Chapter 8

The Stolen Years
Please log in to read the full chapter

Warning:

"-...but not in that way. You're just a friend to me. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, Hyejin."

"oh I should've known that."

"...what do you mean?" Wonwoo wondered.

"You have someone else you like, don't you?"

"Ah...no." Wonwoo shaked his hands in disagreement. "Wait. So you and Mingyu aren't dating?"

"Hell no!" She bluntly responded. “What about you?”

“What about me?”

“Well...are you and Mingyu dating?”

“Wh-what? Of course not!” What is she talking about? Does everybody sees us in that way? Wonwoo smiled slightly.

"I can see that, you know."

"...what?"

"That smile. You're happy knowing that he's single."

"Wh-what are you saying?"

"C'mon. My heart has just been broken. Have some mercy."

"I-I really didn't mean to-"

"You are really easy to read." Hyejin smiled even though she wished she could punch Mingyu a million times because he caught such adorable person as Wonwoo.

"Hyejin...I'm really sorry. Again-"

"Don't worry about it already." She hugged him last time and he walked her home.


 

It's over. I had my chance and I missed it. No- I didn't even have the chance. Mingyu gripped the starring wheel of his car and started it.

Seungkwan: BIG NEWS!

Mingyu: WHAT

Seungkwan: I just saw Wonwoo and Hyejin walking home together

There's no doubt... They started dating. I guess I have to accept that. That damn b*tch!  Mingyu sighed and turned off his phone.

When Mingyu got home, he texted Wonwoo.

Mingyu: ARE YOU FREE TONIGHT

"What is goiong on...why is he texting me so suddenly, is he not mad anymore?" Wonwoo's mood got better.

Wonwoo: yes

Mingyu: I'LL PICK YOU UP AT 8PM

"...Should I be excited or scared?" Wonwoo buried his head into pillow, lying down on his bed.

"Oh. What should I wear…?" He jumped out of the bed and quickly started looking for some clothes. His room wasn't a mess until today.  “Ah, it’s still too early.” He looked at the time.

 

"Mom! I'm going out tonight." He shouted from his room when it was 30 minutes till the ‘date’.

"Is it a date?" She yelled back.

"N-no!"

"What? My little brother is going on a date?" Jiwon joined the 'shouting conversation' from downstairs.

"I'm telling you it's not a date!"

"Then what is this mess?" Jiwon rushed to his room.

"I'm just going out with a friend tonight."

"...name of that friend?"

"...M-Mingyu."

"So it IS a date." Jiwon smirked and crossed her arms.

"...what do you want?"

"Help you with those clothes." Jiwon cringed at his brother who was wearing plain T-shirt and jeans.

"...what's wrong with them?”

"Everything!"

She helped him choose the nicest shirt he had and plain jeans, which cannot ruin anything. She even sprayed him with her favourite male perfume, which had a really fresh and manly scent.

"Ah! Don't spray that on me!" Wonwoo covered his nose but the smell was really attractive.

"You're all ready." Jiwon patted his shoulder.

"...thanks. How is that different from the way I was dressed few minutes ago…?” He mumbled to himself.

"Ah, you still have 20 minutes."

Please log in to read the full chapter