V and his Hyungs pt.2

I'll Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An hour before reaching their destination, Namjoon pulled up in front of a fastfood restaurant for lunch. It wasn't part of the plan but both V and Yoongi chose not to say anything. They pretended not to notice the tight grip of Namjoon's hands on the steering wheel nor the way his voice shook as he mumbled something about being hungry. They exited the car and took their time stretching the muscles which have become stiff from sitting too long. V tried to lighten the mood by doing funny poses and dancing exagerratedly till he managed to wring a smile out of his hyungs. Truth be told, he should be the one feeling anxious of his impending admission to the psychiatric facility but the reality of his situation hasn't sunk in yet and it just seems like he's on a roadtrip with Yoongi and Namjoon. 

They kept the conversation light as they ate and V showed off all the selfies, scenic photos and stolen shots he took of them since they left this morning. Namjoon had to choke back a sob as he listened to V describe each photo and he would have broken down right there in the restaurant if Yoongi hadn't given him a gentle nudge and announced that it was time to hit the road again. 

It was the last stretch of the trip and all three men were lost in their own thoughts when they were suddenly jolted out of their reverie by the incessant dinging of their phones. Thinking that it was an emergency back home, Namjoon quickly stopped the car on the side of the road. They opened the group chat nervously only to find out that Jungkook was spamming them with photos of various Japanese dishes he's sharing with Jin for lunch. 

"Looks like they're getting along really well," V teased from the backseat after Jungkook shared a selfie he took with Jin.

"Don't you think they're sitting way too close to each other," Namjoon added jokingly.

"Do you want my fist to shut you up?"

Yoongi's mood grew darker by the second, especially after seeing a photo of Jungkook with his arm around Jin's shoulder. He tried to control his temper and reminded himself that he should be thankful the younger man was willing to take care of Jin while he's away. He would have asked J-hope but the club manager has his hands full with both Yoongi and V unable to help with the club operation that day. 

"Ooohh, Jungkook sure moves fast."

"Wow! Barely a day and he already has Jin out of his shirt."

"THE !!!"

Jungkook sent a photo of Jin with a stained shirt and the caption he added was "Oops" along with a winking emoticon. He followed it up with another selfie of his smirking face and Yoongi wanted to reach inside the screen and punch him.

Yoongi quickly dialed Jungkook's number and before he could even say anything, Jungkook was already talking. 

"Hyung, I'm busy! Gotta take Jin hyung's shirt off and help him wash up."

"You're dead meat, Jungkook. You totally did that on purpose!"

"Well hyung, a man's got to take all the chances he gets," Jungkook replied before ending the call with a laugh.

A growl escaped Yoongi's lips and his friends spent the next few mintues riling him up further with their teasing. 

"You are so whipped."

"V, make sure to take a photo of Yoongi's ugly, jealous face."

"Think Jungkook will be abe to resist those plump lips?"

"Probably making kissy kissy faces now."

 

The two promptly stopped when a water bottle hit their heads hard and Yoongi didn't stop till he delivered several hits on both men's heads. An angry Yoongi was not to be messed with.

"AWWWW DON'T KILL ME"

"HYUNG AWWW THAT HURTS"

 

It was quiet after that and Yoongi was starting to calm down till Jungkook delivered a bomb. 

The photo showed a topless Jin standing in the bathroom with his back to Jungkook. What made Yoongi's blood boil was the fact that Jin wasn't wearing his sweatpants and Jungkook had one hand resting on Jin's , just above the band of his boxers. The caption read, "Might as well take the pants off too" with another winking emoticon.

Yoongi's phone barely survived being hurtled out the car window.

"Jungkook is so dead."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(some references from Chapter 9)

The tension in the car grew thicker as they approached their destination. Namjoon gripped the steering wheel tightly and their faces turned grim as the large gated compound came into view.

 It’s too late to turn back now.

Men in security uniform approached their car and asked them to alight. They exchanged a loaded look and nodded at each other before stepping out.

"Kim Taehyung, please come forward."

Two male nurses lead him to white nondescript bungalow where he would begin the process of admission and voluntary check-in to the psychiatric facility. 

He looked back at his hyungs as he was being led away and Yoongi saw the look of panic rising in the younger's eyes. Namjoon saw it too and made a move towards V but Yoongi's restraining hand on his arm prevented him from taking another step. He didn't miss the glare that Namjoon sent his way. 

"It's alright, Tae. It's just paperwork and we'll all meet up inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter