Ten

And Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, I’m going to have to cancel for watching the movie tomorrow. Miss Yoon needs me to help her get dressed for the faculty party tonight.” Jina says in the table of Jungkook and his friends.

 

“That sounds terrible!” Jimin exclaims. “Sorry you have to help her get in pantyhose. I’m praying for you.”

 

Jina chuckles, “Thanks, I’m going to need it.” She then turns to Jungkook, who’s sitting on her left. “You understand, right?”

 

Jungkook places his hand on her lap. “Of course I do. It just would've been so fun if you were able to come.”

 

Hoseok eyes Jungkook, then the rest of the guys (who are just as bewildered). Namjoon clears his throat before speaking on behalf of all of them, “So what are you guys?”

 

Jina chuckles, “This is my cue to leave. See you guys later.” She gives Jungkook a light pat on his shoulder before leaving the group of guys.

 

As they all watch Jina’s body diminish, Hoseok is first to speak, “Nice, Jungkook! She’s so your type.”

 

Namjoon adds in, “She’s perfect for you. Such breath of fresh air from every other stuck up, prissy girl that goes here.”

 

As if on command, Haena approaches the table of guys, her heels clacking louder than usual as her heel is thicker. “Yoo hoo, Jungkook!”

 

“Speaking of stuck up, prissy girls.” Jimin mutters underneath his breath and rolls his eyes. Once Haena comes closer to them, Jimin completely changes his attitude and fakely exclaims, “Haena! So nice to see you.”

 

“The pleasure is yours,” Haena gives a snobby smile and squeezes her way to sit next to Jungkook. Right when she sits down, there is a tense silence in the air, and the guys look more fearful than relaxed with their own friends.

 

“So boys, what are we speaking about?” Haena says, breaking the ice.

 

“We were saying how perfect Jina was for Jungkook,” Jimin nonchalantly says and all eyes dart on him immediately. Jungkook nudges him on the leg, as if he is saying ‘what the , bro!’.

 

“That girl from your Music Composition class?” Haena says through her teeth. She clenches her hands underneath the table, which Jungkook sees from the side of his eye. “Well, I'm so happy to hear you met your new girlfriend from assigned seats.”

 

“Well, not in that way,” Namjoon tries to clear his friend’s name. “They are actually preparing for the mixer together. They’re going to be a duet.”

 

Haena clenches her fists even tighter, if that was possible. This has now confirmed the fact that Jungkook knows Jina can sing well, that Jina revealed herself as Star. She makes a note to break the twins afterwards, as they clearly broke their side of the deal.

 

“So she can sing too, that's great news.” Haena lies, trying to mask her obvious anger. "Have you started practicing already? With her?"

 

“Yeah, we have. After school in the practice rooms." 

 

“In the practice rooms.” Haena repeats. "You two. Together. Doing a duet. That's wonderful."

 

Haena feels her anger rush to her cheeks and senses herself that she needs to leave the scene, for her own good. “Right. I’ll be on my way now.”

 

She says bye to only Jungkook and then leaves the table of boys, who are all looking as her hot pink heels walk away. Her heels are clacking even louder as she’s practically stomping through the campus’ concrete pavement.

 

“You too!” Haena yells out as she sees two familiar ditsy girls ambling away. The two twirl their heads around and both simultaneously say, “HAENA!”

 

“I need you to tell me…” Haena then harshly pulls on Eunae’s blazer, to which the girl wearing it screams in shock. “...why the Jungkook and Jina are together now.”

 

“What?!” EunAe says in fear. “We warned her not to tell that she’s Star. We threatened her and everything- she's going to ing pay! But we did what you told us to!”

 

"That was the plan, and we stuck to it.” EunBi replies in a firm tone. "We did our part."

 

“Well there’s a new plan. Which one of you guys are good at forging handwriting?”

 

 

“Can you bring this to my sister, Yoon Jina, in Music Theory in Room 1101 right now? It’s strict orders from my mother, Dean Yoon.” EunAe says to a random student passing by in the Student Center.

The student shakes their head, confused. "How about you go on your lazy and do it yourself?"

 

"Do it or you're getting ing expelled, dweeb." EunAe pulls up her phone, which has a picture of both her and her mother on it.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter