Chapter 5

The Nightmare

It has been 2 months and you still don't have any clues about the killer. But you decided to focus on your study for now as the test are tomorrow. Today, you made a last minute plan with Jung Kook to study at the library after the class ended. You walked to the library while holding your books in your hand. As you are walking, you saw a man wearing all black clothes and a cap to cover his face kind of staring at you as if you did something wrong. You take a good look at his face. Then you remembered something.

5 YEARS AGO

After the killer went out of your house, you tried to catch him but saw his car drove off. But you realized that the killer did not drove the car. It was a bald man, you looked at that man's face. He smirked at you before the car dissapeared. 

You thanked your memory for still remembering it. You hurriedly walked towards the man to ask him about the case. Not many people come to the library on the highest floor, so it was really quiet and nobody was there. The students usually went to the library on the lowest floor, so they don't need to climb the stairs. You asked Jung Kook to go there on purpose so that you will study calmly with the quiet atmosphere. You approached the man. You look at his face but he suddenly gave you a note with something written on it. You read the note, it was an address. "What is this?", you asked the man. "Come here on Saturday at 12 p.m. sharp. Come on time if you don't want to get killed.", he replied. His voice was really deep. As a woman, you know you should be afraid but these things didn't scare you. You wanted to ask something but the library door opened and you saw Jung Kook. "What are you doing?", he asked. You looked back in front of you and saw the man dissappeared. "What? Oh nothing, I was picking up something", you replied. During the study time, you coudn't focus at all. You were thinking about that man and how is he related to the killer. Jung Kook realized it but didn't want to ask since it would make you uncomfortable.

After a week answering all the tests, you finally feel relieved. You really want to do well on this test as it will affect the final year examination. Today was Saturday. The day you needed to meet the man. You got ready and brought along a knife in case things get dangerous. Jung Kook asked you to hang out with him but you said you had things to do. You read the address and it walked there.

After arriving, you saw the abandoned building that was half-built. You look at your watch, 12 p.m. sharp. You walked into the building. It was really dark so you couldn't see too well. But there was an area that has a light on it. You saw that man you saw that day standing and looked at you but there was another man. He was facing back and looking at his built, you know it was the killer. You walked towards them. "Ah, finally we meet again", the man said. "No wonder you looked familiar that day", he said. You looked at him with a confused look. Have we met after that day? You said to yourself. "I am Jung Kook's father. The CEO at JeonCompany. Hearing that, your mouth was wide open, your legs became week and you collapsed on the floor. "Surprised, huh? Well I asked you to meet me here today to ask you something.", he said. "What is it?", you asked with an angry face. "Transfer to another school. I have a feeling that my son will tell you my secrets if you're always with him.", he said. You stood up. "But he is your son, don't you trust him?", you replied while looking at him. "Who said he is my son? His mom had him with her ex-husband. I married her just because I wanted money and the company. Nothing else. But of course I wouldn't tell them or not she will divorce with me and that would make me lose the company.", he said. "You rotten jerk, I thought you really love them but you just wanted money?", you said while looking at him. "You know how I made this company succesful? I did something illegal. And my son knows about it. That's why I don't want you to hang out with him. In case you eport to the police. But of course they will not believe you unless you have evidence. And all that evidence was destroyed long long years ago", he said while laughing. "Now you, young lady, need to transfer to another school this week. Do as I say, or not.. the boy that you love so much will be killed.", he laughed while laughing like a maniac. "Now go away, If I see your face again, you could be killed too.", he said while pushing your head. "You disgusting human being", you spat at his face before walking away and went out of the building.

It was near night time when you went out of there. You walked at the dark alley but suddenly someone pushed you. You looked up and saw a bunch of girl wearing caps and masks to cover their face. "Who are you?", you asked. They didn't reply, instead they kicked you in the stomach. You coughed and tried to bear the pain. They continously kicked you in the stomach, your legs, punched your face and just ran away after they are satisfied. Your face, legs and arms were covered in blood and bruises. You tried to stay strong, stood up and walked to your house. Unfortunately, Jung Kook was waiting for you in front of your door. Ergh, why did he have to wait here, I can't let him see me in this state. You said to yourself. You didn't have another way, so you just decided to deal confront him. You walked closer to your house and Jung Kook looked at you. "Yah, why is your body covered in blood? Why are there so many bruises?", he asked while touching your arms. "Oh, I just fell down while walking", you lied. "Sol Bi, you fell down and have THIS many bruises? Don't lie to me please?", he asked while holding your hands. "I-I, I d-don't know, I was just walking down the alley then a b-bunch of girls starts pushing me and kicking me..", you said while your voice getting quieter. "WHAT?! WHO DARE DO THIS TO MY BABY. I WILL FIND YOU!", he said while screaming. You laughed looking at his action. "It's okay, I'm fine. It doesn't hurt at all", you said while touching the bruises but you let out a little scream. "See, it hurts. I think even I can't endure this", he replied. You just looked down on the ground. "But diesn't girls usually cry when they are hurt? Why don't you? I never saw you crying except the day your brother died.", he said. You just smiled at him. "I am not like other girls. I'm strong", you replied. He suddenly hugged you. "Aigoo, our baby is very strong, enduring all the pain", he said while patting your back. "Let's go in, I will put some ointment on the bruises.", he replied while holding your hand. You just nodded and went inside with him. 

This is just he beginning. Just you wait. I will make him hate you.