It's Not Good to be Back

I'll Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoongi?”

The door opened and a figure stepped out of the bathroom. It was Namjoon and Jin couldn’t hide the disappointment that crossed his face.

“Hey, hey, why that face? Are you that sad to see me?”

Jin felt embarrassed and couldn't find the right words to answer the doctor without offending him. But Namjoon took it all in stride and offered a smile. 

"We arrived a few hours ago but we didn’t want to wake you up since Hobi said you had a rough day. Yoongi’s downstairs at the club. He has a lot of work to catch up on but I’m sure he’ll pop his head here later to check on you," Namjoon said reassuringly.

"Come on, let’s eat dinner. Yoongi bought out a whole restaurant just for you."

Jin giggled at the thought of Yoongi poured over the menu and stressing over what to buy before deciding to just get everything. His heart swelled with affection at how cute Yoongi is and he felt his mood lighten up.

"Do you think you can make it to the dining table? Your ankle is healed now so you need to move around more to keep your leg muscles from stiffening, nothing strenuous of course."

Namjoon helped him freshen up in the bathroom and hovered behind him as he made his way out the bedroom. He carefully lowered himself into the chair that Namjoon held out for him and once again Jin is reminded of how lucky he is to have ended up with such kind people around him. His ribs are still healing and it will take several weeks more before he completely recovers so Namjoon reminded him to take it easy. They ate while talking about random stuff and for a while, Jin's mind became occupied with their conversation. He wanted to ask about V but knew it wasn’t his place to ask such sensitive questions and will just have to wait till someone is ready to tell him.

After dinner, they settled in the living room and watched tv. Jin couldn't help glancing at the door from time to time even though he knew it was futile because the club operation was in full swing already. Namjoon was obviously tired so he kept insisting he was okay to be left alone but the doctor refused to leave. Jin thought Namjoon probably also needed company to distract himself from everything that happened in the last few days. A pang of guilt suddenly gripped him as he remembered how it was basically his fault why V was sent away. Soon, both of them were lost in their own thoughts while the tv blared in the background. 

It was almost midnight when a loud car horn from the street below broke their reverie. Namjoon ran a hand through his hair as he exhaled loudly and Jin's heart clenched at how broken and defeated the doctor looked. 

"Namjoon, I'm sorry. I really am. I wish I could bring things back the way they were before."

"Stop blaming yourself, Jin. It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault. We all have our own demons to deal with and V has to come to terms with his in order to get better. He was a ticking time bomb and if your presence didn't set him off then something or someone definitely will. It was only a matter of time. I'm just sorry you had to experience the brunt of it all and get hurt in the process."

Jin's hand drifted up to touch the healing bruises on his neck as he remembered what transpired that fateful day when he almost got choked to death. Surprisingly, the incident with V bothered him the least and he doesn't even feel scared of the man anymore. He had to remind himself that good people sometimes do bad things in order to protect their loved ones and V is the least of his worries. His body is marked with injuries and there are poeple out there still looking for him. Jin shudders at the thought o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter