Three

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jina is sitting back on her swivel chair, swiping away on her phone, feeling completely relaxed and carefree for the first time in 24 hours. She had finished all of her work Miss Yoon slammed on her these past few days, and now, she can be a normal Kyunghan student for the day.

 

Interrupting her peace, she hears several, boisterous knocks on her door. “JINA!”

 

She can make out that voice so easily, “Yes, Miss Yoon?”

 

Jina walks to her door, and opens it to see, unsurprisingly, her step-mother blowing on her newly polished nails.

 

“I need you to come with me to this meeting. Take notes for me. I can’t because,” She stops mid-sentence and shows off her new set of nails. “Follow me.”

 

“But it’s 12. It's my lunch break now. This is the only gap I have until the end of classes.” Jina shuffles around a few papers in the folder she's holding, one of them being a thick cut of paper each student was given during orientation. It's a flyer advertising Kyunghan's first grand event of the year: Kyunghan's Concert N' Costumes! 

 

Being an arts school, Kyunghan hosts several big events showcasing their students' talents. Sometimes it's a play, sometimes it's an opera, but this time, it's a concert paired with a costume contest. Jina had no idea why the faculty decided to pair it with being a dressed up event, but she knew it would be fun regardless.

 

Jina eyes it for the first time; she knew it was no form that Miss Yoon gave her, so she hadn't given it any attention before this.

 

“Oh, honey, you're not thinking about going to that right? I need you on the frontlines, accepting tickets, doing security checks, and all of that good stuff."

 

Jina sighs. Well, that was a great 30 seconds of enjoying the possibility of ever going. 

 

"Now, follow me,” Miss Yoon says with a stern voice, and Jina knows it better than anyone. It basically is cue for her to shut up immediately, or things are going to get very ugly. Jina hops on her feet and follows Miss Yoon out to the hallways. 

 

They both make their way to the room, and when she enters the room, she hears a familiar voice, “Hey! From Music History!”

 

Jina sees a tidy, freshly showered Jungkook (she can tell from the scent of cucumber and his wet hair) sitting at the end of the rectangular table with an older man to his side. The man was dressed in a crisp, black tuxedo with a golden plate adorning his left collar: Shin Youngmin, CEO of Big Hit Entertainment. Jina concludes from just that bit that this is agency Jungkook is signed to.

 

“You two know each other?” Miss Yoon asks, bewildered.

 

“We just sit next to each other in class.” Jina answers. “Assigned seats.”

 

“I see. And I hope you both stay that way.” Miss Yoon gives a devilish smirk, which Jungkook raises a brow at. He looks over to Jina sitting across from him, and Miss Yoon sees his gaze from the corner of her eyes.

 

"Nothing special to look at, dear," Miss Yoon says. "Would you like to see some photos of my two daughters? They are just the most gorgeous things to walk this planet! You know, I think it would be amazing to actually make a single featuring them. They are beautiful and talented!"

 

Jina holds in her breath, bringing her head down further into the notepad below her. 

 

Jungkook looks taken aback by the question, “What? No, no, I think-”

 

Jungkook’s representative interrupts the question, “I’m sorry, Miss Yoon. But let's go ahead and start discussing relevant matters. You know, the whole reason we called this meeting in the first place?"

 

Jungkook nudges the man’s leg, as if he’s saying “Thanks for saving me, bro!”. Jina shrinks in her seat, embarrassed from Miss Yoon.

 

“What’s your problem, big guy? Casually conversing is suddenly a crime now, geez.” Miss Yoon fires back, “But whatever, let’s get to it. So, what’s this for?”

 

The man starts, “Jungkook needs more time to train, as he is preparing for his debut. His school hours are interfering with that, and so we must come to a conclusion. I propose that he is removed from all campus courses, and he can earn his degree from here online.”

 

Jina jots that down on her notepad, which Jungkook keenly pays attention to.

 

“That is about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. Do you know what college looks like? You go to a school, you enter a physical classroom, you are face-to-face with other students and your professor. You understand?" Miss Yoon answers, and Jina wants to die in embarassment from Miss Yoon talking to Jungkook and the man like they're little kids.

 

"I understand, but with the commute of our training headquarters, it is impossible for Jungkook to get both his education from here and train for his much-anticipated debut. Wouldn't you want to see that one of your very own students was able to have a massive, successful debut? We are expecting great things from Jungkook, but we need him to train further. I'd appreciate it if we could negotiate further."

 

"Well then move your damn headquarters! Of course I want Jungkook to debut and carry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter