Tae:“It’s okay I couldn’t sleep anyway.”+ “There is enough room for both of us.”

Drabbles

You shifted uncomfortably beneath the sheets, your body seeming more restless than usual as you rolled around, tangling yourself further and letting out an exasperated sigh as you finally laid on your back with your arms and legs spread wide, half of your body dangling off the sofa. The boys dorm was particularly hot that night, the sun long gone and leaving the sweltering heat to linger.

The sound of someone shuffling quietly  from down the hall made you perk up and you could faintly see the dark silhouette of one of the guys disappear into the attached kitchenette, a small light filtering slightly through the door along with the soft sound of glass clinking and then the tap being low. No doubt who ever it was they were trying to be quiet for your sake. Untangling the sheet from around your knee you slipped off the couch and headed into the kitchen.

Tae, bare chest and wearing thin boxer-like shorts, turned just as you entered with the glass of water upturned against his lips. He jumped slightly, water dribbling down his chin as he coughed, no doubt inhaling some of the contents.

“Did I wake you up? I’m sorry.” he said and you shook your head at him. “I couldn’t sleep anyway, it’s too hot.” you commented and he nodded his head in agreement, eyes looking past you to the wall behind you as he became lost in thought. 

“I have an idea, come with me.” he said as he placed his now empty glass in the sink before lightly taking you by the wrist and dragging you along behind him. He stopped in front of the storage closet, pulling the string to the light bulb before rummaging through it and pulling out a small desk fan. “This should help.” he said and you followed him to his room, watching as he set it up directly across from his twin mattress. “There, problem solved.” he said with a satisfied grin.

“Well that fixes your problem…” you muttered only to hear his slight giggle before he climbed into his bed and patted the spot next to him as the fan began to blow it’s gentle and cooling breeze. “Come on, there’s room for both of us.” he said and you gladly snuggled up close to Tae.