Chapter 1

The Stolen Years
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Have you ever regretted not confessing to someone you thought you wouldn't mind spending your whole life with? Well, I have. It's been a year since I last saw him. I wonder how is he doing..." That was Wonwoo's last day in the hospital.

 

Let's go back to two years ago.


 

It's almost the end of October, the third year - last year for Wonwoo is the most important year. Soon, this boy will be 18 years old and he still hasn't had his first kiss nor his first crush. He's studying at Seoul High School and lives with his mother and sister. He doesn't have any specialties or hobbies and he is pretty invisible. His only friend Jeonghan, his childhood friend, has stayed with him since childhood and until now, he didn't need any other friends. He may seem unsociable, but he's friendly and pretty clumsy person. And kinda oblivious to everything that is happening around him.

***

Wonwoo, the black haired boy, is sitting on his usual seat on a bus near the window. And because he doesn't have a car nor bike, he has to go to school by bus. Not that he can't walk to school but why would he bother, of course.

When the bus arrived, he sighed, got off and grabbed his backpack. He took his phone from pocket and looked at the time.

"Oh- I missed my first class," Wonwoo mumbled to himself. This doesn't happen to him so often. But occasionaly, he tends to sleep a little longer than he should. He isn't a morning person, as you can see.

He was wearing a white plain shirt, over it black hoodie with sleeves rolled up, jeans and old ripped shoes. Wonwoo put his headphones on and walked into the school building. He was passing through the lockers until he found his. He opened it and took the books he needed for the next class.

And because he was wearing headphones, he couldn't hear all the noises of students coming from the first class which he didn't attend. When he was closing the locker suddenly a football hit his head really hard. He quickly put down his headphones and looked up to the person. He has never seen him before, but that might be because he doesn't notice people because he is always busy reading some book.
That may be the reason when one time a teacher sent him to sign some papers to the principal - since he didn't know how he looked like, he went to look for him in the hallways and when he saw the school's janitor, he asked him where was the principal right now since he wasn't in his office. He immediately dragged Wonwoo to the principal's office and scolded him. There he found out that he was the principal...and he also found out that his school doesn't have a janitor. He learned his lesson and started to pay attention to what's going on around him at school. Kinda, anyway...let's go back now…

"Hey! L-look out!" Wonwoo shouted at the person who hit him.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." the boy said as he glared at him.

"Mingyu you don't have to be so rude to him…" one of the guys that was with the boy told him with low voice. On hearing that, the boy turned back to look at Wonwoo while he was bending down to pick up the books he dropped. He was frowning. Without saying a word, he turned back and walked away when he suddenly stopped like he got a really good idea.

Mingyu wait! This is a good opportunity... he thought to himself and returned to Wonwoo and grabbed one of his books that fell.

"H-hey what are you doing..." Wonwoo reached out his hand to take his book back but Mingyu pulled his hand away and quickly left with the book and joined his friends without saying a word to the black haired boy. Wonwoo couldn't do anything about it because there w

Please log in to read the full chapter