One

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gold and green streamers are hung from the verona light poles, with a giant “Welcome Students!” banner draping from one end of the University Center’s building to the other end. A band is amplifying throughout the entire city; the sound of drums and tubas firing, and the noise is beyond distracting-but to Kyunghan School of Arts students, it's just a regular day.

 

It’s Freshman Orientation Day at Kyunghan School of Arts. Dancers, singers, and artists galore are committing four years to perhaps the liveliest, most colorful school in Korea. It’s where stars are made: the biggest and brightest icons in media are built here, and thus, it’s a place where everyone wants to be.

 

Jungkook bites into his apple as he watches a flock of the new freshmen coming in. The slobber of saliva almost pours out of his mouth, but he it up immediately. He looks up and is met with light giggles and flirty eyes.

 

“How cute”, one girl faintly says and shoots him a wink. Jungkook politely smiles, his eyes forming perfect crescents, and then he waves to the crowd.

 

“That’s a lot of people.” Jungkook says to his group of guys, who are sitting in a circle outside on the grass field. His eyes fixate to the crowds of incoming freshmen storming the courtyard, all eager and fascinated by their surrounding.

 

“Lots of talent”, Namjoon adds. Namjoon’s an aspiring rapper. Despite being in a school where rap is perhaps the most common talent, he’s been quite successful in his passion. He has an upcoming gig, a brief concert at a local bar.

 

“Lots of girls”, Hoseok bites his lip, eyeing the line of freshman ladies. Hoseok’s also a rapper, but he equally enjoys dancing. At Kyunghan, he’s considered a “double”: a double-talent student. Normally that would be too much on one's plate for any studentt, but fortunately along with a bunch more students here, passion easily triumphs workload.

 

Jungkook takes another bite of his apple, and spews out the piece right at Hoseok. The piece directly lays on his cheek, and it clings there by Jungkook’s saliva. Hoseok shrieks and whacks it off, “Who the–ya! What the hell, man.”

 

Jungkook cackles like a witch and ends up laying on the grass with his hands on his stomach, “That was so perfe-ah!”

 

Hoseok takes the piece of apple and aggressively shoves it in Jungkook’s mouth.

 

The two are laughing together, despite how gross the sight actually is. Interrupting their fun, Miss Yoon, Kyunghan's just darling of a Dean, yells from a few feet away, “What do you think you kids are doing!”

 

She then stomps her way towards them. Her 5-inch stilettos clacks! against the cemented walkways, and right when she enters the grass, the heels immediately sink and Miss Yoon immediately trips.

 

In almost milliseconds, she gets back up, and the freshmen giggle while pointing at her browned pencil skirt. She shuts them up by exclaiming, “I will get you ALL expelled, and you haven’t even started yet!” Miss Yoon picks up her stilettos and trudges to Jungkook and his friends.

 

“You all dare to act like fools in front of our upcoming freshmen?!” Miss Yoon screams at the boys.

 

Jungkook immediately has a flashback of her falling on her . The irony, he thinks. He doesn’t dare say it out loud, though. Miss Yoon has hated Jungkook ever since he refused to set her up on a date with his agency’s CEO. From then, he knew she was nuts.

 

“Sorry, Dean Yoon. We won’t do it again”, Namjoon speaks up for the group.

 

At the sound of his deep voice, Miss Yoon flashes a bright smile. “Oh, our Namjoon! It’s alright. Please don’t do it again.” She caresses him on his back, making the boy feel incredibly uncomfortable.

 

“But YOU,” Miss Yoon turns her attention to Jungkook, “YOU, do not cause any trouble for this school. You have done enough, already.”

 

Jungkook presses his lip; his academic record is spotless, and he is adored by all of his teachers. Though she is supposed to be the most respected superior on campus, he could literally care less about what comes out of Miss Yoon’s mouth.

 

“Understood,” the goody two shoes side of Jungkook is able to say.

 

Abruptly, a pair of twin girls with flashy pink and white blazers and mini skirts come their way, yelling what sounds like, “Mother, mother!” but in a gibberish, squealish tone.

 

Miss Yoon rolls her eyes, her teeth in the process. She hates the sound of “mother”; it made her feel old, she says.

 

“What, girls.” She says in a monotonous voice as the girls arrive to their mother's spot in the grass.

 

“Mother, we need go-carts to get around school. EunAe and I are literally dying and we’ve been here for 5 minutes. It’s impossible to walk around here with our cute shoes!” One of them says, and the words turn off the entire group of boys. Hoseok almost gave them a chance for their slim, long legs, but he has dated too many brats.

 

“That is just about the most spoiled thing I've ever heard in my life, you both need a kick in the-” She stops mid-sentence as she realizes she is in front of the boys. “We’ll talk about this later. Boys, have you met my wonderful daughters?”

 

“I’m EunAe," the girl cheers, then takes out her hand to shake. Before Namjoon could come in contact, she asks, “Did you sanitize yet? I don’t touch dirtied hands.”

 

Namjoon chuckles, as he could not fathom the sheer spunk of EunAe, “I have not, I apologize for that.”

 

EunAe goes down to the next boy beside Namjoon, but all of a sudden, the hot latte drops from the grip of her manicured hands and splatters all over the newly power-washed cement.

 

"Jeon Jungkook," EunAe whispers, and the boy focuses his attention to her with the sound of the spilled drink. "You're Jeon Jungkook! I am your biggest fan, holy - you are so hot in person!"

 

Jungkook gives a weak smile, the sides of his lips barely moving.

 

"Uh, thanks."

 

"I'm EunBi," the second girl quickly intrudes and steps in front of her sister, EunAe's figure barely visible now. "The cuter and smarter one! I'm an even bigger fan, you have the most heavenly voice; tell me, did it hurt? Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

 

Hoseok chokes while attempting to hold in a laugh. He quietly mutters to Jin on his side, "Haven't heard that one in a while."

 

EunAe does some barely audible scream from behind and steps to the side of EunBi, “I wasn’t done with introducing myself!”

 

EunBi fires back, “Well, your introduction was cut short.”

 

“You don’t have the power to do that! You know, you are so-!” This is the cue for EunAe and EunBi to get into a bickering altercation, which Miss Yoon has to break up.

 

“They are both singing talents.” Miss Yoon smiles to the boys. “You two, go up to my office, now.”

 

They both fix their brunette curls  and carefully place the pin back in their bangs. “Fine,” they say as they stomp their way towards the University Center.

 

While trotting back in their heels, EunBi twirls around and exclaims across the grass, "Call me!"

 

"No, call me!"

 

"Shut up, I have dibs on him!"

 

"Says who?!"

 

“I will see you all soon,” Miss Yoon tells the boys, “Stay out of trouble.”

 

She shoots a beady glare at Jungkook before stomping away, annoyed. As the boys watch her figure become smaller and smaller, Miss Yoon pulls out her phone and yells into the device, “I SAID NO CINNAMON, JINA!”

 

 

  Meanwhile, Jina answers back in her phone, “I-I’m sorry. They messed up the order! It says here, directly o
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter