Jun

Tainted (Rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Master Junhui, it's time for your piano lessons."

Jun frantically closed his sketchbook. "Do I have to?"

Mrs. Kim gave him a look of sympathy before turning to leave. "If you come now I'll make your favorite for dinner?" She bargained with him.

Junhui sighed before standing up. "Alright give me a moment to get dressed."

Junhui used to love to play the piano. He loved it until his parents discovered his talent in it and forced him to practice it to the point that he hated it.

To him it seems like all he does his practice the piano and study.

Junhui grumbled. 'I have to be a presentable boy for mom and dad's friends. Something they can brag about.'

He hid his sketchbook underneath clothes in the bottom of his drawer and walked outside to where their maid was waiting.

"Do you think I can go outside after lessons?"

Mrs. Kim sighed. "You've asked that everyday for three years, Master." Junhui frowned at hearing the word master. He found it uncomfortable to be referred to as "master" by someone he considered a grandmother figure. "You can go out into the garden."

"And for what? I'm not a child anymore. I can't keep entertained playing pretend anymore." He emphasized. "I want to go out and meet people. Make friends. Have any sort of social interaction honestly."

Mrs. Kim ruffled his hair. "I know it's hard, but we can't go against your parents' wishes. They only want what's best for you."

"I don't see how keeping me caged up is best." He sighed.

The older lady smiled at him. "Tell them how you feel. Maybe they'll listen." She checked her watch. "Come on we need to hurry before you're late.

Nearly two hours later the piano lesson was over. He bowed to his teacher.

"You've played exceptionally well today, Junhui." He praised.

Junhui thanked the piano instructor and watched him leave.

He headed towards his parents room and knocked on the door.

"His mother opened the door and hugged him. "Junhui, how was your lesson?"

Junhui gulped before he began. "It went fine. My teacher said that I played exceptionally well today." He was hoping to get in her good side do that she'd be easier to persuade. "Hey mom, do you think I can go outside?"

"Why yes, honey, you can stay out in the the garden until dinner."

"No, mom, I mean can I go outside the gates. Into the city."

His mother was appalled. "No! No, no, no!"

"Why not?" He argued. The outside world can't be that bad.

"Because there are filthy people out there. They are below us and dangerous. You should only interact with people of our class." His mother spoke with disgust in her tone.

"But-" He tried to defend.

"You will not be going outside. Do you hear me?"

He remained silent.

"Do you hear me, Junhui?"

"Yes." Junhui resigned. He headed up to his room and slammed the door. He knew he would get reprimanded for that later, but he didn't care.

He took out his sketchbook and looked through his drawings. For the past year he has been having dreams of this group of boys. He has no idea who they are, but he feels like he's known them forever.

Maybe that's the reason he's so determined to go outside the mansion. Or the fact he's so sick of being sheltered.

" Master Junhui," Mrs. Kim knocked on his door.

He hid the sketchbook under his blanket. "Come in."

She entered. "I shouldn't have told you to talk to her. Now, you're in trouble."

Junhui brushed off her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter