Eleven

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“An-and then I saw her… Haena singing my part of our song. It-it’s our song!” Jina succeeds in completing a full sentence out, between her hard sniffles and cascading tears.

 

Right after her heart entirely torn in the matter of 2 minutes by Jungkook and his partner-stealing ex-girlfriend, Jina immediately rushed to Taemi’s house after changing out from her clothes. She started sobbing on her run here, and her tears haven’t stopped falling ever since--if anything, it’s gotten heavier.

 

“Aw, sweetie.” Taemi tries to comfort her friend and hands her a cup of hot tea and a box of tissues. She uses her hand to wipe a tear off her cheek, “And you’re saying Jungkook purposely wanted you to see this?”

 

“I got a n-note. It was h-his handwriting.” Jina mumbles through her tears, then reaches in her coat pocket to take out the slip of paper.

 

Taemi takes it from her hand and reads it over and over, as if she thinks it can magically change in front of her eyes. But it was true--the slip said exactly what Jina said it would. “I can’t believe Jungkook would do this to you.”

 

“I can’t either…” Jina says before letting out a loud cry. “I liked him so much! I thought he could be different than from that popular-guy stereotype! But it turns out he’s the same--he’s the exact same! He made me look pathetic, all dressed to see him, just to get dumped in the most hurtful way possible.”

 

“I’ll let him know exactly what he’s missing out on.” Taemi mutters and sneaks the piece of paper in her pocket. “I’m so sorry.”

 

Jina’s cries amplify through her own ears, and she doesn’t fully hear what Taemi just said. But right now, all she is focused on is releasing her sadness, not listening or explaining anything.

 

That night, for the first time ever, Jina experienced heartbreak and did not even have a full minute of having dry eyes. That night, she swore herself she wouldn’t distract herself with a boy again.

 

That night, Jina lost all of her confidence and self-esteem, and gladly kissed any opportunity of publicly performing goodbye.

 

 

Despite the sunny morning and warm weather, Jina’s mood is completely dampened with her personal grief. She stayed over Taemi’s for the night, didn’t have a clean change of clothes (and refused to wear any of Taemi’s), and arrived to school in the messiest of buns and the dullest of faces.

 

Fortunately for her, she didn’t see Jungkook once throughout the school day. She purposely skipped music composition (which she had no care in missing), and went straight to Miss Yoon’s duties afterwards. She didn’t even once think about practicing after with Jungkook; all on her mind was school and her work--and that was it.

 

While Jina is off doing errands and purposely staying miles away from Jungkook, there is one girl in particular that is running around campus just to find Jungkook: Taemi. She had no luck finding him in the morning, but knew exactly when his lunch time was. She was determined to speak her mind, and speak on behalf of her best friend.

 

As Taemi is on her way walking towards the school cafeteria, her legs pick up speed when she keeps thinking about how hard she is going to verbally take down Jungkook. Her anger is at its absolute peak--partly because she couldn’t sleep past Jina’s cries last night, but mainly because he crushed her best friend.

 

As she nears closer to her destination, she sees someone walking in her direction that makes her anger tip beyond its maximum (if that was even possible).

 

“HAENA!”

 

Haena blows her polished french manicure and looks up to Taemi with a raised brow. “What do you want--a picture? An autograph?”

 

Taemi scoffs at the temerity of the stuck-up girl standing in front of her, “You listen to me clear--you lost. You lost to Jina, now accept it.”

 

Haena smirks, “Oh, honey. I have no idea what you’re talking about.””

 

“You know exactly what I’m talking about, Haena. You can’t stand not having your way, so now you go behind Jina’s back and steal h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter