Hidden Character

Faded

"You know what i can do Wonwoo."

Wonwoo turned around to face his father who wore this serious face. Mr. Jeon might be the supporting and loving dad for Wonwoo but for some reason, this attitude of his dad made him realize that he was being deceived by the comforting and amazing words but it was just a lie. Wonwoo feared this side of his dad, where he can just obey whatever his dad would tell him mindlessly. 

 

"dad, aren't you too much this time?" 

 

Mr. Jeon took one step forward that made Wonwoo almost step backward. Mr. Jeon is really something that even Wonwoo, his son, can't guess what's his true personality.

 

"no, son, i'm just obeying your mother's words before she died." 

 

Wonwoo shot him a glare but that just made his dad a little more mad. He can't live there, in one roof with an in disguise angel who is a devil inside. He took a step backward and started to run off the house but unfortunately there was a car.

 

Wonwoo find himself, slippin in and out of (diamond life) consiousness while he felt his limbs are getting weaker and he felt a warm liquid covering him, his head was hurting and he saw a figure, it was blurred but he recognised the voice.

 

"i said it earlier, you know what i can do."

 

-----------------

 

Mingyu was woken up with a banging on his door downstairs. He sat up and lazily went out of his room. Who might be the person behind of those bangings? He opened the door, not minding that he should check first by looking at the small hole on his door, and he regretted opening it. 

 

"that's him! he's the one who hit my son!"

 

Suddenly a voice woke him up and he saw many police gathered infront of his house and he recognised a man who owns the accusing voice earlier, it belongs to Mr. Jeon. 

 

"are you Kim Mingyu? we're from Han-il Police Station and you are under arrest for driving drunk last night and hitting a person."

 

Mingyu looked at them confused. Last time he checked, Wonwoo went to his apartment but suddenly Mr. Jeon appeared and took Wonwoo away from him and all he can do is to wait in his apartment if Wonwoo would come back. Why the heck this police officers arrest him? He looked at Mr. Jeon who were smirking like he just won in a lottery.

 

"i'm just here at my apartment last night."

 

"isn't this your car?"

 

The police officer held a picture of a matte black car and Mingyu's eyes widened, how could it be there when he locked it inside the apartment's parking lot? 

 

"this is enough of a proof."

 

they cuff Mingyu's hands and let him sit inside the police's car, before the car have started, Mingyu glance at Mr. Jeon one last time and he saw a devilish smile plastered on his face.

 

-----------------

 

"HOW CAN I LET HIM OUT?"

 

Mingyu saw his mother that was away from him for a couple of months, he felt worried since Seoul was too far away from his hometown. 

 

"Mam, the victim is now in coma, it will cost you too much to let him out, just wait 10 years."

 

"I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH IT IS! I JUST WANT MY SON OUT!"

 

The police officer looks terrified and he ask the head how much the cash bond will be. Mingyu closes his eyes as he knows that it will cost too much.

 

"Mam, this is a serious case and the court wanted to take action for this since one of the well known bussinessman is the father of the victim."

 

Mr. Jeon, Mingyu thought. Jeon Wonwoo, a name that was too familiar to him popped out on his mind, so that means, Wonwoo got hit by the car he owned and slipped into a coma? 

 

Mingyu slightly starting to get worried, thoughts of Mr. Jeon doing this filled his mind. It can't be, right? like Wonwoo was his fcking son, why would he plan some things like when he knows it will cause a serious scenario? 

 

"when will be the trial?"

 

"we'll let you know."

 

Mrs. Kim, sighed and ask the police if she could talk to her son, luckily, he allowed her. As soon as Mingyu saw his mom walking towards the metal post standing next to each other to keep the criminals inside and to not let them escape.

 

Mrs. Kim caress his son's cheek as tears started to flow down on he slightly pinkish cheek. 

 

"i know you can't do such things like this, Gyu. specially when Wonwoo is the victim."

 

Mrs. Kim knows about Wonwoo and Mingyu's relationship, at first she can't accept it, that his son was dating a guy but she learned that Wonwoo is a nice guy and she started to approved their relationship since they are not hurting others. Mingyu felt like crying too and his legs are starting to become numb. The thought of giving hard time to his mom and Wonwoo's current situation bottled up inside him and he's preventing them to burst out, he stood firmly, letting his mom saw that he's strong and can handle himself but Mrs. Kim can see what he was actually feeling through his eyes.

 

"oh sweetie, don't pretend that you're still strong, it's okay to break down sometimes, people have their own weakness no matter how brave they are. keep that in mind son."

 

"i'm.... okay mom, you should get going now, don't go back to Hongdae, stay in my apartment, okay? don't stress yourself because of this."

 

Mrs. Kim hesitantly said goodbye to Mingyu but her son assured him that he is fine staying behind the bars. When Mrs. Kim was out of his sight, he sat down on the cold stone floor. 

 

"it's really unfair right? being accused of something you didn't even do."

 

Someone said and he saw a guy with a charcoal hair, his eyes were like tigers and he looks so fearless. 

 

"hey, welcome to the bars of lies dude."

 

"bars of lies?"

 

"well, all of us here are being arrested because of something we didn't even do."

 

Aside from the guy who just talked to him, there's another 2 guys, the one leaning against the wall and the one was laying on the bed. 

 

"what's your case?"

 

The guy leaning against the wall said. 

 

"well, it's a long story and if i short cut some things you wouldn't understand it."

 

"it's okay bro, we'll listen."

 

Mingyu told them the story from the very first, when Mingyu have an amazing boyfriend and he thought his boyfriend's father approved their relationship but then his boyfriend went to his apartment, crying while saying that his father wants him to break up with Mingyu and then his boyfriend's father appeared suddenly and took his boyfriend away from him and the next thing he happened he got arrested because they said, he hit someone while driving and he was drunk and the victim was in coma and what's worst is the one who accused him was his boyfriend's father and the victim was his boyfriend.

 

"that's too complicated."

 

The guy who was lying said and suddenly sat up. 

 

"but didn't you think that it was all his dad's plan?"

 

"well, i kinda think that it was but i really didn't do anything, i was just in my apartment waiting for him to come back then the next day, i found out that i hit a person using my car when i was asleep in my apartment the whole night? that was something."

 

The 3 guys introduced themselves and what are their case. Soonyoung, the one who talked first was accused of stealing a car when in fact he owned the car. Junhui, the guy who was lying was accused of kidnapping his own boyfriend but his boyfriend was the one who come to him but then his boyfriend's mother said that he kidnapped him. and lastly was Seokmin he was accused of murdering his own dad but the truth is, he saw his dad stabs himself infront of him and his mother, who was really mad at him for no reason took the advantage to accused him. 

 

"we're all unlucky, aren't we?"

 

all Mingyu could do right at this moment was to nod, clearly agreeing that they were unlucky and they'll be staying behind the bars of lies. 

 

unlucky? yeah

 

-----------------

 

"Thank god that you're apartment have cctvs and that's a proof the you were not the one who hit Wonwoo, it came out easier than i thought."

 

"Well, mom, let's thank the Head of the apartment i was living since she trusted me and believed me that i can't do such things like that."

 

Well, fortunately, the owner of the apartment signed as the witnessed that Mingyu stayed in his apartment the whole night and she came there with a testimony, fully made up and planned everything just to get Mingyu out. They don't have to pay since the proof was a cctv recording that night, and it was enought to prove that Mingyu is innocent. 

 

"oh Seol-ah! thank you for saving my son."

 

"oh Mrs. Kim. don't thank me, i just hate those people who accused someone that is innocent." 

 

Mingyu bowed and thank her for everything. 

 

"Thank you for everything, Mrs. Joo. My mom wants me to go to Japan to have a new yet fresh start since it's a little to complicated here. I will miss you and your rice cakes."

 

Mingyu said and bowed, and that was the time Seol-ah knew that Mingyu already packed up his things when they went out of the court's building and saw a car full of bags. 

 

"you're prepared huh?"

 

Mrs. Kim gently bowed and smiled at Seol-ah. She also thanked her for taking care of his son while she was away. Mingyu bid his goodbye too and promised her that he will visit her as soon as he came back. The car, soon, was out of Seol-ah's sight. 

 

"you've been through a lot with Wonwoo." 

 

"Take care, son."

 

__________

 

Kira: So yeahhhh! how am i supposed to say this? uhm, i'm struggling to find a time to update because unfortunately, our intramurals is on March and we have a lot of contests to participate and THERE'S TOO MUCH ASSIGNMENT TO DO!!!!! I'M GONNA DIE REALLY!!! i can't manage my time, i can't barely find a time to keep updated about my faves so i always use my phone while our teacher and my classmates are talking about our lesson. (well, math is kinda boring) BUT WELL, I MANAGED TO UPDATE AT 1 AM! CONGRATS TO ME! 

 

So, What do you think about Seol-ah? what could be her role in this story? well, try finding out by reading until the end

 

Your subcribes, upvotes and comments are really much appreciated, by now, ありがとございます‼︎‼︎ ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