two

Rainy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                               

 

****FLASHBACK****

“Lee Rie…..”Jiwon called. Rie don’t even waking up but when Jiwon shake her, she fall and unconscious. She had a fever too. Jiwon pick her up and bring her back to his home. It’s really breaking his heart to see Rie like that. Rie never told him who do this to her but he accidentally saw her father slap her at the school car park when there is no one around. That time Rie had a poor mark on her test.

“Did your father abuse you?” Jiwon asked one day and Rie a bit surprise.

“How did you know? I never told you before.”

“I saw he hit you at the school car park. And you lied to me that you fall in the toilet.” Rie look down and she don’t know what to say.

“So you know my biggest weakness now.”

“Your mother didn’t do anything? What about your grandfather?”

“My mother tries to protect me but he will hit her too. My grandfather won’t do anything because he don’t like me and my mother. That’s why I will run away.”

“Why you not make police report?” Rie smirk and laugh a bit.

“He will bury the fact and will bribe the higher position. Money can do anything. And no one will believe me and my mother the Director of Gong Shim group abuse his own daughter. My mother can’t do anything for my sake. If my mother say or do the wrong thing, he will hit me. No matter what we do I will get the hit. Unless I die…..” Rie said and smile like it mean nothing. It shock Jiwon at first but after know Rie for 2 years he know what she mean. Rie life like she walks on the thin ice. Wrong move she will drown or worse she will strangle her mother too because she hold the rope around her neck.

****END OF FLASHBACK****

Rie sleep on the sofa and Jiwon watch her silently. What a poor girl. Her body may look tiny and fragile but she has a strong heart and mind. If someone in her spot they may end up kills themselves already. So many times Jiwon saw Rie keep clenching her fist and smiles like it nothing to her. Even in her sleep Rie will clench her fist too like she ready for a war even in her dream.

Jiwon awake that morning and saw Rie already gone. He get ready for going to school. When he arrive at their class he saw Rie already sit at her desk while listen to the music. Jiwon take his sit in front of Rie.

“Good morning….”Jiwon said.

“You’d late today.”

“I stop by to buy this…..” Jiwon said and put the yummy sandwich on the table. Rie smiles because it’s her favorite.

“And this….” Jiwon said and put warm caramel macchiato next to sandwich.

“How did you know I skip my breakfast today?” Rie asked and take a sip of sweet caramel macchiato.

“You send a telepathy message….” Jiwon jokes and makes Rie smile again.

“Thank you and your lunch on me today.” Rie said and Jiwon nods. Since Jiwon know Rie situation, he want to do anything to bring smile to Rie.

When the ring bell, Rie get her book ready for the class and when their teacher walk into the class, the class president greet him and they follow. After they take a seat, someone walk into the class with bright smile on his face. Rie feels like her heart stop beating for a second.

“Greet everyone….” Mr. Choi said.

“Hello, my name is Kim Hanbin.” Rie can hear girls in their class all whispering the same things. How handsome he is. How good looking he is. But to Rie, she feel like the hell just open their door more wider. Her thin ice under her feet is cracking. Her ropes around her neck more tighten. Trouble is coming.

“You can seat at the empty chair.” Mr. Choi said and it just next to Jiwon. It’s a bit far because they all one table in one row but it’s still close for Rie. Rie sigh under her breath and pretend like it’s nothing.

The whole day Rie pretend not know Hanbin even though Hanbin keep looking behind him checking on Rie. She try her best not to make any eyes contact on him.

“Hanbin-ah, do you want to join us?” The other boys invited him to join them for lunch. Rie pull Jiwon shirt so he can move faster to the outside.

“Wae?” Jiwon asked.

“Nothing I just don’t like that new boy.” Rie said and they walk together to the canteen. Rie and Jiwon sit at the empty seat and then Hanbin join them.

“Can I sit here?” He asked and Jiwon like always nods and friendly smile at him. Rie bite her lips and don’t say anything except eating.

“Lee Rie it’s nice t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter