Chapter 9

The Stolen Years
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Wonwoo? What happened?" Jiwon found him sitting at living room crouching while quietly crying.

"Wonwoo?" She came closer.

"It's nothing." He sniffed.

"Wonwoo what happened? Did...he do something?"

"No! He didn't do anything." Wonwoo without hesitation defended Mingyu.

"Then what is it?"

"...can we talk later?" Wonwoo rose up and wiped off the remaining tears.

"Okay then." She kissed his forehead and he went upstairs to his room.

 

Mingyu...he was probably drunk...but could he remember what happened yesterday? I can still feel his warm breath on my neck. I...came while we was looking at me. So embarrassing, he must feel disgusted right now. I mean, if he remembers. Was he that ually frustrated...to j-jerk a guy off.

"I am not sure yet but...I think I...have fallen in love with him." His heart was thumping so loud and fast after realizing his feelings.

"I must never let him know that. Not after we became friends." He hugged his pillow and grabbed his phone when a beeping sound interrupted him. Mingyu?

"Hello?"

"W-Wonwoo! Did you go home?"

"Ah. Yes, after I woke up."

"D-do you maybe...remember what happened yesterday?" He said with low voice so Wonwoo hardly understood.

"Yesterday?" Should I admit that I do remember it? But if he doesn't, he's going to ask me what happened...and if I say that I don't remember and he does- the matter will be forgotten. But if we both remember it? There will be an awkward atmosphere everytime we see each other...

"No...I don't."

"Oh, is that so? Sorry to bother you then." Mingyu quickly hung up. It looked like he was in a hurry.

Wonwoo dialed someone's number and waited for an answer.

"Hello?" A girl's voice replied.

"Jiwon! Come here."

"Dammit Wonwoo! We're in the same house!"

"It's too much bother to shout."

"Ah seriously! I'm going there." She hung up.

 

"I'm here." Jiwon knocked and entered his room.

"Jiwon."

"Mhm?" She sat beside him.

"I have decided. I want to go study in China."

"Have you changed your mind?"

"...yes."

"......is that the reason you were crying? Did Mingyu hurt you somehow?"

"No! He didn't, but-"

"But what?"

"I...I'm in love with him."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Jiwon patted him.

"NO-! He...doesn't feel that way."

"How do you know? Has he rejected you?" She crossed her arms.

"He didn't but-"

"Why don't you tell him how you feel about him?"

"I can't! I definitely can't! Just being next to him makes my chest become painful."

"I know the feeling."

"...when I think about it, discussing this with my sister is really uncomfortable."

"You called me here!" Literally!" She stood up and hit him with the pillow he was holding on to.

"Ouch. That's right, let's tell mom about us moving to China."

 

***

"What? You're going to study in China?!" He talked to Jeonghan after the  classes ended.

"Not so loud! We're in the library."

"Ah! I thought we were going to go to university together." Jeonghan sulked.

"Sorry..."

"That's okay. I'm sure you must have your reasons."

"Thanks for understanding." Wonwoo hugged him and patted his back.

"Well...let's study for final exams."

"Sure."

"Hey! Look, there's the Mingyu guy over there!" Jeonghan pointed at him.

"Ah...don't shout like that. And don't point on other people." What is he doing here?

"Hm...I wonder if guys like him also study for the exams."

"Guys like him?" Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows.

"You know...the guys that always drink, party and mess with girls and then don't have the time to study."

"Do you think he's like that?"

"Yeah!" Jeonghan didn't think twice.

Wonwoo stood up like he heard something offensive.

"I'll be right back."

"O-okay." Jeonghan already regretted saying those words.

Wonwoo took his backpack and put all of his books he was studying from to his bag. He quietly walked up to Mingyu and greeted him.

"Hey."

"H-hi Wonwoo! What's up?"

"I was wondering...what are you doing in the library."

"Ah! I'm trying to study but I'm not really good at this subject." Mingyu pointed at Maths.

"Oh-" Wonwoo was going to offer himself to help him study but Mingyu interrupted him.

"But it's not like I'm bad at studying. Look!" Mingyu, all proud of himself, showed him all of his old exam papers to prove him that he's not stupid and almost all of them were full scored.

"Impressive." Wonwoo chuckled.

"So um...want to help me out a bit?" Mingyu blushed at his compliment.

"No problem." Wonwoo sat on the chair next to him and took out his Math book.

"Wow! You're so good at explaining."

"Ah. It's not that hard. It's just really easy to understand maths." Wonwoo blushed.

"This one's hard." Mingyu reached his hand to grab a pencil but Wonwoo was quicker so instead of taking the pencil, he grabbed Wonwoo's hand.

Wonwoo immediately slapped his hand away.

"S-sorry." Mingyu apologized. He was surprised and didn't expect Wonwoo would be aware of him.

"Don't worry about it. It's just reflex." Wonwoo laughed it off to cover his embarrassment from thinking about yesterday.

"Um-"

"Sorry, I have to go already." Wonwoo quickly returned back to Jeonghan and they both left.

"I screwed up...again." Mingyu rested his elbows on the table and grabbed his head.

. Wonwoo even has a girlfriend already. I...made him cheat on her? Technically. I gotta forget about it and act as it has never happened.

He took his phone out and looked at the calendar. 2 weeks left to graduation and I still haven't made him mine. He already has his own future which doesn't include me. But I don't want to give up on him. Not yet.

Mingyu: WHEN DID YOU SAY IS HIS BIRTHDAY

Seungcheol: In 3 days

Mingyu: THANKS

"Now it's my chance to fix everything."

Mingyu: TELL WONWOO'S FRIEND TO DO THIS...

Joshua: ^^

 

Mingyu explained his plan for Wonwoo's birthday party to everyone and they arranged it one day earlier so that Wonwoo wouldn't suspect anything.

When the day came, Wonwoo woke up as he usually does and took the bus to school. On one of the bus stops, someone in all black got on. He even wore a hoody and sunglasses so Wonwoo had no idea who was it but he was sure of one thing - he looked suspicious. While Wonwoo was paying attention to him, another person took his backpack without him noticing it. Slowly, his belongings started to disappear and when it was time to get off, Wonwoo realized that his things were stolen. He noticed that there was nothing on the seats and no one on the bus he could put the blame on.

"What should I do now..." When he searched every seat, he even looked under every one of them, he gave up and got off the bus.

Suddenly, a man in all black, wearing a mask, tightly grabbed him and another one covered his eyes with a piece of cloth that couldn't been seen through. One of them put something in his mouth that he couldn't recognize and made him unable to speak.Wonwoo tried to fight back but he couldn't move nor speak.

"H-hwlp." One of them hit the back of his head to calm him down and put him into some kind of van. On the whole way, nobody said anything except Wonwoo, trying to scream for help. The guys in black were tired of holding him so they tied him up with a rope they had prepared.

"Min..yu."

"...did he

Please log in to read the full chapter