Hoshi

Tainted (Rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonyoung was a few months old when he entered the orphanage. He was left at the doorstep with just a piece of paper saying his name and birthday. 

The orphanage is a terrible place to live. The headmaster is abusive and does not let the children to attend school. Instead he has the children working in a  factory for machinery parts to make him money.  

The local authorities have not stop the child labor or moved the children because "They do not have a future worth saving."

"Get up, brats! You all got a heavy workload today. I expect to see all of you at the factory in twenty minutes" The old man slammed the door as the boys started waking up and getting dressed.

About five minutes later all the boys except Soonyoung and a little boy hadn't left yet. "We need to hurry, Samuel." he says while tying the younger's shoes

The two dash for the workshop.

"Is the child coming in today?"

Soonyoung stops when he hears the words from the headmaster's mouth. It seems to be a private phone call. His tone during the conversation is odd. He's usually thrilled at the thought of new children because he's sadistic; it seems like he was almost forced to take is kid.

Curiosity got the best of Soonyoung and he decided to eavesdrop. Samuel is already long gone.

"This child better not cause any trouble here. I'm not going to lighten my discipline because his father was tainted. In fact, that little half breed may need to be taught a good lesson on the first day so that he understands his place around here."

Tainted? Half breed? These words perplex Soonyoung as he begins to sneak to the workshop. 

"Where were you? We were terrified when Samuel arrived alone." A tall boy Soonyoung's age, Junhong, exclaimed as soon as they saw him.

"We thought you was receiving punishment." added a slightly younger boy, Jungkook.

"I just overheard the strangest phone conversation from headmaster." Soonyoung began packaging the products as he retold everything he heard.

"That is kind of weird. He didn't want this kid? He's usually ecstatic about more free labor and spirits to crush." Minwoo, the unofficial leader of the boys inquired.

"What does tainted mean?" 

Yugyeom sighed, "I don't know, Samuel, but I don't like the sound of it."

"We'll talk about this later. We need to get all this done before he comes in and gets angry." 

The boys put aside the the topic and began working more efficiently.

Each boy had their own specific job. Jungkook, Yugyeom, and Junhong assembled the parts while Soonyoung and Minwoo packaged them. Samuel was too young and was still learning how to assemble the parts so he just taped the packages. Near the end of the day Jungkook, Yugyeom, and Junhong would help the others finish packaging and taping.

It was nearing the end of the day when the headmaster entered the workshop. "How many have you brats built today?"

Soonyoung spoke. "176."

"176? 176! You ought to have 200 by now." 

Our daily quota is 150. Soonyoug sassed in his head.

"But-" Jungkook was silenced when a hand struck his mouth. 

Minwoo instinctively pulled Jungkook behind him. Soonyoung does the same with Samuel.

"None of you are leaving here until there is 200. I don't care if it takes you until sunrise. None of you are eating or sleeping until there is 200." The room rattles as he slams the door shut and storms off.

"Come on guys the sooner we start again the soon we can make 200." Yugyeom sighs.

The boys finish around 10 at night. They split a few cups of Ramen for dinner before heading to bed.

Soonyoung expected a usual tiring day when headmaster makes an announcement in the morning.

"Wake up brats You have someone new to join you!"

Soonyoung opened his eyes and groggily sat up. He saw Headmaster Lee and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter