Chapter 8

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the day, the two didn't talk nor saw each other. They just stayed in their respective rooms, overwhelmed on what happened. They were both not in their mind sets, they felt like they were crushed.  Mingyu was thinking how he will make it up to Wonwoo but he has no idea how he will. He knows that he broke Wonwoo a lot and he doesn't know if he can fix what he caused. He sighed in frustration and will just expect what will happen. Wonwoo on the other hand didn't know what to do. He was tired of this set up and he always get hurts. He doesn't know if Mingyu will try to reach him out or will just leave him be. 

The next following days passed by quickly. Wonwoo managed to avoid Mingyu by waking up early, will help the maid and eat. He doesn't wait for Mingyu anymore nor pack his lunch. After he eats, he will go back to his room and wait for Mingyu to leave. At the evening, he will eat earlier than usual, so he doesn't have to see Mingyu. Mingyu on the other hand, misses the other's presence. He doesn't know why, but he does. He always expect that Wonwoo will still wait for him, but he will suddenly remember what he did. He knows that Wonwoo is avoiding him and he has the right to.

 

 

 

Wonwoo woke up by the sound of his phone. He looked at it and he realized it was Friday. He was happy that he will see Chan again. He got ready and went to the kitchen. He greeted the maid happily, which got the maid confused. 

"Good Morning Auntie!" Wonwoo exclaimed.

"O-oh good morning too, Wonwoo.. You seem happy today.." The maid pointed out.

"Ah yes, it's Friday today. I get to see Chan again!" Wonwoo informed the other, which got him a nod. Wonwoo prepared some food that he can bring. He decided to take Chan to the beach today. While he was preparing, he suddenly heard footsteps. He panicked that Mingyu will be in the same room as him. As soon as he realized that, a truck of realization hit him. Mingyu promised Chan that he will go with Wonwoo every Friday. Wonwoo paled and he just wanted the ground the swallow him. He was waken out of his thoughts when Mingyu started talking, it's been a while since they talked. 

"Wonwoo?" Mingyu called the other.

"Y-yes?" Wonwoo stuttered as he turned around to face Mingyu. When he saw Mingyu's face, he realized that Mingyu has bags under his eyes and got thinner. He clearly saw that the other was stressed. Even though he promised himself that he will stop being soft to Mingyu, but seeing him like that, he feels bad for him. 

"What time are you leaving? You can just come with me, so Uncle will just stay here" Mingyu invited the other. Wonwoo exploded inside, he was feeling something different. He was wondering why can't he stay mad at Mingyu. 

"Don't you have work? I can always tell Chan that you can't..." Wonwoo said.

"Oh no. I already told them that I can't go every Friday.. And besides I promised Chan. I don't want to break it." Mingyu said as he sighed. 

"O-ohh. Okay. And it's okay, I can just always commute" 

"Wonwoo.. Please" Mingyu pleaded the other. "Besides Chan will wonder why are we not together" Mingyu said smiling softly, which Wonwoo groaned inside. He knows that Mingyu will win this conversation.

"Fine. Let's leave after you eat." Wonwoo sighed. But inside, he was happy that Mingyu is finally showing what he is feeling. 

"Okay. Did you eat already?" Mingyu asked, for a moment Wonwoo thought that he was worried, but he remembered he is not.

"Yes, I ate before I started preparing the food I-- we will bring" Wonwoo was confused for a moment. "Well I'll start preparing now." Wonwoo said as he went to his bedroom. When Mingyu left, he was happy that Wonwoo is talking to him again. He followed what the other had just said. After he ate, he went upstairs to prepare. When he was done, he saw Wonwoo sitting on the couch.

"Ready?" Mingyu asked.

"Yes. Let's go" Wonwoo said as he stood up. 

When they were at the car, Wonwoo opened the back door, instead of the front door. Mingyu noticed this.

"Wonwoo why are you sitting there? Sit at the front. You're going to make me a driver" Mingyu joked. Wonwoo giggled at his joke, that made Mingyu's heart beat fast.

"Well you do look like one" Wonwoo joked back. Mingyu shot him a glare that m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter