Chapter 8

The Nightmare

You were relieved that all your problems were solved. Yet you felt uneasy during your time at Jungkook's house. He didn't told his parents that you were staying at  their house but still you're afraid his father would find you eventhough he said that his father never comes home but it still made you uncomfortable so you were always on your guard. His father was released from the prison after 10 months rotting there. You still kept the USB safe and sound. Jungkook once why you kept the USB in such a hidden place and you lied saying that it has your brother's pictures in it and he believed that. 

"Sol Bi, tonight my parents are coming for dinner. Do you want to join?"

Very shocked, you choked on the water that you're drinking. 

"What? Tonight?

"Yes. Why?"

"U-um, I forgot I have something to do tonight", you said while forcing a laugh which sounded very fake. Fortunately he didn't realize that.

"Oh really? No can do then"

You're actually fine staying for dinner but you just can't show your face in front of the CEO as you know he's the type to hold grudges so the chance that he will tore your head apart is really high. When night time comes, you immediately went out of his house. You said you need to do some research on your assignment as an excuse to tell Jungkook. You just wandered around the park, walking on the side road, you tried to do some excercise at the park to kill some time. You sat on the swing and suddenly a thought came into your mind. I can't stay at his place forever. I need to be more independent, you tought to yourself. Knowing that it's still early, you decided to walk around the line of shops to see if they are hiring. Suddenly you saw a poster from a restaurant that says they are hiring. You quickly went inside the restaurant and met the owner. After talking with him, he allows you to work there. You thanked the owner and left after bowing to him. After about 2 hours later, you called Jungkook to make sure his parents left the house then you walked to his place. 

"Jungkook-ah, come here"

"Why? Is something wrong?"

You smiled before replying.

"I decided to rent my own room, or house. I know I can't stay at your house forever."

He frowned before replying. 

"But why? Can't you just stay here?"

"Aigoo, it's not like we can't see each other again. You remember we are schoolmates right? And I'll come visit you often."

"Really? Okay!", he said while laughing. 

You rented a house and worked hard while working. Today was school day. You lazily prepared yourself and went out of you house. Jungkook was waiting in front of your house. After you moved, he always walked with you to school. Well not like he didn't use to, but you know. 

You heard that a new student will transfer today. You even heard that he/she will be your classmate. Rumour says that she is very pretty but you didn't care much.

"Class, please welcome our new friend, Kang Hye Ji".

As she entered the class, all the boys clapped and whistled. Fortunately Jungkook who was seating beside you didn't even looked at her. 

"Oh? Jungkook?" 

Jungkook immediately looked up to look at the new student who was calling his name. He was very surprised to see her. 

"Do you know her?"

"Yeah"

During recess, Hye Ji went to Jungkook's table. 

"Hi, long time no see"

"I know"

You noticed Jungkook was smiling the whole time and jealousy started to emerge. She said she wanted to hang out with you guys so you just agreed. 

After school ended, you and Jungkook walked back home together.

"How did you know her?"

He didn't say anything.

"Promise me don't be mad."

"I'll see"

"Well, we used to be bestfriends but then we started dating in middle school. But her parents moved to another country so we didn't see each other since then."

"Oh, okay then"

"You're not mad?"

"Why would I? It's not like you're still dating her right?". He just smiled hearing your answer. 

The whole week was like torture for you. Hye Ji was always near Jungkook. First Minji, now Hyeji.., you thought to yourself. One day you didn't see Jungkook waiting for you to walk with him to school. You checked your text messages and saw a message from Jungkook.

Babe sorry I can't make it today. Hyeji asked me to help her with her homework. Sorry again, bye xx.

-Jungkook

You wanted to hang out with Jungkook but he said Hyeji asked him to accompany her to the mall. What the heck, he can't even make time for me?

The next day you asked Jungkook to meet up to say something. You arrived at the park 10 minutes earlier than the said time. You waited for Jungkook. He was 15 minutes late, then you saw a familiar figure.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry, I just came back from Hyeji's house."

"Why did you go there?"

"Oh he invited me to eat lunch with her family"

"And kept me waiting here for 15 minutes? If you're busy then why didn't you just say so? No need to keep me waiting thinking something happened to you", you said with an annoying expession.

"What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? I don't know, what's wrong with you? You keep hanging around her and didn't even make time for me. You know? We only met twice this week. And what was your excuse? Hyeji, Hyeji, Hyeji." you said while half shouting.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Didn't I told you we were just friends? Why are you being so childish? Please be mature for god's sake."

You were really hurt by his words. He never was like this before he met with Hyeji again. 

"You know what, if you're going to be like this, then lets just break up. I can't handle seeing my own boyfriend spending more time with his friend than his own girlfriend."

"If that's what you want then fine."

You were quite surprised to hear that. He didn't even stop you or said something. You cried and looked at him for the last time. "I knew this relationship will not work from the start" you whispered and left.

Jungkook was with Hyeji the whole day at school but Jungkook seem to be a little bit out of it. 

"Yah, what's wrong? Is something bothering you?" 

"I broke up with her"

"What? Why?"

"I don't know, she said I never spend time with her after I met you. I thought I was a little harsh at her and I felt really guilty. I still love her, I don't know why I did something so bad that day."

Hyeji who saw Jungkook being sad broke her heart. She never thought of Jungkook more than just a friend. She really wanted to leave both of you alone but something was stopping her. She hugged Jungkook to calm him down. You who was witnessing that broke into tears. The sight of both of them just broke your heart into pieces. It was really hard for you to overcome the break up but he just make it worse. You tried not to make a sound but eventually sobbed and was heard by Jungkook. Realizing Jungkook noticed you, you quickly ran away.