Chapter 7

The Stolen Years
Please log in to read the full chapter

When they left the restaurant, they said their goodbyes to Seokmin, who was running late to his part-time job and Wonwoo was there alone with Hyejin and Mingyu.

"So...um...I guess I'll go." The black haired boy sensed the awkward atmosphere.

"...sure."

"Ah Mingyu! Are you just going to let him go like that! At least take him home, will you?" She nagged just like Wonwoo's sister.

"Ah! It's really okay, don't worry about me, I'll take the bus."

"No way you are!" She dragged him into Mingyu's car and he sat on the back seat. Hyejin took the seat next to Mingyu, and he - without saying anything - drove Hyejin first home.

"Mingyu...is it really okay that I'm here?"

"..." He didn't say anything.

"Could you...put on your seatbelt, please?" Wonwoo tried to talk to him again. Without saying anything, Mingyu fastened his seatbelt and continued focusing on the road.

"So Wonwoo...tell me about yourself a little. Do you have a girlfriend?" Hyejin joined the 'conversation'.

"...ah, I don-"

"Yes, he already does!" Mingyu answered for him.

"Is it really true, Wonwoo?"

"No...I don't have one."

"Great~!"

When Hyejin got off, Mingyu took Wonwoo home as second.

"Mingyu! We just missed my house!"

"...who said I was taking you home? The date's not over yet."

"Mingyu! You are kidnapping me right know!" Wonwoo's face was all red. Mingyu peeked at him when he wasn't looking.

He's blushing so much right now, makes me want to bite his cheeks. Mingyu smirked.

"We are here." Mingyu got out and opened the door for Wonwoo. What a gentleman.

"What are we doing here?" Wonwoo was confused when they arrived in front of the cinema.

"Well, they don't have any action movie playing right now but they have this." He pointed at a poster of the movie they were going to watch. It was a poster of woman and man hugging, with a cliché title.

"Two tickets, please."

"Wait-! Are we really going on this?" Wonwoo was embarrassed.

"Yeah, why not?" Mingyu made fun of him. He actually chose it on the spur of moment but was really interested in seeing Wonwoo's reaction.

When they ordered a popcorn, they went to find their seats and soon the movie started. It was just ten minutes since the movie started but they both managed to eat a half of the popcorn.

During the sad scene, Mingyu peeked at Wonwoo but couldn't see him clearly.

"...Wonwoo. Wonwoo!" Mingyu whispered to him.

"Ah-! What-what is it?"

"...are you seriously crying?" Mingyu chuckled.

"Shut up!"

Mingyu sighed and grabbed his hand.

"W-what are you doing?"

"I've seen it many times in films."

"But they usually do that when it's a horror film...and with a girl." Wonwoo tried to get his hand out of his grip.

"Aren't you acting like a girl right now with the crying face?"

"Don't make fun of me!" Wonwoo pouted.

"Sorry..." Mingyu couldn't hold back his laughter and gripped his hand with Wonwoo's tighter.

When the movie ended, Wonwoo was surprised that Mingyu didn't fall asleep but watched the movie with so much interest. That was one of his many sides that he still hasn't seen.

When they got out of the cinema, the weather was so freezing that they both ran towards the car.

"Can I take you home?"

"If you don't forget about your seatbelt." Wonwoo laughed but Mingyu's expression was as cold as ever.

"...why don't you do it for me?" Wonwoo wasn't sure if he misunderstood but he pulled the Mingyu's seatbelt and fastened it. Mingyu just stared at him.

"...what?"

"I'm not sure myself," Mingyu continued "maybe... if you had your hand on my thigh like the other day, then..."

"Then what?"

"I don't know, I didn't think it through." An awkward silence.

 

When they warmed up a little, Mingyu started the car and drove him home.

 

"We are here." Mingyu looked at Wonwoo, "...wake up." He shook his shoulder a bit to wake him up.

"Aren't you going to wake up? I don't know what I might do to you if you don't wake up."

Mingyu caressed his cheek. When he was sure that Wonwoo won't wake up any time soon, he leaned a bit closer. He was slowly getting closer to Wonwoo and when they were just few centimeters apart, he gently pressed his lips against Wonwoo's. His lips were so warm even though their bodies were cold from the weather. Mingyu just stole Wonwoo's first kiss without him knowing.

Wonwoo woke up few minutes later while Mingyu enjoyed watching him sleeping.

"Huh? Have we arrived yet?"

"We've been here for 20 minutes already." Mingyu yawned.

"Why didn't you wake me up then?"

"I tried." Mingyu smirked.

They both got out of the car and Mingyu went to see him off.

"Why are you following me to my house...?" Wonwoo was confused.

"Can't I?"

"Are- are you coming inside?" Wonwoo asked when they were standing in front of his front door.

"No way, I'm going home." Mingyu shook the invitation off. "Good night."

"...good night." Wonwoo looked disappointed.

"Aw, if you look like that I might misunderstand." Mingyu took a step closer, grabbed the back of his neck and kissed his forehead, making Wonwoo blush. Misunderstand what?

"Mingyu..."

"Yes?"

"About Hyejin-."

"What about her? Are you maybe... interested in her?"

"No...um, are you dating her?"

"...so you want to know if she's single?"

"No! It's not about Hye-!"

"It's not your business if we're dating," Mingyu interrupted him, "Good night." He said and left. He is lucky that he didn't see Wonwoo's expression. Otherwise, he would definitely misunderstand.

"...so they are dating." Wonwoo mumbled.

Mingyu: DON'T TALK TO ME FOR A WHILE AT SCHOOL.

"...have I said something wrong?" He read the message and locked his phone.

Wonwoo entered his house and took a shower. It was almost midnight, but he didn't feel sleepy at all after taking a nap in Mingyu's car. He has just recovered from his cold, but he still felt powerless. He laid down on his bed and summed up everything that had happened today. He touched his lips  because - somehow, they felt hot, almost burning but he didn't give it much thought. He wondered what was that date actually about. Why was he invited? Why did Mingyu took him to the cinema? Those were the questions he thought about all night and when he realised - it was already Sunday morning.

On Sunday, he went with his sister and Jeonghan to the nearest café, as

Please log in to read the full chapter