Seven

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jina doesn’t know how to react once she deleted her website. Singing was her getaway place; it was something that made her feel content, at peace and removed from her reality at Kyunghan. And now, somehow from her own doing, it was stripped away from her.

 

Jina then hears footsteps coming up to her room and immediately exits out of all widows on her laptops. The twins nor Miss Yoon never come up to her room, so there must be a reason.

 

The door opens, of course, with no knocking prior. Miss Yoon makes her way inside with a facial expression Jina can’t make out.

 

“You, young lady…,” Miss Yoon says before plopping on Jina’s bed. “You've been sneaking into the talent departments after school, haven't you?"

 

Jina is taken aback as she swore she would’ve never been caught. “How do you know that?”

 

"Does it matter? You are a student belonging to the Music Composition department, and that's the only place you need to be at after school. What were you thinking?!” Miss Yoon in her teeth, but Jina isn’t unfamiliar with Miss Yoon’s angry side. 

 

Jina’s mind can’t focus on who could’ve ratted her out. “I-I… it's just that attendance isn't required at all, and the talent departments are always so full and lively-”

 

“Oh, honey.” Miss Yoon makes her way towards Jina, who is slouched on her desk chair. “I know those talent departments may seem so attractive and entertaining.”

 

Jina feels slightly uncomfortable when Miss Yoon starts patting Jina’s back. Miss Yoon continues, now with a more stern voice, “But those are just for talented people. That is not you. You do not belong there. Do you hear me?”

 

“I hear you, Miss Yoon.” Jina bites her lip. Is she really getting a reality check from Miss Yoon now?

 

“Good. Those departments are where stars are born, like my daughters. You need to stay where you are, away from pestering the natural born idols. If anything, you’re going to keep a permanent spot as my assistant for as long as I run Kyunghan.”

 

Jina settles that this may be the reality of her future. There is no way that she is happy with it, but she had to learn the bad way that you can’t always get what you want. “Yes, m’am.”

 

“Good.” Miss Yoon heads towards the door and whirls around say, “And clean up this pig sty. When did you get so gross?”

 

Jina looks around, and is confused who she allowed her room to get this messy. She shrugs it off, says a faint “okay”, and watches as Miss Yoon closes the door.

 

Jina lets out a loud sigh and looks up blankly to her ceiling. In the matter of 24 hours, she has seen her crush desperately chase after her and she is confined to not do anything about it, has deleted her singing safe haven that she’s kept so close to her for so long, and has been reminded of her worthlessness as a singer and she can’t deny that. A rush of emotions flood through her, and Jina finds herself crying--which she never, ever does.

 

After her father passed away, Jina has created such a rock hard exterior that she herself prides in. She refused to cry, to never let anything affect her in the way her father’s death did. She promised herself that nothing could.

 

Guess she’s failing now.

 

As if on demand, Jina stands right up from her chair and immediately starts stuffing a change of clothes in her backpack. She hurriedly puts on her pair of sneakers and throws a fitted jacket on. She then dials Taemi’s phone number in the house phone.

 

“Hey, Taemi. Can we go downtown together? I need to get away. I need to get out of the headspace I have here in the house.”

 

“Are you okay, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter