Wonwoo

Tainted (Rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo loved reading. Something about the thought of escaping reality was appealing to him.

Maybe that's why he spent the majority of his time reading in his grandfather's library.

But no matter how much he wanted to escape reality, he wasn't dumb. He wasn't oblivious. He knew exactly what was going on with the tainted ones.

He believed that they weren't as evil as the government claimed. The true evil people, in his opinion, where the people who wanted to take advantage of them and use them.

But, as Wonwoo's grandfather always told him that the world isn't black and white. There is no clear distinction between good and evil, just a massive gray area.

He never voiced his opinion though. Anyone caught disagreeing with the government over the tainted was convicted with treason. No one really knew what happened to these people after they were convicted. Maybe they were sent away. Maybe they were killed.

Recently Wonwoo had been thinking about the tainted more frequently. As he sat at a table, skimming through a random book he found, he began wandering about them. He believed they was innocent, but he couldn't risk telling anyone else his thoughts.

The other day Wonwoo heard on the news of the son of an extremely wealthy and influential businessman was tainted and was taken away to the institution. Wonwoo didn't know what will happen to the boy, but no amount of money would be able to save him.

"Wonwoo, your mother says it's time for you to head home for dinner."

His grandfather's voice startled him out of his trance. How long had he been sitting here, staring at the book? He realized he hadn't even been reading the book; he just absentmindedly flipped through the pages.

"Okay. Just let me gather my things before I go." Wonwoo put the book into his backpack and closed it.

"Is something on your mind, Wonwoo?"

Wonwoo gave his grandfather a small smile. He always could read Wonwoo like an open book.

"I'm just curious about something."

"Do tell." His grandfather encour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter