Chapter 6

The Stolen Years
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was finally Monday and Mingyu was getting ready for school. He usually goes to school by car but recently, he started taking the bus. God knows why. Not because he is too lazy to drive but because someone particular is taking the bus, too. Like it isn't enough for him to be with him at school till 2 p.m. That ridiculously handsome boy also has his flaws. He has to set his morning alarm at least 5 times and maybe then he will wake up. If not, he will just spend his whole day in bed. His parents are usually on a business trip somewhere in China, so he spends his free days somewhere out with his friends, since he is kinda popular, but rarely stays at home. Even though his parents were at home over the weekend, they have already gone back to China in the morning. They usually stay there for a few months and then come back. His father owns a very large company so that explains why they are so wealthy.

***

When Mingyu was ready for school, he grabbed his backpack, put on his shoes and ran downstairs. He couldn't find his mobile phone so he looked for it in his back pockets and jacket but couldn't find it anywhere so he went back to his room. He looked under his bed and just then he noticed the gift bag from Wonwoo. He opened his eyes wide because he remembered that Wonwoo gave it to him on Friday. How could it end up down here? He threw his backpack on the bed and quickly grabbed the bag. He opened it and there was a little black box. He opened it and he was very pleased. He slowly took the watch from the box and put it on. His eyes were almost sparkling.

"My first gift from my b-...Wonwoo." he mumbled. He kept the watch on his wrist and looked at the time. He was late so he had to run fast down the stairs and hall to catch the bus. When he got on, he sat on his new seat, next to Wonwoo's but he wasn't on the bus today. He was a little disappointed but it's not like they agreed to ride the bus together.

When he arrived, he greeted all of his friends. Although he has a lot of friends but just a few of them were his true friends.

"Hey Mingyu." Jihoon, Seungcheol and others said.

"Hey guys."

"The Friday party was awesome! There was really good food." Seungcheol said.

"Also I met there a really nice girl." Joshua said and smiled.

"Sure." Everybody ingored him and Joshua sulked. He hadn't had any luck in finding girlfriends through all his life. If he ever met someone, they always turned out to be some bad girl and his ideal girlfriend has to have short, but not too short hair, and look like an angel fallen from heaven. He has a really high standards even for their personality.

"Nice watch you got there." Soonyoung said.

"Ah. It was a gift."

"But you don't wear watches."

"...I do now." he said as he watched Wonwoo arriving to the school gate.

"Isn't he late today? he mumbled.

"Late? Who's late?" Seungcheol just couldn't stand still but Mingyu ignored him when he suddenly got an idea.

"...Ah! I need a favor, Joshua!" Mingyu put his arm around his shoulder as they walked away from the others and continued:

"You get along well with Wonwoo, right?"

"Ah...I guess I do." Joshua smiled innocently.

"Okay, I need you to ask him something."

"What is it?" Joshua furrowed his brows.

"Can you ask him if he likes watching movies?" Joshua looked at him in confusion.

"Okay."

"Oh and...if so, then what kind of movies does he like."

"Okay...I think I don't want to know why should I ask him that." Joshua cringed. Mingyu just playfully hit his shoulder.

"Text me later what he replied, and don't mention me, okay?"

Mingyu went to the main building and entered his classroom. He doesn't even have any classes with Wonwoo. Well except that one class he sneaked into because he had free classes for the rest of the day. Okay but who would want to have extra class when you can already go home? Only Mingyu, apparently.

Mingyu couldn't focus on the lesson because he was impatiently checking his phone every two minutes. But Joshua still hasn't replied.

***

"Wonwoo! Hi." Joshua greeted him when he found him.

"Uh...hey." Wonwoo cracked a smile.

"Is he your friend, Wonwoo?" Jeonghan smiled beautifully.

"...." Joshua freezed.

"Joshua, are you alright?" Wonwoo was concerned about him.

"Oh, hello Joshua," Jeonghan shaked his hand gently but forcefully "I'm Jeonghan."

"...Marry me!" Joshua blurted out.

"...I'm sorry?" Jeonghan asked innocently.

"Ah...sorry. You just look like my ideal type. I mean, if you were a girl."

"oh," Jeonghan almost said 'okay' to his proposing. And again with the awkward atmosphere.

"Ah by the way Wonwoo," Joshua remembered what did he want from Wonwoo...well, what wanted Mingyu. "...do you like watching movies?" Jeonghan furrowed his brows at his question.

"Yeah, I do."

"Awesome! And what kind of movies do you like watching?" Joshua read it from his palm where he had written the questions in case he would forget.

"What's going on?" Wonwoo found the questions suspicious. Joshua got surprised. He was wondering what should he say. He promised Mingyu that he won't mention him. What should I do? I don't want to be killed.

"Ah...I- I want to...go to the cinema with you..I guess." Joshua was embarrassed. He blurted out. He had so many choices what to say and he just had to say the most embarrassing one... If only he didn't say it that way, it could sound like a normal reply.

"Oh. I like action movies but...I don't feel like going, sorry."  Wonwoo tried to avoid the awkward Joshua. Not because he is prejudiced or something but...you know...if someone else were to ask him out...I'm not trying to hint anything.Or?

"I don't mind going with you, Joshua." Jeonghan tried but it was useless.

"That's totally okay! You don't have to. I have to go now see you later." Joshua red faced ran back to his classroom because they were talking in the hall during the class. They're lucky that nobody scolded them later.

Joshua: He likes action movies. But that's obvious, everybody likes them.

Mingyu finally got his long awaited text. "Oh, that's right. I didn't think of that."

Mingyu: THANKS :>

Mingyu: BTW IF I WERE A GIRL, I MEAN IF, HOW SHOULD I ASK A GUY OUT

Joshua:

Seen at 10:46am

"Well, i guess he won't reply."

Hyejin: Behind youu~

Mingyu turned around and he saw Hyejin waving at him few seats away from his.

Mingyu: WHAT

Hyejin: Who were you texting with so much! makes me jealous~

Mingyu: NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Hyejin: Aww :|  I want to ask you about the boy I was talking about last week

Mingyu:  LATER

Mingyu wasn't interested in who was Hyejin talking about. But he promised that he will help her get them together. Although he doesn't know who is her crush but he hopes it isn't one of his friends. They don't deserve to suffer like that.

"Why do I even have her phone number..." Mingyu sighed and when the class finished, he hurried to the bus stop so he wouldn't have to talk to her.

"Mingyuu! Wait for me." She quickly ran after him.

"So annoying..." He mumbled.

"What is annoying?" A familiar voice interrupted him. He turned around and  there was Wonwoo standing with an umbrella in his right hand. An umbrella? Oh it's raining, I didn't even notice...

"You..you are." Mingyu quickly hid under his umbrella.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Wonwoo's temperature raised a little bit, not just because he caught a cold.

"I'm hiding from someone. Don't talk and help m-" He go interrupted by Wonwoo.

"There." Wonwoo tightly hugged him under the wet umbrella without giving it a second thought.

"Is this okay?" Wonwoo asked, still not letting go.

"Perfect." Mingyu was now not only hiding from Hyejin but also from Wonwoo seeing his blushing face.

"You'r

Please log in to read the full chapter