Five

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jina and Taemi dash through the double doors of the office and scramble their way to find the nearest bathroom. They push through the doors, and Taemi immediately empties her bag and tries to look for her pack of makeup remover wipes. The bright green packaging was definitely not difficult to miss, but for some reason, Taemi was having the hardest time looking for it.

 

Meanwhile, Jina completely undresses herself--and frankly, does not give a care that she’s half in front of her best friend--and hurriedly puts on her regular attire.

 

“Get it off, get it off!” Jina exclaims while Taemi is dragging multiple makeup wipes across Jina’s face. She’s putting all of her strength into getting the heavy, black paint off; with every wipe, there’s a bright red streak from Taemi’s harsh effort, but Jina couldn’t care less. She just wanted her normal face back.

 

“I think…. I think I got it all!” Taemi says, impressed with how she removed Jina’s entire face within a matter of minutes.

 

“Really?!” Jina twirls her face towards the mirror, sees that the black makeup is decently off, and hastily rinses her face with cold water. “Thanks, I couldn’t have done any of this without you. Gotta go now, but thank you for tonight!”

 

“No problem, Jiji. Text me when you get home!”

 

“I will. I had the greatest night, Taemi. Thank you,” Jina grins, before running right out of the bathroom and towards the office. Once she’s inside, the entire room of administrators concurrently sigh and Ms. Park speaks up, “Thank god you’re here! Now, go to that corner and look like you’re doing something!”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry!” Jina walks through the team of administrators and sits in her spot, pretending to look like she’s on task.

 

Jina looks up to the clock and sees that it just struck 12:01. Too close, she thinks to herself.

 

“How was it?” Another administrator besides her whispers to Jina.

 

“It was amazing.” Jina replies back in a hushed tone. “So amazing.”

 

“JINA!” At once, the door flies open and there shows Miss Yoon, dressed in a pink, plaid suit and with her poodle sitting in her bag. She scans the room, most likely to check that Jina is there and working, before walking over to grab her belongings.

 

As she’s preparing to walk out the room and head home, she says across the room, “Jina, why is your face so red?”

 

“Uhm….,” The girl hesitates to make up an excuse but starts coughing, “The dust from the papers made my face itch?”

 

“Is that so? Thank god I’ve never touched those! Go straight home when you’re done.”

 

“Got it.” Jina replies back and lets out the loudest sigh when she hears the door close behind Miss Yoon.

 

“That was SO close, Yoon Jina!” Ms. Park exclaims, and the rest of the administrators follow along. Jina takes it all in, understanding that she arrived with literally no seconds left to spare.

 

“I apologize. But thank you, I had the most amazing night.” Jina gives a subtle smile. She takes in the night’s events, can’t even believe what just happened, and starts finishing up what the team had done.

 

 

When Jina gets home, she immediately remembers to text Taemi what happened when she got back in the office. She scours through her bag, but not avail. I probably left it in Taemi’s house, she thinks to herself. She hadn’t used her phone the entire time at the dance, so there couldn’t be any way she lost it there--according to Jina.

 

Jina grabs the house phone and trots to her room. She dials Taemi’s phone number, and before there was even one ring, Taemi screams into the phone, “YOU FORGOT YOUR PHONE! YOU FORGOT IT!”

 

Jina takes the phone away from her ear, surprised at how sudden and loud her friend is. “Okay, yeah. Can you give it back to me tomorrow?”

 

“What? What are you talking about?”

 

“I forgot my phone at your house… correct?”

 

“No, NO! NO, JINA! You forgot your phone at the dance, and now JUNGKOOK HAS IT!”

 

“WHAT?!” Jina screams back in the phone, but remembers to hush her voice as her house is entirely asleep. “No way, how do you know?!”

 

“He posted it on social

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter