Chapter Seven

When I See You Again

(Three months later)

I knocked on the door looming imtimdatingly in front of me. I was so nervous, my palms were sweaty.

"Enter," a voice from inside said.

Taking a deep breath, and rubbing my palms on my jeans, I reached out and opened the door. "Hello, sir," I greeted cheerfully, trying not to show how anxious I was right now.

Mr. Lee gestured towards one of the two chairs in front of, on the other side of his desk. I sat in one and cleared my throat. "What exactly did you want to discuss with me today, Miss Summers?"

"Well sir, I had a very important question to ask you concerning the end of my internship," I replied.

He leaned forward in his seat with a frown. "Yes?"

I wet my lips before replying. "Well, I really love working here, sir. And, well I only have one year left of college before I get my degree. The boys and I were hoping that... maybe when I graduate, I'd still be welcomed here at BigHit?"

He stared at me for what seemed like hours but was only a few moments. "Well Miss Summers, as you are doing incredibly well, and since the members of BTS seem to like you very much, if you are still interested in working here when you graduate, then you will have the job."

I grinned. "Thank you, sir. Thank you so much," I said cheerfully, for real this time, and shook his hand eagerly.

I practically sprinted to HQ, as the maknae line dubbed the usual hang out room for BTS. When I burst through the door, I watched all the members jump except for Yoongi who was currently sleeping. I ran over to him and shook him. "Yoongi, you have to wake up!" I yelled. He groaned but opened his eyes nonetheless. "I've got great news. Mr. Lee said I can have the job after I graduate!" I exclaimed.

The room erupted with yells and hollers of joy. Tae ran to me and grabbed me in a hug, swinging me around. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck and closing my eyes, enjoying the moment. He set me down and our eyes connected. The whole room seemed to disappear as I stared into his black eyes. This boy was so beautiful, so funny, everything I've ever wanted and more. I know I feel something for him, but I was so scared.

Tae looked away with a small smile, prompting me to do the same. I walked over to Jungkook and ruffled his hair. "Bet you thought you were rid of me soon," I teased.

He pushed my shoulder playfully. "Sure did. I'm so disappointed now. You caught me, Ana," he joked.

I grinned. Life was good.

-------------------------------------------------

(V's pov)

Two more weeks. There was only two more weeks until Ana was moving back to the States. We were having so much fun that time flew by so fast, caught us off guard. I didn't want her to leave. I was scared. I was scared that when she left, we'd slowly stop talking and I'd just become some Kpop star to her, or she'd just become another fan in the audience. I was scared that she'd get into an accident and I'd never see her again. But mostly... I was scared that she'd lose those feelings for me that I knew she had, because I felt them too, and I didn't want to be alone in them.

So, with the dread of her leaving soon hanging over me, I confessed.

We were all at our dorm with Ana. She and I were in the kitchen, alone, making ramyun for the group. Well, it was more like I was cooking and Ana was sitting on the counter next to me, watching me work. I didn't mind. I knew Ana could cook, she was just lazy sometimes. While the noodles were boiling, I shifted over till I stood in between her legs. Startled at the sudden closeness, her eyes jumped to mine.

"Yes?" She asked hesitantly.

I took a steadying breath. "Ana... Am I the only one that feels something between us? It's been bothering me because sometimes I feel like I'm not the only one but I don't want to get my hopes up."

Ana was quiet for a minute and I feared the worst. She sighed. "No, Tae. You're not." She paused and I knew there was a but coming soon. "But, I can't act on them, not right now," she concluded.

"Why? Ana, we both like each other so what's the issue?" I asked.

"The issue, Tae, is that I'm moving in a week. Seven days from now, I will leave South Korea and I won't be back for months. During those months, you'll be promoting and going on tour while I'll be going to school and studying hard to finish my degree by December. We won't have time for each other, only the occasional calls or video chats. I want more than that V. So yes, I like you, a lot, and I want so badly to be with you, but I can't. I think you know that, too, Tae," she finished.

I stepped away and stirred the noodles. I sighed. She was right. "I know that, but I just wanted to make sure," I replied shakily, trying not to show how upset I was.

A soft hand cupped my cheek and I leaned in to it, turning to her. Her thumb swiped across my cheekbone as her eyes searched my face. "I'm scared, Tae," Ana whispered.

I closed my eyes and said, "Me too," before I pulled away. I pushed away the sadness as I grabbed some bowls and chopsticks and started serving up the food. Ana hopped down from the counter and grabbed a bowl before leaving to the living room. The others trickled in to get their food before leaving as well. I stood in the kitchen for a few minutes, getting my bearings. Love .

------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day, I watched Ana interact with the others, occasionally chipping in on all the fun, but my heart wasn't in it. Sometimes, we'd stare at each when we thought the other wasn't looking, making eye contact at times before looking away. 

When Ana left, Jin turned to me and gestured to his room. I nodded and we stood, excusing ourselves. Jin closed the door behind him and sat on his bed while I sat on the other.

"Jin I think... no I know that I'm in love with Ana," I said quietly.

I watched the other nod, not looking at all surprised. "I figured as much. I assume you told her today?"

"Yeah. While we were alone in the kitchen. We decided that it was best that nothing happen since she's leaving in a week, but I don't like it. It hurts, Jin. Knowing that she likes me back and not being able to do anything, it hurts."

Jin stood and walked over, sitting next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "You want to know what I think?" He asked. I nodded. "I think she'll leave for almost a year and during that year, both of you will think about each other almost constantly. You'll try keeping yourselves busy to forget, but something will remind you of the other and you'll think about them all over again. So, when she comes back, it'll be like she'd never left in the first place. The love will still be there because I believe you guys are meant to be," he responded.

I laid my head on his shoulder. "You believe we're meant to be?"

Jin nodded resolutely. "I sure do. I know you guys are," he replied.

I smiled. "I know so too."

Jin was right. I had no reason to be scared. The feelings Ana and I had for each other weren't just going to leave while she was gone. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------

(Ana's pov)

I was boarding my flight in ten minutes. The members of BTS and I were standing at my terminal, staring at each other, thinking about what was to come.

Jin was the first to react. He walked over and pulled me into a hug. It was warm and comforting and reminded me so much of the hugs my mama gave. Jin pulled back, keeping his hands on my shoulders. "You keep in touch as much as you can, okay? Stay safe, stay healthy, take your vitamins and study hard, alright?" Jin gave a watery smile, which I returned. I nodded.

Jimin gave me a quick but tight hug and ruffled my hair. I huffed in mock annoyance, fixing it while glaring half-heartedly. "It was nice getting to know you Emi," he said.

I smiled. "Same to you, Chim Chim."

J-hope was next, openly crying. He wrapped me in a tight hug, rubbing his cheek on the top of my head. What was with these boys and messing up my hair? "Ana, you're one of my favorite people. Why couldn't you have been in BTS? Your much more fun than some of the others!" Said others protested vehemently, making me bust out laughing. This is why I loved Hobi. Even though he was crying, he tried his best to make everyone else smile.

Namjoon placed his hand on my shoulder, looking everywhere but at me. He was so adorably awkward around me, I couldn't help but chuckle, pulling him into a hug. "You take care of these boys, you hear me?" I said, wiping away tears. He nodded and replied with an "of course" before allowing Yoongi to pull me into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you, kid. I'm glad I got to know someone else besides these little twerps. Don't hesitate to call, yeah?" Yoongi said, pulling away. His eyes were suspiciously shiny. I nodded and pressed my lips together, not trusting myself to speak. I didn't bother wiping my tears away since they'd just keep falling. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm down a bit; it was futile.

I gasped when I was suddenly glomped by the maknae. I heard a quiet sniffle from beside me and brought my arms up, rubbing his back. "Jungkook, it'll be alright. You've got your brothers here. We'll keep in touch and before you know it, December will be here and so will I," I mumbled.

Jungkook stepped back, wiping his face with his sleeve. "You better be," he replied.

Then, Tae stepped up and I couldn't hold back the wave of tears. He enveloped me in his arms, making me bury my face in his chest. My shoulders shook with sobs as I finally realized the reality of the situation. I was leaving my boys... I was leaving Tae. I forcefully pushed my tears away, gathering myself and pulled back. I stared into Tae's eyes. "Tae, promise me you won't forget any of this. Promise me you won't leave me too," I cried.

He cupped my cheek and shook his head. "Never. When you come back, I'll be waiting for you. I swear it," he promised.

I pulled him down for a short, sweet kiss. "You better be waiting for me," I whispered on his lips.

"Flight 462 to Norfolk International Airport is now boarding," the lady at the check in desk said.

We were suddenly surrounded by six other boys in a group hug. They pulled away and said another round of byes before I walked to the line for First Class. Before I entered the terminal, I turned and waved one last time. That was when I finally broke down into tears once again. I sat in my seat closest to the window and waved at the building, feeling like they were standing in front of the big windows, looking at the plane. I didn't stop waving until the airport was just a blur in the distance.

------------------------------------------------------------------

(Three months later)

I was sleeping peacfully, dreaming of being a super hero in a group much like the Avengers with my boys as the other heroes. We were saving a city from a villain who could control minds when the dream was interrupted by some kind of music. I drifted awake before shooting up, realizing it was my phone. Before answering it, I glanced at the time. It was 4:54 in the morning.

I groaned. "Whoever the is calling me at this ungodly hour better have a damn good excuse," I snapped.

The person on the other line chuckled and it sounded extremely familiar. "Hello to you, too."

A grin sprouted on my face. "Yoongi! I'm so sorry. I didn't look to see who it was that was calling. Hello," I greeted, suddenly very much awake.

"Hold on," he said before a chorus of voices shouted, "Hi Ana!" I smiled. "If you couldn't hear, the boys say hi. I'm sorry for calling at such an early hour. Just wanted to ask how you've been. It's been awhile since we talked last," Yoongi said.

"We text almost all the time," I stated.

"Yeah, but it's not the same," he fired back.

I huffed with a grin. "Whatever. I'm doing pretty good, actually. I've got A's in all my classes. Mid terms are in a month so I'm slowly getting into studying for them. I don't expect I'll have much trouble."

We talked for a little while more before he hung up so they could go out to eat some grub. I sighed, laying back down and pulling the covers up. I petted Takara, who was laying on the pillow I wasn't currently using. "I'm such a liar. Sure, I've got all A's in my classes, but I'm not doing good. I miss them so much. I breathe for the times we get to talk, Taka. Everywhere I go, there's always something there to remind me of them," I said, grinning at my song reference. My grin disappeared, however. It was true. Everytime I ate Ramen, I thought of them. Everytime I went to the movies, I thought of them. I kept up with their activities and watched a lot of Vine comps and crack videos to keep my spirits up afterwards.

I knew I was going to see them in a few months, but right now, a few months seemed like forever.

------------------------------------------------------------

"So, you've only got two more months before you leave again, huh?" My mom asked, handing me a cup of hot chocolate.

I blew on it before nodding. "Yeah. I know that you're upset, but I promise I will fly you out for the holidays," I replied. I took a sip and sighed, feeling the warmth spread through my bones. I needed this.

My mother hummed. "How long has it been since you've talked to them?"

My eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Um... it's been about three weeks. They're busy recording and writing songs for their mini album which will drop right before I arrive there. I miss talking to them, but this was expected. They're busy people."

"Honey.. are you sure you want to do this? I know you love him, but are you sure you can handle his life style? Like you said, he's a very busy person and probably won't have a lot of time for you," Mama said.

I smiled softly at her concern. "Yes, Ma. I know I can handle it. I did it for six months before and I really enjoyed it. I know that there will be times where we won't see each other for a while, but for the most part, I'll be with them as their translator."

Mama nodded before changing the subject. "Do you have a place to live lined up?" She asked.

"I kept the apartment I stayed at when I was there before. I've been paying my bills in advance," I explained.

"So, how long are you here for?" Ma asked, once again changing the subject.

"Only for another three days. I just needed a break from everything. I missed the horses and everything," I teased.

Mama rolled her eyes. "Of course you only missed the horses. You never miss your dear, old mother."

I laughed. "Ma, you're not that old! You're only 44. You've reached your prime."

"Whatever. I'm still old in my eyes," she replied.

We laughed and joked about things before deciding to take the horses out on the trail. It was nice, being on a horse again, feeling the wind in my hair as I sped Apollo up to a gallop. It was liberating, like flying.

Three days later, I was saying goodbye to Mama. "Don't hesitate to come home if you need to, ya hear?" Mama asked firmly.

I smiled. "Mama, I love you, but home is wherever he is now," I replied.

She just smiled at me, a knowing look in her eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(V's pov)

Lately, the anticipation has been building up inside me, becoming stronger everyday that passed because it was one less day until Ana came home. It was November now and the anticipation was reaching it's breaking point. I was so excited, scared, happy, and nervous all at once. For some reason, Ana told us that she couldn't video call us anymore because she didn't want us to see her. I think she did something to her hair, but I wasn't sure. Since the boys and I were taking a break (we were releasing our new album in a week), we had been talking to Ana all the time now. Well, when she wasn't sleeping or going to school of course. 

My feelings for Ana hadn't lessened. They only got stronger. I had another fear, however. I was afraid of the fans. I hope that when they find out about Ana, they'd love her, but I knew not every fan would. Many fans would hate her because of our relationship and would say very mean things to her. I didn't want that for her, but I could only hope Ana was the kind of person who didn't care about the haters. Because there was no shortage of people out there who hated me.

 

Okay, so this one is pretty short, but I'm going to try to make the next one longer. I know that the time span in this chapter was weird, but I couldn't help it. Anyway, hope everyone liked it. Comment, subscribe and all that jazz. Thanks!

xx Panda :)