby seemed to know what Minho was talking about.

“Yang sajangnim,” Minho answered, shooting Hanbin a slightly annoyed expression. “He agreed to let me do the show!”

“What show?” Hanbin asked, shaking his head again. What the hell was Minho going on about? “Some of us have better things to do than keep tabs on your potential media schedule.”

Minho shook his head and sighed, while Bobby laughed out loud at Hanbin's clueless question. “Show Me The Money,” Minho answered, as if it were the dumbest question Hanbin had ever asked.

And it kind of was, now that he thought about it. Immediately Hanbin's expression brightened in excitement and he shot Minho a double thumbs up. “I'm an idiot; I can't believe I didn't think of that!” When Minho and Bobby laughed at him, Hanbin joined them, leaning forward to press himself against Minho's chest briefly in a congratulatory hug. “I'm happy for you, hyung.” He really was, because Minho had been waiting for a few weeks to get approval from the CEO, after having his request initially refused.

“Thanks Hanbin-ah,” Minho replied, reaching out and affectionately laying a hand on Hanbin's head.

“Who's judging this season?” Bobby asked from his place on the floor next to Minho, lying on his stomach with his hands both resting on Minho's thigh.

“Aside from YG, San's E back again, working with Verbal Jint. Jay Park's on for AOMG with Loco. But I'm not interested in any of those teams,” Minho said with a grin, “because Jiho hyung's on the fourth.”

With that news both Bobby and Hanbin erupted in laughter, Hanbin's former irritation all but dissolved in the face of Minho's happiness, coupled with Bobby's amusement. Maybe the break in training was a good thing after all. He could feel his previously dwindling patience with his teammates resetting itself.

“Ooh, hyung's gonna be working with his favourite hyung,” Bobby teased, squeezing Minho's leg again.

“If he even gets that far,” Hanbin interjected, “and if they actually accept him on their team.” he teased, grinning when Minho frowned at him.

“Don't even joke about that! Imagine how devastating it would be,” Minho stated, shaking his head, “you're gonna give me nightmares.” The three shared another laugh before Hanbin clapped a hand on Minho's shoulder.

“Alright well, thank you for sharing your exciting news, but we should probably get back to practice,” he stated, wondering if they were being watched on a monitor somewhere in the higher levels of the building. He liked to think they'd be spared a few minutes to celebrate the news, though.

“Yeah, sorry for interrupting, but I needed to share my excitement and well, I thought you two would understand best,” Minho admitted with a shy smile. “I know the guys will be happy for me, but, you know, you two have a better understanding.”

Bobby grinned and nodded, getting to his feet and offering his hands down to pull Minho up. “Hyung, you will destroy that show, trust me.”

Hanbin nodded his agreement. “Honestly, regardless of whoever else comes out to compete, you'll get to the final.” Hanbin wasn't just saying it to be polite- he knew Minho's strengths, and they were well suited to a program like Show Me The Money.

Minho let Bobby pull him up as he listened to their praise, pleased to hear them. When he was finally up and standing he slung an arm around Bobby's shoulders and smiled down at Hanbin. “Thanks, guys. It's always nice to have the support of your hoobaes.” He laughed when Bobby punched him in the side and he could feel Hanbin's glare without having to see it.

“Get out of my training room!” Hanbin yelled at him, mock anger in his voice. He smiled as he watched Bobby violently Minho to the door, in good spirits now after their chat.

Minho waved to the others before turning back to look at Hanbin from the door. “Let's meet up later to properly celebrate, alright? You guys can give me all your tips over some barbeque?”

Hanbin nodded, grinning excitedly. It had been a while since he, Bobby, and Minho had hung out as a trio, and now that they'd made plans to do just that, Hanbin felt himself grow a little giddy with excitement.

“It's a date; now get lost!” Bobby yelled as he shoved Minho out of the room. “How long do you think he'll last before evil editing gets him?” Bobby asked Hanbin with a smirk.

Hanbin just glared at him. “Get back in line and pay attention to your timing, it was sloppy earlier.”