Chapter Eight

When I See You Again

Ana's POV

I exhaled, feeling jittery and annoyed. Within the next few hours, I'd be on a plane back to my boys. Right now, I was stuck in a classroom full of 40 other people taking the Final Exam. I'd already finished more than a half-hour ago but the Professor wouldn't let us leave until we were all done. My leg was bouncing up and down as I watched the clock.

When someone beside me cleared their throat, I glanced over to see the girl a chair over from me giving me the evil eye. I raised an eyebrow and she pointedly looked at my bouncing leg and then back up to me. I rolled my eyes and turned back to the clock, but stopped with the bouncing. Deciding I needed to relax, I closed my eyes and thought of them, the boys, the ones who made my life worth living, the ones who pulled me out of the pit of self-pity and depression I'd created. I imagined their reaction when I arrived at the airport. Jungkook and Suga would hug me so tight, I wouldn't be able to breathe. Namjoon would act awkward until I'd pull him into a hug. Jin would smooth my hair and smile like a mother would do, saying "welcome home." Hobi would scoop me up and spin me around while laughing. And lastly... My eyebrows furrowed. What would Tae do? We hadn't talked in so long. Would be hug me tight like Yoongi and Kookie? Would he walk up to me, eyes filled with relief and love, and kiss me softly? Did he still love me like I loved him? Did thinking of me make him long to be wrapped in my arms? Did looking at a picture of me from my time there make his heart skip a beat? Did remembering my voice make him breathless?

When I came back into focus, thirty minutes had passed and people were finally packing up. Quickly, I grabbed my backpack and rushed out of there, practically sprinting out the doors and to my car. If I went over the speed limit driving home, nobody needed to know. When I got home, I packed the rest of my toiletries and anything else I'd missed and took the suitcases out to the car. Then, I came back inside and put my kitties into their travel carriers and placed them in the car too. When I stepped back into the empty apartment, I glanced around, trying to remember the times I spent here but there wasn't anything worth remembering. This was just a temporary home. I stepped back outside and locked the door, placing the key in an envelope, then the envelope into the mailbox on the wall beside the door for the realtors to come pick up.

As I drove away, I didn't look back once.

(Time skip)

I glared at the person across the aisle from me, sleeping away like nothing was wrong. Like he didn't have any worries. I'd been on this plane for five hours and I was already eager to get off. This was a 13 hour flight though, since I flew from Reagan National Airport to LAX and then now I'm on the plane to Seoul, South Korea, where my boys would be waiting for me. It was midnight, but I couldn't sleep, not because I was on a plane but because of all the feeling's inside me: excitement, anticipation, nervousness, dread, happiness.

I'd already tried listening to music but I'd put my playlist on shuffle and a BTS song came on and made me cry, so that had been a bust. Out of the three books I brought, I'd finished the longest one which was 531 pages. So, deciding that I needed another distraction, I grabbed my brand new tablet (the other cracked) and clicked on my video app. I'd downloaded all the seasons of Teen Wolf, one of my favorite shows. I'd already watched it all, but I decided to rewatch Season 3 because it was the best. I started nodding off after watching four episodes so I put my tablet in the pocket of the chair in front of me and grabbed the complimentary blanket and draped myself in it, curling up in my seat. I was out after a few minutes.

(Another time skip)

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have landed at Incheon International Airport. We thank you for choosing us. Have a good day," the pilot said over the speakers. People stood and began stretching. I quickly grabbed my backpack beside me and fast-walked off the plane. I didn't have to wait for others to get off since I rode first class. When I walked through the door into the airport, I breathed out a breath of relief. I was finally home. Now to find my boys. I walked to the area where people could wait for those arriving. When I got there, the crowd was huge. I pushed my way through all the while looking out for seven boys who most likely had bodyguards inconspicuously surrounding them. The crowd was start to diminish and so were my hopes. Where were they? I sat down on a chair near a big window over looking the runway. I placed my head in my hands and held back the tears I could feel gathering at the back of my eyes. And then I heard it.

"Ana? Has anyone seen a girl with pink hair?" I glanced up and there they were. Hobi was the one asking people still standing around if they'd seen me.

I stood and raced over, my face lit up with a big grin. "Guys!" I yelled. They turned just as I bowled over them. Arms fumbled, trying to keep everyone standing. I'd just recovered when I was pulled back by a hand on my shoulder. I turned and a big, burly guy stood behind me. I gulped nervously.

"You need to leave miss. The fans are waiting outside to see these boys," he started to drag me away, but I looked back at my boys frantically.

They gasped and ran towards us. "Wait! Stop, we know her!" Jungkook yelled at the security guard. We stopped walking and I was gathered in another set of arms.

I pulled back and saw it was Jin. I grinned and leaned back in to return the hug. "Oh god. Jin... I missed you so much," I cried.

I was then taken by Hobi who, like I knew he would, spun me around. I laughed and grabbed him tighter. After that, Yoongi crushed me with a bear hug. I finally started crying while hugging him, the tears falling fast and hard. "Ana... It's so, so great to see you again. I missed you."

The process was repeated with Jungkook. Like I knew Namjoon would, he stood around awkwardly until I grabbed him and hugged him hard. "Hey there Namjoonie. I hope these boys didn't give you too much trouble right?" I leaned back to look at him. He shook his head with a laugh.

A throat cleared again and time seemed to slow down as I turned and then there he was. His hair was dyed a golden brown for their new comeback which was coming out in a few days (A/N: I know that Spring Day and Not Today came out in February ((Not Today was released on my birthday here on the 19th. But it was obviously the 20th in Korea. It was the 19th for me though.)) I decided to change the date to the middle of December.) He wore a tan trench coat over a red sweater and black jeans and had black boots on. He looked so handsome... and then he smiled and suddenly everything became crystal clear and I took off, running the small distance before I jumped up wrapping my arms and legs around him. He caught me and managed to not fall. When he chuckled, it caused me to shiver as his breath ran down my neck. I stuffed my face into his own heck and inhaled, breathing in his scent. I started crying all over again and listened as Tae whispered calming words in my ear, telling me that everything was fine because I was finally home and with him again. I managed to calm down after a few minutes and pulled away, wiping my tear tracks with the back of my hand.

I stepped up onto my tip-toes and kissed his cheek for a few seconds before I turned to the other members who had gathered closer to us.

Jin reached out and touched my hair. "Well now we know why you wouldn't video chat with us. Is this your natural hair color?" He asked.

I nodded and reached up to pull a strand of it lightly. "It's longer now too. When you left it was above your shoulders. Now it's almost passed your shoulder blades," Yoongi observed.

A hand grabbed mine and intertwined our fingers, squeezing lightly. I didn't have to look to know it was Tae. I squeezed back. "I think I like this color the best," Tae said.

"Let's go to get your luggage," Namjoon said, reminding all of us that we were still in the airport.

We started walking to the baggage claim and sat to wait for luggage belt to start moving. In the mean time, we caught up a bit. It had been a few weeks since I had talked to any of them. Their new music video "Spring Day" would be coming out in two days and then a week later, "Not Today" would be released. I hadn't listened to the album even though it was out. I didn't want to spoil either song for myself.

"How were your exams? Did you make good grades?" Jin asked, giving me a stern look.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yes, Mom. But in all seriousness, I made all A's on my exams. Actually, I graduated in the Top 10 of my class," I said, smiling proudly.

Everyone congratulated me before the beeping of the luggage belt began. It took about ten minutes for me two get my suitcases. Then, I had to go to a special place to pick up my cats. My poor babies were probably stiff and ready to be free of their travel cages.

Within the hour, we arrived at my apartment. It was just like I'd left it except cleaned. I'd hired a maid to come every week to dust and air out the apartment. All the boys had either a suitcase or a cat carrier. They wouldn't let me hold anything except my backpack and purse. Jin, Yoongi and Namjoon set the cat carriers on the floor and opened them. Immediately, the cats sprinted out and went around butting their heads against us and the furniture to establish their scent. 

I picked Yua up and scratched her behind the ear, apologizing for keeping her on the plane for so long. She started purring, rubbing her face against my cheek. I smiled and set her back down before getting the boys' attention. "Want to go grocery shopping?" I asked with a smile. They nodded and we all headed out, walking the few blocks to the grocery store.

The next hour was spent laughing as I watched the boys run around having fun. The cart was filled to the brim by the time we got to the register. The cashier gave me a weird look so all I did was raise an eyebrow as if to say, "Yeah, I'm fat, so what?" The total was a more than I'd ever spent buying food and I turned to give the seven of them a glare, since half of it was stuff they picked out. They tried to look innocent but as soon as one started laughing, they all did and soon I was too. I felt whole again, being with these beautiful boys. I couldn't imagine my life without any of them and I thank my lucky stars everyday that I met them.

OH MY LORD. Ok. I just want to apologize for not having updated this in so long. I have ADHD and I haven't taken my meds in a while so I got distracted and when I came back to this, I realized I had major writer's block. I ended up taking my meds today and suddenly, I was on a roll and this is the result. Hope y'all like it