Chapter 3

The Nightmare

It has been 2 weeks since you worked there and your time for school became stable too. You were still at school when you got a call from your brother. "Hello, is this Miss Eun Sol Bi?", the voice said. "Yes, I am. What's wrong?", you replied. You dashed to the hospital without telling the teachers. You ignored Jung Kook who was surprised to see you ran from the class with a very pale face like something bad happened. He chased you off. 

"Excuse me, where is Kang Yul ? I'm his sister", you asked the nurse while panting and sweating. "He is currently in the surgery room on the 5th floor. You can wait there if you want. At the same time, Jung Kook came while holding your shoulder. "What's wrong? Why did you came to this hospital? Is someone hurt?", he asked. You suddenly bursed into tears. Jung Kook who was surprised to see you suddenly cry calmed you down as he brought you to your brother's surgery room. There was a girl sitting there. " I suddenly got a call just now from my brother's handphone. It was the nurse. They said.. they said.. he got into and accident while on his way home..", you said while crying. Jung Kook who was really shocked to hear that hugged you and comforted you. 30 minutes later, the doctor came out of the surgery room. You tried to read his face but he kept on a poker face. "Miss, I'm very sorry to tell you this but your brother did not survive because of brain hemorrhage and blood loss. I'm sorry.", the doctor said while keeping his poker face on. You burst into tears as soon as you heard what came out of the doctor's mouth. Jung Kook who was there tried to calm you down by hugging you and held your hand but didn't work. 

It was night time. You was at your broher's funeral. Many people came to send their condolencse to you. Jung Kook was by your side all the time. When you cried, he would hug you and pat your back. You felt really thankful towards him for always being by your side all the time. 

It was already midnight when everyone leaved. "I'll give you a ride home.", he said while looking at you with his lovely eyes. "It's okay, I can take the bus", you replied. "Sol Bi, how can you go back home alone in this condition. I can't let you be alone, hm? What if someone kidnapped you bcause you are too pretty?", he said while pinching your nose. You laughed a bit. Thank you for making me laugh, Jeon Jung Kook.

JUNG KOOK'S POV

I was by her side all day. She would sometimes cry when her relatives came. I would console her and hugged her. When everyone left, I offered her a ride but she rejected. I made a joke and pinched her nose, she chuckled and smiled at me. If only you know that I have a crush on you since I first met you, Sol Bi-ya. I smiled back at her and gave her a ride home.

END OF JUNG KOOK'S POV

He gave you a ride back home. You were silent all the time. "We're here", he said to you. You went out of the car. "Are you okay?", he asked out of worry. You just gave him a little smile and went inside. You peeked at the window and saw Jung Kook's care drove off. You let out a deep sigh. You went inside your brother's room and looked at all the picture of you and him on his desk. You smiled. You saw an album under his bed. You took it out and opened it. You suddenly cried. The album was for you that he planned to give you on your birthday next week. You flipped through the pages and saw all the pictures with you and him since both of you were small till now. The recent picture was taken last week when you bought him ice cream. You smiled again remembering all your moments with him. On the last page, there was a handwritten letter from him to you. You opened the enveloped and read the letter.

Noona, it's really awkward to write a letter like this to you but I can't say it to you either so I decided to write this letter instead. Noona, I know it is hard for you to pay my tuition fee. You seemed really tired and down when you came back home. You even ended up in the hospital because of me. I'm really sorry noona. I didn't know this before but now that I know, I hope you don't overwork yourself because of me. I even started a a part-time job at a cafe nearby so you don't have to worry. I know that tall and handsome hyung always take care of you hehe. Noona, take a good rest, I love you my noona <3. 

Your little brother, Kang Yul. 

You cried a lot that night. You didn't know your brother was this matured, it seem like yesterday when he asked you to change his shirt. He's the only family you have left. Now that he's gone too, you are alone. You really hoped that this day was just a dream and your brother is still at his school studying hard. You hugged that album while crying. 

It was 10 in the morning but you didn't bother to go to school. You were late anyways. You cried again today remembering your brother. You got off your bed and took a quick shower. You went downstairs and made breakfast. You remembered how you and your brother always argue just because of food. He always wanted pancaked but you were too lazy to make it and gave him cereals instead. He would shout and you and you would ran across the whole house. You didn't expect it to be a happy memory. You quickly finished your breakfast and went upstairs to sleep.  

ONE WEEK LATER

You herad your doorbell rang. You didn't came to school for one week straight. Jung Kook kept calling you the whole week but you would either reject it or ignore it. You went downstairs and opened the door. "Eh? Jung Kook? What are you doing here?", you aksed. "Sheesh, ignoring my call, didn't came to school for the whole week. You think I wouldn't be worried? I came here to drag you out of your house. You should go outside, get some fresh air, not be trapped in this house and cry.", he said while looking at your swollen eyes. "Hurry, go shower and get dressed. I have a surprise for you.", he said while pushing you to the bathroom.

You got dressed and saw Jung Kook sitting on the couch at the living room. "Oh? You're done? Let's go", he said while holding your wrist. "Where are we going?", you asked while fastening your seatbelt. "Secret", he replied. After a 10 minute drive, the car stopped. "Yah, we're here. Let's go.", he said and unfastened his seatbelt. That is when you looked around from inside the car and saw a big signboard that says 'THEME PARK'. You shouted out of excitement. It has been a while since you went to a theme park. "Happy Birthday", Jung Kook said while handing you a box. "Wow, how did you know today is my birthday?", you asked. "You told me in class, you don't remember?", he said. You just laughed and opened the box and saw a really pretty ring. You wore it on your ring finger. "Couple ring", he said while showing his ring that had the same design. "What? We're not even a couple", you said while still looking at the ring and admire its prettiness. "But we can be one right now", he said while looking at you.