Unbreak My Heart

I'll Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi looked around him, incredulous at everything that happened in the last few hours. He is standing in the middle of J-hope and V's living room with the overnight bag Namjoon threw at him while being dragged out the front door by J-hope. He was kicked out of his own apartment after attempting to break the bedroom door trying to see how Jin was doing. He feels like for hurting Jin and he swears to get down on his knees and beg for forgiveness if only his friends would let him see Jin. Everyone's angry and they took turns making sure he knows he acted like the worst scum on Earth. It was unnerving to see Namjoon and J-hope seething with anger and trying to hold their temper. Jungkook had charged after him and landed a punch to his face. No one tried to stop him and Yoongi didn't even try to avoid it because he knows he deserves a beating. The pain on his face is nothing compared to the pain in his heart and he knows Jin is suffering worse than he is.

"The guest room is ready."

"Thanks," Yoongi replied dejectedly. 

"We actually planned on letting you sleep outside on the pavement but Jin got distressed when he found out. He's still thinking about your well-being even after what you did to him," J-hope said accusingly.

"How is he?"

"Namjoon wants to bring him to the hospital for an x-ray just to be sure coz Jin is breathing painfully. You are so ed if it turns out to be serious."

Yoongi makes a dash for the door but J-hope was faster and blocked the doorway with his body. 

"Oh no, you don't! You are ordered to stay here and away from Jin. JK has permission to knock you out if you show your face," J-hope warned.

Yoongi ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "I can't just stay here and do nothing!"

"You've already done enough. You are staying here and away from Jin and that is final. Don't make me repeat myself," came a stern reply from J-hope. 

Yoongi looked at his friend and shivered at the cold stare J-hope is giving him. That stare is more dangerous than Jungkook's fist. His personality is a paradox of sunshiney smiles and barely concealed menace which makes for a very lethal combination. Yoongi knows it's time to shut up and back down. He doesn't know much about J-hope's past despite living together for years but he is sure J-hope is very much capable of decapitating him if he so chooses. No one dared ask why J-hope was in possession of the chloroform he used to stop V and he's sure it's on everyone's mind. He wonders what else his friend is hiding from them. The question should make him scared and wary of J-hope but deep inside, he knows he can trust J-hope with his life.

"At least update me. It's eating me alive knowing I caused this and possibly made Jin hate me forever. I can accept it if he hates me but I don't know what I'll do if Jin ends up scared and traumatized."

*******************************************************************************************

(Hours later)

Namjoon glanced at the rear-view mirror and checked on Jin who is sleeping peacefully with his head on Jungkook's shoulder. There is something up with Jungkook and he's worried at how it will affect them all. He used to joke about it to annoy Yoongi but now that this incident happened, he could see a wedge between Yoongi and Jungkook. There is also a chance that Jin will start avoiding Yoongi after the latter unintentionally hurt him and choose Jungkook's company instead. He can't really blame them if they've both fallen for Jin. It's easy to lose your heart to such a beautiful person in both appearance and character and Namjoon knows he has to guard his heart lest he ends up falling for Jin too (if he hasn't already). Well, if things get messy between Yoongi, Jin and Jungkook, he could always steal Jin away himself. He wouldn't mind getting lost in Jin's kisses and warm embrace and he'd be the luckiest person alive if it does happen.

Snap out of it Namjoon! Now is not the time to be thinking about that. And you're his doctor, for s sake be a little more professional.

He mentally berated himself for the direction his thoughts were turning. With a last glance at Jin, he turned his attention back to driving. 

They arrived back a few minutes later and they gently shook Jin awake. It tore their hearts when Jin's eyes flashed with panic before calming down when he saw their familiar faces. He and Jungkook exchanged a worried look as they helped Jin up to where the apartments are located. They've decided beforehand that someone should stay with Jin at all times and Namjoon is the first one up. He needs to monitor Jin's condition even though there was no serious effect from Yoongi pushing him. 

The smell of flower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter