Two

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

COMMENTS ON: I Can't (Original by Star)

3 minutes 23 seconds | 1:00 PM

 

ArmyMan

It's like your lyrics are talking to me. Especially the one where you say 'I can't eat well, I can't sleep, I can't live being without you'. I'm going something through my life right now where I just feel so overwhelmed by everything. Thank you for this piece. It really helped clear my mind for the day.

 

Star

I'm sorry to hear that, ArmyMan. Is everything alright? I hope that that whatever you are going through right now will pass over quickly. 

 

ArmyMan

It's just hard to have my own time, being alone to sing and doing what I love most. There's just so much going on, following orders from everyone. I need a break.

 

Star

It's important to have some time to yourself. Whether it be waking up a little bit earlier in the morning or staying up just for a few minutes at night, clear your mind. Sing your heart out! 

 

ArmyMan

I hope one day I'll be able to sing with you.

 

Star

Tell you what, at 9'oclock tonight, let's both sing Troye Sivan's Fools. It'll be like we are singing together.

 

ArmyMan

Let's do it!

 

 

Jina let out a groan as her 20 pound bookbag intensified the pain on her shoulders. She let out a light chuckle when she realized she was the exact definition of a college freshman: anxious and overprepared for no reason.

 

Jina hastily walks to class, for she was extremely scared of being late on the first day. She whizzed past dressed-up girls wearing high heels with designer bags slung over their shoulders; Jina understood the importance of making an impression on the first day of school, but she didn't follow it herself.

Jina's wearing her definition of casual clothes, fit for a day of such busy activities to pick up from Miss Yoon (but then again, everyday is busy for Jina). She looks down to her white low-top Converses, light blue jeans, and traveled upwards to her white T-shirt. She didn’t think it was a bad outfit, just not the best for first impressions.

 

When she arrives, Jina is taken aback by the crowd of female students who were already there. She was just assuming that they, too, were scared of being late.

 

“Taemi!” Jina calls out, and her friend whips her whole body 180 towards her way.

 

“Jiji! I'm so glad we have Music History together. Like what are the odds, you know?” Taemi asks once she was in front of Jina.

 

“Taemi, it's a 300 person class. We had very good odds of having the same period together," Jina responds and Taemi rolls her eyes. 

 

“Whatever. Well, if it was the Lord's work that we miraculously had the same class together, it's balanced out by the fact that our assigned seats are on opposite ends of the auditorium. ” Taemi pouts.

 

"Assigned seats?" Jina repeats. In a 300 seat class, assigned seats are a terrible idea. Jina makes a mental note to bring that up the next time she's invited to the next Department Head meeting.

 

"Yeah, there's a map on the bulletin board over there. Maybe you'll know who your seatmate is?" 

 

"Yeah, because I'm so popular and know everyone in the school."

 

"I mean, you basically know every student's address, phone number, and other personal info, so you got that right!" Taemi teases, but Jina actually chuckles because it's so true. Again, Jina definitely should not have access to all students' admissions information, but the University had to keep working even if Miss Yoon didn't.

 

“Im Jina….” Her voice trails as her finger moves to the right. “Jeon Jungkook.”

 

Once she muttered those words, the girls surrounding her gasp and the sound echos throughout the entire hallway. Jina could have even sworn she heard some of them starting to cry.

 

“Jiji!” Taemi taps her friend on the shoulder. “You are the luckiest girl on Earth! You’re sitting next to THE Jungkook!” The surrounding girls nod in agreeance, followed by shrieks and exclaims of “I wish I was you!” and “I hate you so much!”.

 

Jina is extremely puzzled, and it's written all over her face. Everyone was making such a big deal about the boy, while she had no clue who she was. She whispers into Taemi’s ear, “Who is he?”

 

Taemi’s eyed widen as she could’ve fathom how someone could NOT know Jeon Jungkook. Taemi's about to answer, but stops when she sees a familiar, black fringe peeking out from the crowd. She can tell that from the glossiness and color of the hair that it wasn’t just any ordinary student.

 

“That’s him”, Taemi replies, "he's a trainee at one of the most elite agencies in Korea; barely anyone in this school is already signed while they're still a student! He's super talented."

 

There he was, the man in his glory, the Jeon Jungkook walking down the hallway wearing a white tee and black jeans. His chestnut brown eyes glimmer in the sunlight, and his hair gracefully falls to the side when he whips his fringe out of his eyes. Like on cue, the girls immediately fall back, fanning themselves while they drop. Jina admits, he is cute. But instantly swooning after a boy is bit of a reach for her.

 

"Oh," Jina lets out. "Yeah, that's really impressive. He must be so overworked then."

 

"Don't you know a thing or two about being overworked?" Taemi teases.

 

"Just a little bit, barely," Jina jokes along with her.

 

Jina watches as Jungkook eyes the seating list, before entering the classroom doors. The rest of the class, or rather the whole bunch of girls, follow right after him. Jungkook takes his seat, further down a few levels, and Jina makes her way to the seat right of him.

 

“Hey, this is my seat. Yoon Jina. It's nice to meet you."

 

“Jeon Jungkook," he returned back and flashed her a grin. Jina took note that he looked more friendly when he smiled, more charismatic when he didn’t. "Nice to meet you too."

 

“What’s your major, Jungkook?”

 

“Uh…” Jungkook's just a bit taken aback; he was used to everyone knowing who he already was. It wasn't narcissm, but rather, just foreign that someone, especially a girl, didn't know of him already. “I am a double. Dance and singing. You, Jina?”

 

"Uh, music composition."

 

“Kyunghan has that?”

 

Jina didn’t know whether that was an insult or not. “Yes, definite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter