JunHyung’s Dance Competition + Acceptance

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19! Yay! :)

Words Used:

ajusshi-addressing an older man chukahae-congratulations hwaiting-fighting! Mianhae[yo]-Sorry -sshi-Added behind a person's name for formality and politeness Komawo-Thank you -a[h]-Added behind a person’s name to address someone younger than you Appa-Dad Aboji-Father/Dad Noona-Older Sister [Guy]; Girl older than guy friend Hajiman-But jebal-please jjang-Korean slang for 'best' Ani[o]-No; It's not like that Ne-Yes;Yeah Jeongmal[lo]-Really[?] Annyong[haseyo]-Hi/Bye Oppa-Older Brother [Girl]; Guy that is older than girl friend; Boyfriend Pabo-Idiot; dummy
_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 19

           

             Today is JunHyung’s dance competition. SoHyun thought about it the whole night and decided to persuade JunHyung’s father to go watch his dance competition with her. She wants his father to accept JunHyung also. SoHyun is walking to JunHyung’s family’s hospital to try and talk to JunHyung’s father. SoHyun told the girls bits about what is going on but not as much because she’s not the type of person that talks about other people’s family business without their permission. The girls agreed with her decision to try and persuade JunHyung’s father.

             When SoHyun is outside of JunHyung’s father’s office, she sighs and nervously knocks on the door. JunHyung’s father said, “Come in.” SoHyun walked in and said after bowing, “Annyonghaseyo, Park SoHyun-imnida.” JunHyung’s father looks up from the computer and said, “Park SungJoon’s daughter?” SoHyun replied, “Ne.” JunHyung’s father questioned, “What brings you here?” SoHyun said bluntly holding out the ticket and bowed, “Please come to JunHyung oppa’s dance competition!” JunHyung’s father replied, “Don’t be ridiculous. Even though you are SungJoon’s daughter, I’m not fond of people intruding into our family matter.” SoHyun pleaded, “Jebal ajusshi. I know it is not my business hajiman oppa and I just reconciled our friendship I don’t want to see him leave. It would mean a lot to oppa if you came to see him dance. He is really talented. Even if you refuse to let him decide his path, at least see him dance before your final decision. See the passion he has for dancing.” JunHyung’s dad didn’t say anything. So Hyun said bowing, “Jebal! Please reconsider! His competition starts at 7:00pm at CheonDae’s theater. I really hope you can come. I will keep this hope within my heart until the very end.” SoHyun then said after JunHyung’s father didn’t reply, “Annyonghigaseyo ajusshi! I will see you later.” With that SoHyun bowed and left.

              After SoHyun left, JunHyung’s father sighed and gazed at the ticket. As he is thinking, the words JunHyung said is replaying on his mind: “AND I AM YOUR SON! YOU NEVER EVEN CARE ABOUT ME OR NOONA! ALL YOU DO IS CONTROL OUR LIFE AND TELL US WHAT TO DO WHAT YOU WANT FOR YOUR IMAGE AND REPUTATION! I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOUR WISHES AND GIVE AWAY MY DREAMS FOR YOUR PRIDE!” He then looked at the family photo on his desk. JunHyung’s father sighed as he thought back to the one time he and JunHyung were really close.

[Flashback]

              The young JunHyung beamed as he ran toward his father, “Appa!” His father just came home from work. His father said smiling, “Jun-ah. Look at what I got you!” He held out the latest toy JunHyung wanted. JunHyung beamed, “Appa jjang! Saranghae!” JunHyung’s father smiled.

[Flashback Ends]

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter