Bobby/B.I/Jinhwan - When We Gazed At Stars

When Life Happens

The night sky is dark but clear enough to make out stars and constellations. Hanbin is on his back, hands behind his head, trying (in vain) to see whatever the hell Jinhwan says he’s seeing. The Northern Cross? Hanbin has never been one to care for constellations.

"So, it's a rectangle?"

"No, it's a cross. Hence the name—Northern Cross?"

"I don't see a cross up there."

"Can't you see those four super bright stars?"

"Kinda," Hanbin says as he squints, "and they're forming a rectangle."

"No, it's the cross." Jinhwan is silent for a moment longer before he adds another comment. "By the way, you're thinking of a trapezoid, not a rectangle." He turns his head, glances beside him at Hanbin.

Hanbin refuses to turn his head, refuses to give Jinhwan the satisfaction of being right. Instead he focuses his vision once more on the stars. It still looks nothing like a cross to him.

"What are you losers doing?" They’re interrupted by the arrival of Bobby, who’s been out for the day at a solo photoshoot.

"Stargazing," Jinhwan answers, his gaze shifting momentarily from the sky to Bobby.

"Well," Bobby grins as he looks down at the pair on the ground, "you don't have to look much further, because I'm here now." His comment is met with twinned groans from his friends.

Hanbin finally tears his eyes away from the stars and turns his head to meet Jinhwan's gaze. "Should we throw him off the roof?"

Jinhwan is silent for a moment as he gives the question some serious thought. "It's tempting, but I don't know if we have building insurance for that. Maybe we can just find something to gag him with so we won't have to put up with his out of control ego anymore."

"My ego is not out of control, thank you," Bobby does his best to try and look offended, “I can't help it if everyone wants a piece of me these days. I did win Show Me The Money, you know. I have obligations, contractual obligations as the winner!”

Jinhwan rolls his eyes before teasing back. “You may be the winner of that show, but to us, you're just a wiener.” Hanbin laughs and Bobby pouts, but Jinhwan moves a little to make room for Bobby to lie down in between them. As soon as he does Hanbin cuddles closer to Bobby and Jinhwan does the same, and then their eyes are all back up on the stars.

“So what were you looking at anyway?” Bobby asks, and Jinhwan points out the Northern Cross to Bobby.

“That’s not a cross,” Bobby replies, “false advertising.”

“Right?” Hanbin replies, glad to have Bobby’s agreement.

“But you can make a cross out of them!” Jinhwan replies in a huff.

“If you say so,” Bobby says, “all I see is a rectangle, though.”

Hanbin squeals in laughter and Jinhwan throws his hands up, defeated. Bobby just grins and hugs them both closer.