Chapter 2

The Nightmare

5 MONTHS LATER

Jung Kook has noticed that you were always skipping school these days when the mid-year test is just around the corner. He was worried and tried to call you but you didn't pick up. He went to your house but no one opened the door. He can just hope that you are not hurt or anything. After school, he decided to go to a convenience store near the school to buy some snacks. "Welcome, customer", the worker said. The voice sounded really familiar to him so he went to the worker and was really shocked to see who it was. You. "Yah, what are you doing here? Why did you not go to school these days?", he asked. You feel really dizzy and tired at that time. You can just look at Jung Kook. "Yah, are you okay? You look really-", you fainted before he finished his sentences. Jung Kook who was really startled brought you to the hospital. The doctor said that it was because of dehydration, not enought rest and too much stress. He explained that she only needs some rest and she will be fine. Jung Kook wonder what makes you get too much stress or is she overworking herself. 

You woke up and felt something touching your hand. You turned your head and saw Jung Kook sleeping on the side of your bed. Surprised from your flinching, he woke up. "Sol Bi-ya, are you okay? Does your head hurt?" he asked. You just shook your head. "The doctor said you fainted because of stress. What's wrong?", he asked with a worried face. You let out a little sigh. "I was finding money to pay my brother's tuition fee. I work in a cafe in the morning and at the store in the evening and night. I think I overworked and that is one of the reason why I was often absent from school.", you replied. 

The next day, Jung Kook visited you and said he wanted to help you by letting you work on his mom's restaurant which he works there too to help his mom. The pay is quite high so you can work there only. It makes your worries dissappear. You thanked Jung Kook and both of you went for a walk together.

Since it  was your first day and his mother will be there, you wanted to make a good first impression. You dressed as neat as possible and rode a bus to the restaurant as it is quite far. "Hello", you greeted other worker and saw a woman. That must be his mom, you said to yourself. Jung Kook came behind you and grabbed your wrist. "Mom, this is my friend that I was talking about. Her name is Sol Bi", he said. His mom turned and froze. It's her. "O-oh, y-yeah nice t-to meet you. Your uniform i-is i the locker", his mom forced a smile. You said thank you and went to the locker to change. 

The next day, Jung Kook said that his father is coming. For some reason, you are really nervous as if like you are meeting your father-in-law. On 1 p.m., his father came. You were asked to take his order. You are sure it is your first time watching him but his face feels so familiar. No, that does not make sense. How can he kill people? He is so nice. He doesn't even know me. You said to yourself and walked to his table. Why is this girl's face so familiar. Maybe I met her when i was volunteering at a school, Jung Kook's father said to himself. His mother who was watching all of this became really nervous if his husband found out. At first, she did not want you to work there but after Jung Kook told her your story, she felt pity and decided to let her work there. She didn't know that letting her work there was a mistake.