Ending

Rainy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                         

 

When 3 of them arrive at the Rie’s house they stare at the main door. Hanbin and Jiwon look at Rie and trying to guess what is she thinking about. Rie just looks straight at the house. It’s difficult for Jiwon to guess what in her mind. Rie don’t even show any emotion but when she look at him she flash a little smile. Rie take a step forward but then she stops. She turn look at Jiwon then to Hanbin.

“Can you wait for a while until Hanbin’s friend and Police coming?”Jiwon asked but Rie just smile at him.

“I will try to talk with him and try to pursue him to let my mom go first…… Hanbin-ah, can do a favor for me?” Rie said.

“Favor? What favor?” Hanbin asked.

“Keep this phone for me.”Rie said and put it on his hand,

“Wae?”

“There is something very important for me there.”Rie said and Jiwon just stay quiet. Rie trust Hanbin more than him.

“Ok…..”

“Stay safe and be careful.” Hanbin said and she just smile. Rie look at Jiwon and smile at him too.

“Shout and I will run to you.”Jiwon said.

“I know…. You always had my back….. I will come back to you.”Rie said and walk slowly toward her house. Right before she open the door, she take a look at Jiwon and Hanbin once again.

“Let’s finish this for once and for all.”Rie tell herself.

Rie stand in front of Mr. Lee and saw Mdm. Miura seat at the chair. Her face show that she fear, scared and worry. She cry while Mr. Lee smile. He totally lost his cool and Rie could see he is not in his right mind anymore. Rie could see the end of this road…. Death.

“Put the knife down…..You want me not Eomma.”Rie said in her calm voice. Rie surprise herself when she talked in calm and rational.

“Thank you for coming.”Mr. Lee said and Rie could see his hand is trembling, either it nervous or too much anger build up.

“I’m here……let Eomma go.”

“I’d hear you!”He shout.

“Ok, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry? Is that only you could say after all of this time you destroyed and tortured me?”

“What did I do, Appa? Did you forget what you already did to me and Eomma?”

“I did? What are you talking about?”

“Look what you already do to Eomma?”Rie look at Mdm. Miura and she try to make Mr. Lee have some sympathy toward Mdm. Miura. Mr. Lee looks at his ex-wife but he feels nothing. He thinks they deserve this.

“I do nothing wrong. You and she deserve this……”Mr. Lee said and still deny the truth in front of his eyes. He love Mdm. Miura and Rie but the pain he feel make him numb. Rie take a step closer and Mr. Lee become aware of her intention. He put the knife on Mdm. Miura throat.

“Stop walking…..”

“Ok…Ok…I won’t move….. Could you let Eomma go……”

“Stop telling me what to do!!!” He shout make Rie freeze and put her hands up. Rie could see a little blood on Mdm. Miura throat. The knife must be cut her skin a little.

“Ok…I won’t.”

“On your knees!!”Mr. Lee orders. Rie immediately follow his instruction. If she follow her heart, she already run toward him and kill him but because of Mdm. Miura, she has to be very careful. Wrong step she could drive Mr. Lee to hurt her more.

Mr. Lee walk toward Rie and put the knife on the table. When he stands in front of Rie, he kick her hard make Rie fall on the floor. He pulls her up and slap her a few time. Rie could taste blood in and she heard buzzing.

“STOP IT!!!!Please stop!” Mdm. Miura begs. Mr. Lee stop then he look at Mdm. Miura.

“Why I should stop? She deserved to die in my hand.”

“Why? The one that should die is you and me…..”Mdm. Miura said makes Mr. Lee more angry.

“Why I should die?!” Mr. Lee said and push Rie hard to the floor. He walk toward Mdm. Miura but Rie hold on his legs. He looks down and kicks her once again.

“Lee Rie killed Lee Ren!!! She should dead not Ren, my son.”Mr. Lee said makes Rie close her eyes in anguish. Hearing it make her heart feels more heavier. Is death is the only way to make Mr. Lee forgive her? Rie stand up and walk toward Mr. Lee. Scared, there is nothing left anymore. She feels numb already.

“What are you doing?!”Mr. Lee said and holds Rie hand. Rie looks at him with her angry eyes.

“I let Eomma go.”Rie said and cut the rope around Mdm. Miura using Mr. Lee knife. Mr. Lee run toward Rie. Everything become blurry and fast, suddenly Rie just swing the knife to defend herself and Mdm. Miura. Rie cut Mr. Lee arms and it only making him more angry.

“!!! You’re not my daughter!! You do not belong to me!” He blunt out making Rie confused. Mdm. Miura looks lost too.

“If I’m not your daughter…..then who am I?” Rie hold the knife more tighten. She looks at Mdm. Miura then to Mr. Lee.

