Chapter 4

The Stolen Years
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wonwoo went home after the incident in the cafeteria. He studied for a while but couldn't focus on studying because all he was thinking about was Mingyu's reaction when he wiped the food off of his face. His face suddenly got red at the thought. What? What am I getting red for? He looked at his phone and looked at the time.

"It's already 9 p.m., I should take a shower and go to sleep." Wonwoo mumbled to himself and stood up from his chair. Wonwoo usually goes to sleep really early because he gets tired quickly. And he usually stays home, even on weekends, because his room is his favorite place. It's quiet and nobody disturbs him there. And he doesn't really have another place to go to, anyway.

When he finished showering he put his towel over to cover his lower half. His hair was still dripping wet. He brushed his teeth and walked out of the bathroom when suddenly someone rang the doorbell.

"Wonwoo honey can you answer the door?" His mom shouted from downstairs.

"But you're closer to the door mom." Wonwoo shouted back from upstairs.

"I'm busy." His mom shouted back.

"Alright. I'm coming down." When Wonwoo came downstairs he realized that he's still half .

"Well too late to go change now." Wonwoo thought to himself and shrugged his shoulders. When he answered the door, there was standing someone who he absolutely didn't expect to come.

"Mingyu?" he asked because he still couldn't believe that someone he barely knows would come and visit him and even in the night.

"Is something wrong?" He asked again because Mingyu wasn't responding. Mingyu was just blankly staring at him without saying a word.

"Your hair is wet." That's all he said.

"Oh I forgot. I'll dry it later...So what did you come here for?"

"You'll catch a cold. Here." Mingyu said and grabbed the towel that was covering Wonwoo's lower half.

"Aaah! What are you doing?" Wonwoo panicked because he was totally and he was covering his front with his both hands and all he could do was blush.

"Dry your hair properly next time or you'll catch a cold." Mingyu said and grabbed the towel in both his hands and started drying Wonwoo's hair.

"...Um...what are you doing?" Wonwoo said after few seconds after Mingyu started drying his hair.

"Done. Here's your towel back. You should cover yourself with it, weirdo."

"You are saying it just now?" Wonwoo couldn't hold back and snapped.

"Calm down. Anyway I came here for something else." Mingyu said calmly.

"Oh that's right. What is it?" Wonwoo asked while wrapping himself in the towel, his hans were shaking from the shock and his face was still red.

"I need your help. Can I come in?" Mingyu looked at Wonwoo as they were still in front of his front door. Just then Wonwoo realized that someone might have seen them. He got really embarrassed. When they were looking at each other in quiet, only then Wonwoo noticed that Mingyu was acting weird. Is he drunk? Wonwoo thought to himself.

"Yes, come in." Mingyu walked in and Wonwoo slowly closed the door behind him.

"Go upstairs. I'll be right there."

"Which room?" Mingyu asked and took off his shoes.

"The first one on the left."

"Got it." Mingyu replied and seconds later he tripped over his own feet. Wonwoo noticed him wobbling and held back his laughter.

"Here." Wonwoo sighed and helped Mingyu get up.

"Thanks." Mingyu smirked and kissed Wonwoo on the cheek. His heart suddenly started beating really fast and the spot on his face was warm from the sudden action.

"Go upstairs you drunkard." Wonwoo rolled his eyes and wiped off the place where Mingyu kissed him. He watched until Mingyu went upstairs, just to make sure he wouldn't fall down the stairs. When he got out of his sight he went to the kitchen.

"Mom, my frie-...well, someone I know, just came in." Wonwoo wasn't sure if Mingyu was his friend because he barely knows him so he just introduced him as 'someone he knows' and because he doesn't have any friends except Jeonghan, he can't tell who is his friend and who is not. But he had a feeling that soon enough there will be a bunch of new weird friends added on the list.

"Okay honey. Is he staying over? He looked pretty drunk." His mom said and laughed.

"I guess. Is that okay?"

"Of course. Just make sure he doesn't sleep on the floor." Naturally, Wonwoo wanted him to sleep on the floor. Oh, what a good friend he is.

"What? Then where should he sleep?" Wonwoo was confused.

"In your room honey. On your bed. And don't forget to put on some clothes." His mom laughed again while drinking her tea.

"Oh right...and where should I sleep?"

"You're both boys so it's okay to sleep on the same bed." His mom said and winked at him.

"What? That's-...You can't be serious, mom." Wonwoo ran out of words because he was really tired so he just obediently accepted.

"...good night mom." Wonwoo said and yawned.

"Good night honey." His mother kissed him on his forehead and went to sleep.

Wonwoo left the kitchen, turned off the lights in the hallway and went upstairs. When he opened the door to his room, he saw Mingyu already lying on his bed. He sighed and looked through his pile of clothes to look for something to change into.

"Won-.." Mingyu mumbled. Wonwoo turned around while holding a t-shirt that he dug out from the pile.

"What is it?" Wonwoo replied quietly and uninterested.

"You look...." Mingyu said while looking at still half- Wonwoo.

"What the hell. Just go to sleep." Wonwoo quickly put on his t-shirt and sweatpants.

"...alright..." Mingyu answered while he was already half-asleep. Wonwoo turned off the lights, lied down on the bed next to Mingyu and turned his back to him. After 20 minutes he still couldn't fall asleep. He turned to Mingyu and stared at him for a while until he fell asleep. It was already morning when something woke him up. He softly opened his eyes and winked a few times. It took him a moment until he realized in what kind of position he woke up. Mingyu was hugging him from the back and their bodies were really close together. He felt Mingyu's slow breath on his nape. Wonwoo's heart was beating really fast.

"ahem..." Wonwoo cleared his throat and tried to get out of Mingyu's embrace.

"Shh..." That's all Mingyu said and embraced Wonwoo more tightly.

"Mingyu." He tried to wake him up. Mingyu slightly opened his eyes and all he could see was Wonwoo struggling to get out of his embrace. He chuckled with morning husky voice.

"Heh."

"Are you awake Mingyu? Can you move please?" Wonwoo asked impatiently.

"Oh ." Mingyu suddenly felt something and let Wonwoo go.

"What's wrong?" Wonwoo stood up when Mingyu let him go and saw Mingyu suddenly covering himself with blankets.

"Uh it's nothing. I have...hangover. I guess I drank a lot yesterday." Mingyu admitted, but only half of the truth.

"Why are you still in bed?" Wonwoo asked and reached to get Mingyu out of the bed.

"No!" Mingyu panicked.

Please log in to read the full chapter