Chapter Four

When I See You Again

I shot a glare at the mirror in the bathroom. It's been two weeks since I started my internship and a week since I moved into my new apartment. In those two weeks, my hair color has faded even more, starting to show a lot of my natural dark, almost black, hair. Running my fingers through it, I sighed. "So, should I go pink, blue, blonde or brown?" I asked, glancing at Eiji, who sat on the sink counter next to me. We stared at each other before Eiji suddenly started to the top of his leg. "Mm, you're no help. Of course, you're a cat, so you shouldn't be much help. If you were, that'd be a little weird." I paused. "I think I'll dye it pink!" I exclaimed with a smile, startling Eiji. He jumped down off the counter and walked into the adjoined bedroom. It was Friday afternoon, and I had only just left BigHit an hour ago, but if I wanted to show off my new hair color to the boys on Monday, I knew I needed to get it dyed today.

I walked into the bedroom and over to my closet, which was big enough to house all the clothes I brought over here with me and still have plenty more room. I grabbed a pair of faded blue jeans, a dark grey sweater that said, 'Sweater weather is better weather' in white, and a pair of black suede tomboy boots. After putting on a grey beanie, I grabbed my purse, said goodbye to my cats, and headed out the door. It took me fifteen minutes to walk to the nearest hair salon, and it was another fifteen minutes before I was brought to a chair.

"What would you like done today?" The stylist asked.

"I'd like my hair dyed a cotton candy pink, similar to this," I said, showing her a picture of the shade I wanted on my phone. She nodded and left to the store room to get the supplies.

I don't know how long it took to dye my hair, but by the time it was done, my was very numb. It all cost about 85 USD to have it done, which was actually pretty cheap since I got it done professionally, but I wasn't complaining. I internally squealed when I saw myself in the mirror.

I really loved the pink color. I thought it brought out the blue in my eyes more. After I thanked the stylist, I walked out and went to the grocery store. I had been avoiding a big shopping trip until the weekend, only buying little things to cook something up with. Now, I decided to actually stock up. As I was looking at cereal, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Ana?" A familiar voice answered across the line.

I blinked. "Jin?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Yeah. Hi. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you. I'm not, am I?"

I chuckled. "No, just saving me from spending too much money on groceries. What's up? Is something wrong?"

"No, no. Nothing's wrong. It's just, well..." He trailed off. Suddenly, there was static and what sounded like bickering before a different voice came on. "It's Suga. What Jin was trying to say was that tomorrow's our first day off in a while. We were planning on maybe going to see a movie and hang out at the mall or something. We wanted to know if you'd like to join us?"

Deciding to just go with a box of Lucky Charms and Reeses Puffs, I set them in the basket before continuing down the aisle. "Sure. I'd love to. I needed to do some winter shopping anyway. For some reason, I didn't think to pack more than like three sweaters and a couple of jeans. What movie are we seeing?" 

There was some murmuring before he said, "How'd you like to see Sausage Party?"

I bit my lip, holding back a laugh. I'd seen Sausage Party before coming here and just imagining the boys watching it was hilarious. "Yeah. Sounds good. What time am I meeting you there?" 

"We'll pick you up at 10:00 in the morning."

"Ok. I'll be ready then. See you tomorrow," I said before the line went dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh. How is it that I have nothing to wear? I mean, it's not like we're doing anything special. We're literally just seeing a movie, a Rated R one for that. So why do I feel the need to look so cute?" I asked myself as I looked through the shirts in my closet. Groaning, I just grabbed a long sleeved, button down denim shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of brown leather combat boots. "This'll do I guess," I muttered, stripping and putting the clothes on. The only jewelry I wore was a pair of light pink, almost white, colored rose earrings. My hair was straight, my lips were painted a light pink (almost the same shade as my hair), and I just wore some beige eye shadow with winged eyeliner. I nodded impressively at my appearance. I honestly didn't look half bad for a thrown-together look. The doorbell rang, so quickly, I grabbed a light brown scarf and my purse before running to the door.

I opened it and raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Wasn't expecting all of you to come up here."

J-hope grabbed me into an enthusiastic hug. I patted his back slowly a few times before he seemed satisfied and stepped back. "We all decided to come up here to see your new apartment," he said with a blinding smile.

Suga sighed, shaking his head. "Actually, we're here to see your cats."

I laughed before letting them in. "Of course. No one wants to see me, just my cats. I see how it is. Why don't you take them to the movies and mall then?" I teased.

Jungkook smirked. "Doesn't sound like a bad idea," he replied. 

Chuckling, I picked up Eiji, who just happened to stop by to say hello to my guests. "This is Eiji, spelled with the kanji for eternity and next. He was the first one I got. He's six. Say hi," I said. I lifted his paw and shook it up and down in a wave of sorts.

They all stepped closer to give him a pet. Most stepped back, but when Suga went to step away, he meowed and started to struggle. "He probably wants to climb onto your shoulders, but you can just hold him if you want. He's such a spoiled brat."

I dropped Eiji into Suga's arms before walking over to Takara. "This is Takara. She's only six months old and is the newest addition to our family. She's the maknae," I said, winking at Kookie. Said boy walked over and picked her up off the top of the couch where she'd been laying. She bumped her head against his face a few times before settling down in his arms. You could probably hear her purrs from ten feet away. "I think she likes you." Kara seemed to agree with me because she started meowing very loudly, startling the boys. "Yeah. Sorry about that. The thing about Siamese is that they're very loud and opinionated," I stated, kneeling down to pet Yua.

"This is my baby girl. I love her to death. Her name's Yua and she's four. She likes pretty much everyone besides a select few. Funny, the people she usually doesn't like end up hurting me in some way," I said quietly, lost in my thoughts. I shook my head before picking her up. "Jesus, Yua, have you gotten heavier?" I asked. J-hope gathered her from my arms.

". You weren't kidding. This is one big cat," he said, shifting Yua into a more comfortable position. 

I laughed, "She's a Maine Coon. I think they're the largest breed of domestic cats. Don't quote me on that. Be right back, I need to go find the last one." It took about five minutes before I find Koji hiding on top of the fridge. I murmured sweet words to him to coax him closer to me so I could grab him. The boys were content with the other kitties when I walked back into the living room with Koji cradled like a baby. "This guy right here is Koji. He is literally my little one. He was the runt of the litter I believe because he's small for his age. He's ten months. He doesn't take too well to strangers at first but the more he sees of you in my life, the more he'll warm up to you. He only chooses very few people to consider his humans. He doesn't even let my mom hold him," I explained.

V walked over and held his hand close to Koji's face. Hesitantly, Koji sniffed before rubbing his head on V's hand. I looked up, surprised. Our eyes met and suddenly, everything seemed to fade around us. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Then, V looked back down at Koji and the moment was over. "He must have really high standards then if he doesn't like your mom," he muttered loud enough for me to hear before he pulled his hand away and walked to the other boys. "We planning on leaving sometime today?" He asked sarcastically.

I stared after him, repeating his words in my head. If he had such high standards, what does that say about you, V?

---------------------------------------------------

"You've seen this movie, haven't you?" Namjoon asked me from two seats down on my right. Directly to my right sat Suga, Jimin on the other side of Namjoon. Then, to my left it was V, Jungkook and then Jin.

I leaned forward to look at Namjoon. "Yeah, I have. Why?"

"You've said this is your favorite part about three times now," Suga answered him.

I blinked. "Oh. I didn't even realize it. Sorry. I usually say that about ten times throughout any movie I've ever seen."

V chuckled. "It's kind of adorable, really. You might as well just say the entire movie is your favorite part then."

I turned to him. He thinks I'm adorable? "I guess that's one word for it. Most people would use annoying or irritating," I said, frowning. I shook my head before I could start thinking about stuff like that. Best not to dwell too much on the past.

-----------------------------------------------------

By the time I arrived home, it was eight 'o clock. As soon as I walked in the door, I dropped all my bags full of winter clothes and cute shoes, and flopped onto the floor, spread out like a starfish. Today was exhausting; we spent an hour and a half at the movies, two hours eating at one of the parks, and then the rest of the time was spent at the mall. My feet hurt so bad.

All of a sudden, I got a face full of fur as Yua walked onto me. I pushed her down my body slightly, spitting out cat fur, before running my fingers through her long hair. The rest of my babies showed up snuggled with me too. I was so warm and comfortable that I fell right to sleep in the middle of the floor.

------------------------------------------------

(V's pov)

​When Ana opened the door and I got a look at her new hair, I thought my soul left my body. Something stirred within me, something that I really didn't want to think about at the moment, because if I did, there'd be no going back.

When she explained to us that her cat, Koji, didn't take to most people well, not even her mother, I was determined to prove her wrong. So I stepped up and let Koji sniff my hand. I almost fell to my knees in relief when he butted his head against my hand. I felt that if I met Koji's seemingly high standards, then maybe one day, I'd get through to Ana.

When we were watching Sausage Party, I'd let it slip that I found her adorable. Ana had turned to me and I knew that if I could see in the dark, she would be blushing. I don't know what came over me, letting it slip out like that, but it just happened. I certainly don't regret it.

When we were in the mall, she was trying on long-sleeved dresses at this one store. It was just me, Suga, J-hope and Jin with us. Namjoon, Jimin, and Kookie were in a different store looking at... well I didn't really care at the time. The curtain pulled back and she stepped out in a white, knit dress that flared out at the waist and ended at her knees. My heart skipped a beat. 

When we dropped Ana off at her building, she turned and grinned at us before she got out of the van. I wanted to hug her then. I wanted to kiss her then.

When we were back at our dorm, I was laying on my bed, trying to read something on my phone. I read the same line at least ten times before I came to a sudden realization.

I was in love with Anastasia Summers.

I'm sorry that it was really short... and kind of awkward and nothing really happened :/ Anyway, comment, subscribe, whatever :)

xx Panda :)