“You belong to another man…….”Mr. Lee said. There is nothing could make Rie feel more shocked anymore. She just laughs out loud like Mr. Lee just telling her a funny story. Mdm. Miura feel scared when she saw this side of Rie. She laugh but her tears fall too.

“Rie…..” Mdm. Miura called and Rie look at her. She looks so broken.

“Now I know why you so angry and don’t even care if I hurt or sick. It totally makes sense now. So now you want to kills me? I think you should kill me sooner before I feel so hopeless right now.”Rie said but Mr. Lee just walks toward her. Mdm. Miura run toward them and suddenly Rie just feel something hard push into her abdomen. Rie look at Mr. Lee and she just smile.

“Finally….You did it.”Rie said and look at her bloody shirt. Mr. Lee take a step back then Mdm. Miura cried out loud.

Jiwon and Hanbin heard Mdm. Miura cried so both of them run toward their home. They shocked when they see knife stuck on Rie’s abdomen.

“Don’t move!!!” Mr. Lee said and he begin to panic. He pull the knife out from Rie’s abdomen and put the knife on . Rie cough blood.

“Ok….Ok…”Jiwon said. He so panic and scared as he see Rie’s shirt soak with her own blood. Her face also looks a bit pale and weak. Rie hold on her tummy as she trying to stop the blood and the pain.

“Move from the door….”Mr. Lee said and when both of them away from the door, Mr. Lee drag Rie to go out with him. Rie take a good look at Jiwon, Hanbin then to Mdm. Miura. She could see this is the end. She smile and nod at Jiwon.

“Rie…..”Jiwon called. Mr. Lee stop when Rie stop walking and she turn back to look at Jiwon.

“I will be fine……”Rie said.

“Promise?” Rie nods. Right before she walk away she said something she always keep to herself only.

“I love you……” She said and Mr. Lee drags her out again to his car. Once again Rie cough blood. Mr. Lee let Rie drive and he still pointing the knife at .

“Appa…..do you love me even for a little?”Rie asked when they already move away from her house.

“Before Ren died…. I do love you.”

“If you hate me…why you don’t just leave me?”

“I don’t hate you….”Mr. Lee said make Rie look at him. He looks calm and sane now. Is he come back to the man she know before? The man she used to love and respect. The man she used to be her father.

“I hate myself and you just remind me……You make me feel anger, hate and weak. I want to kill myself but I couldn’t…..”

“So you vent your anger and frustrated to me.”

“Yes…..”

“Appa…. Could you let Eomma go?”

“I can’t. I CAN’T!!!”

 “Let’s end this for once and all. Let Eomma go and I will come with you.” Rie said and just look ahead of her. She cried again when she thinks of Jiwon, Mdm. Miura and Hanbin.

“Don’t mourn for me for too long….only remember the good memory and move on. Kim Jiwon, I love you.”Rie said in her mind. She looks at Mr. Lee and he just smile like he agree with her plan when he saw their car going fast.

“Rie, thank you for bring this pain to end.” Mr. Lee said and smile at her.

Jiwon and Hanbin drive follow Mr. Lee car from behind but they can’t get closer to them because of traffic. Jiwon can feel there is something off when Rie turn back to looks at him before leave like she saying her last goodbye.

“Rie, Please……”Jiwon said.

From far Jiwon and Hanbin could hear a loud noise sound like something just explode. Both of them look at each other like they think of something same. When they saw things in front of them, Jiwon’s heart shrink with fear. His hand shaking and he look at Hanbin. He could see the same fear in Hanbin’s expression like a mirror. Slowly they out from their car and walk toward the wreck car at the same time they keep denying and pray it’s not Rie’s car.

Jiwon fall on his knee when he saw her hand lifeless lay on the floor. The car turn upside side down and he look inside and saw Rie hurt badly and blood all over her face and body.

“Rie…..”Jiwon called. Hanbin look at Jiwon face then to the Rie. He take a deep breath calm himself and keep praying for Rie to be safe.

“Help me….” Hanbin said and try to pull Rie out from that car. Jiwon help him and together they pull Rie out from the car.

“Call 911….” Hanbin said to the bystander.

“Rie…..”Jiwon called again and cradle her in his arms. His tear keeps falling same with Hanbin. No matter how strong he trying to keep calm but his tears still betrayed him.

“Rie…..”He called again but Rie never respond.

“Please I beg you. Please come back to me…..Please….. I love you….please don’t leave me.”Jiwon keep begging and shake her body softly.

From far Hanbin and Jiwon could hear the ambulance siren and then everything past so fast but nothing register in their mind. Jiwon go to the hospital together with Rie and Hanbin his car follow the ambulance.

While they fear and worry of Rie safety no one remember about Mr. Lee u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter