Chapter Five

When I See You Again

Slowly, I drifted into consciousness, feeling warm and so very soft. I smiled and stretched. Wait. Warm and soft? I shot up, looking around. I was laying in my bed. But how? I remember falling asleep on the floor? Maybe I woke up and came in here and I just don't remember. Or I slept walked. I've been known to do that.

As I started waking up some more, I noticed how hot I was. I was drenched in sweat and under three layers of blankets. My head was pounding, my throat was itchy. I was sick! Oh no. No no no. I couldn't be sick. I had work! I mean, yeah, I wasn't scheduled for anything today, but the boys were expecting me. I glanced at the clock. Holy ! It was 10:15. Oh god I was so late.

I stumbled out of bed and almost immediately regretted it once my vision swam in all sorts of colors, knocking me off balance. I hated being dizzy. Slowly, I stood and was on my way to my bathroom when there was a knock of my door. Eyeing it warily, I slowly walked over and pulled the door open a crack.

A sigh. "Ana? It's Jin."

Sighing in relief, I opened the door fully. "What are you doing here?! I'm so sorry I didn't come into work. I don't know what happened. I guess I slept through my alarm-" I was cut off by a sudden coughing fit.

Jin clucked his tongue. "You should be in bed. You have a fever of 38 degrees." I ignored him, muttering about losing my internship, stumbling into my bathroom.

I was pulled back by my arm. "Don't you even think about it. I've already called Mr. Lee and informed him of your situation. You're not to come in until you're feeling one hundred percent better," Jin explained, leading me to the bed.

"But, Jin, why are you here? Shouldn't you be getting ready for your comeback?" I asked, worried he would get in trouble.

He waved me off. "The boys and I begged for a half day since our comeback came out at 12:00 this morning. We waited thirty minutes for you to get to work but when you didn't arrive, the boys (with our manager's consent) sent me over here. You were asleep on the floor-"

I interrupted him. "How did you get in my apartment?"

Jin smiled. "You let me in. You don't remember? You tried laying back down on the floor to cuddle with your cats but I dragged you into your bed."

"I've been known to be asleep but act completely awake. So, your new music video came out today?" I asked, suddenly feeling eager. I ignored the urge to cough. When Jin nodded, I asked him to grab my laptop for me.

He shook his head. "I've been told that you are not to watch the music video or any of our live stages or interviews until a few days from now."

"What?!" I yelled. Jin winced. "So, you are asking me, a huge fan of BTS, to not watch the one thing I've been looking forward to for the passed few months? Are you crazy?" I snapped.

Jin smiled wryly. "I'm sorry. We want to do any experiment of sorts. You're kind of our test subject."

I refrained from rolling my eyes. "You guys are now my least favorite people in the world!" I yelled, causing another coughing fit. When it was finished, I groaned miserably. "Did you give me any medicine yet?" I asked.

His eyes widened. "That's right! I completely forgot. Give me a minute," he said, walking out of my room.

A minute later, he walked back in with a Tylenol and some water. "Here. I had to go to the drug store down the street for some medicine and soup."

I smiled, swallowing the pill. "Thanks Jin."

He nodded and pulled my desk chair up to the bedside. "On a more serious note, can I ask you something?"

My brows furrowed in confusion but I nodded. "Yeah, sure. Ask away."

"Why don't you ever talk about your friends back home?" Jin asked hesitantly, as if sensing that this would be a sore subject.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't have any friends back home."

"Why?" He questioned softly.

"Almost a year ago, my best friend was hit by a drunk driver who was driving on the wrong side of the road. She didn't even make it to the hospital. I had other friends but they didn't understand what I was feeling. They kept telling me that I should stop mourning over her, that I was throwing my life away. That I was neglecting them and my boyfriend at the time. But, Jin, I couldn't get over it. Madison had been my best friend since we were six years old. It was actually funny; we joked that we were fated to be together forever because we met when I lived in Japan. A year later, I moved back to the States and one day, we bumped into each other. We grew up together. We were inseparable. We even went to the same college just so we could continue being together. And suddenly, she just wasn't there. She would no longer sneak into my window at night to cuddle me because she was lonely and missing me. She would no longer call me at three in the morning when she couldn't sleep so I could sing to her. She would no longer call me her stupid pet names she gave me. I always complained that I hated them, but really, I loved them just because they were our pet names. I couldn't stop mourning her, so eventually, they left me. All of them. And then, I slowly started to get better. I was eating more and going out more and focusing on my studies and my boyfriend. Sure, I still cried over Maddie on those nights when all I wanted was to see her, wrap my arms around her. But I was getting better. One day, I went over to my boyfriend's house to surprise him since it was his birthday. I walked in to find him making out with one of my friends on the couch. I threw the cake at them and stormed out. Ever since then, I haven't had the urge to make any more friends," I explained, tears rolling down my face. I sniffled and wiped them away.

I glanced over at Jin and saw even he was crying. "Oh, Jin. Please don't cry. I'm okay now. Really. I have you guys now," I whispered, reaching over and pulling him into a hug.

He laughed, wiping his tears away. "I'm the one who's supposed to be comforting you. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that. But, you're right. You do have us and we'll never betray you or leave you. I'm just happy that you decided to let us in."

I pulled away. "Yeah, well, you must have some kind of super power because its very easy to talk to you."

"Why do you think I'm the 'eomma' of BTS? It's also kind of my job as the oldest to take care of my dongsaengs," Jin replied.

"When will the other boys get here?" I asked curiously.

Jin looked at my alarm clock and said, "They should be here in about 45 minutes. You can come lay on the couch and we can watch a movie until then, if you want."

I grinned. "Yeah. We can watch Civil War. I bought it the other day."

He gasped. "You bought Civil War? Oh man. We'll probably have to restart it once the others get here. Jungkook would be hurt if we didn't."

I slid out of bed, taking my blankets and pillow with me like a good little girl. "That's fine. I saw the movie three times in the theaters back home and watched the DVD the other day."

As I settled on the couch, Jin walked over to the flat screen in front of us, bending down to the Blue-ray player. "I never got to see it since we were too busy," Jin said.

I never took the disc out of the player so all Jin had to do was click play. He sat at the end of the couch I was laying on, grabbing my feet and plopping them into his lap. I snuggled into my blankets with a smile. I missed having friends.

---------------------------------------------------------

(V's pov)

​When we got to Ana's apartment, the door was unlocked. I frowned and opened it. As we all filed into the spacious room, we were met with the sight of Ana and Jin on the couch watching... Civil War.

"Hey!" Jungkook protested. "Jin, I can't believe you. How dare you start watching Civil War without me!" He ran over and sat on the floor in front of Jin. I followed and sat on the floor in front of Ana. 

She smiled when she saw me. "Hey," she greeted, coughing a few times.

"I was going to ask how you were feeling, but I guess I have my answer," I replied. 

Ana grabbed the remote and started the movie over as we all took our seats. Yoongi and Jimin were sharing one of the two love seats while Namjoon and J-hope shared the other.

A few hours later, the movie ended and we all started talking at once. Our discussion lasted a while and when I glanced behind me at Ana, she was watching us with a fond, yet sad smile on her face. It wasn't the first time I wondered what she was thinking about.

"I can't believe Iron Man betrayed Captain America," J-hope bravely said.

Jungkook went rigid. "Well, if Steve had just told him about his parents, he wouldn't have had to betray him."

"Steve was trying to protect him! As a friend, he didn't want to see his other friend hurt. I thought it was noble of him," Hobi said back.

Ana spoke up. "But it's alright in the end. Tony read Steve's letter and I believe that, deep down, he understood that Steve didn't mean to betray his trust. Tony will find it in himself to forgive Steve because they're friends and that's what friends do. They don't want to lose the other," she explained, a saddened, pained look in her eyes. She smiled but I noticed it didn't quite reach her eyes. "I have to say though. I really like this new Spiderman. He's closer to the comic book Spiderman than the others were."

I chuckled. Ana was a total nerd. She liked anime, comic books, was tech savvy, the whole package. She was a really attractive nerd, though. If I didn't know her, I'd say she looked like a cheerleader or just someone who would be part of the popular crowd.

Jin got up and walked to the kitchen, probably to make Ana some soup. "So, did Jin tell you your instruction pertaining to our comeback?" Namjoon asked.

Ana pouted, narrowing her eyes. "Yes, and I can't believe you guys. You're so mean, making me wait. What do you plan to do with me anyway?"

"Well, we know that a lot of fans record their reactions and post them on YouTube. We want to record you and put you on YouTube, but also just watch your reaction ourselves. We won't be in the room, but there will of course be a camera," he explained.

She sighed. "Fine. I hate waiting, but I've waited months, I guess I can wait a little longer." Yua suddenly jumped onto the arm of the couch, planting her on Ana's head. We all laughed, finding the sight hilarious. Ana glared at us as she picked Yua up and set her on her stomach. She grumbled something in another language so we wouldn't understand, but I assumed it was something about 'stupid Korean boys and cute cats ganging up on me.'

"What language is that?" Jungkook asked.

"It's Italian. It was the third language I learned to speak fluently, after English and Japanese. I lived in Italy for three years," Ana replied.

"Tell us about your life," J-hope suggested.

Ana smiled. "Alright. Well, I was born in ia Beach, ia. When I was around one year old, we moved to Japan. We lived there for six years until my parents divorced and my mom and I moved back to the U.S. We lived in Washington for a year and then we moved back to ia Beach. When I was twelve, my mom and I moved to Italy for her job. We moved back to ia Beach when I was fifteen. I graduated high school a year early and got into Georgetown University at the age of seventeen. Now, I'm a junior in college." She finished her story and I sat in awe. This girl was so amazing: smart, beautiful, talented, cultured, funny, nerdy. Even her flaws were amazing. She had a big, dark brown birthmark on the side of her right arm. Ana was covered in freckles, but they were obnoxiously red or orange, but a brown color instead. She had a habit of biting her fingernails but the more time she spent in Korea, the less she seemed to do it. We knew she had ADHD, which is why she didn't have very many friends. She was allergic to citric acid and tree nuts, so she couldn't eat lemons, oranges, limes, pineapple (which she loved), and nuts like walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts. She didn't eat fish or a lot of green veggies, and she had a huge sweet tooth that never seemed to be satisfied. Her favorite color was blue but she also loved grey. Her favorite number was three. I knew all of this, but there was still so much of her that I didn't know. I did, however, know that she was hiding something from us, something that happened in her past. That was okay; she would tell us when she was ready, if she was ever going to be ready.

Jin came back, handing Ana her soup. As she started eating, Yoongi asked a question that all of us had wondered but didn't dare think about. "Emi (Yoongi and Jimin were the only ones who called her that), when you leave in a few months, will you miss us? Will we ever even see you again?"

Her jaw dropped, her expression incredulous. "Of course! I'll miss you guys more than you'll ever know. And we'll see each other again if I have anything to do about it. Closer to the time I leave, I wish to speak with Mr. Lee about maybe coming back to work for BigHit after I graduate and earn my degree."

"How long will that take?" I asked, picking at the hem of my shirt.

Ana hummed in thought. "Well, I start my senior year in April, a few weeks after I arrive back in the States. I should graduate this time next year I believe. So, if I do get the job at BigHit, expect me around November or December. And I know you all will be busy, but you can keep up with me on Instagram and maybe we can video chat sometime. It'll be difficult since there's a thirteen hour time difference, but I'm sure we'll make it work somehow. I promise," she finished, tears swimming in her eyes. I noticed Jin eyeing her thoughtfully, his eyes sad. I blinked. She must've told him something. I didn't blame her. He had that aura about him that caused people to open up to him about their problems.

I just wished there was something I could do.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Ana's pov)

It had been five days. Five. Days. Five days ago, BTS released their stupid Blood, Sweat, and Tears music video and I was probably the only BTS stan who hadn't seen it already. It was killing me, the suspense. I knew I was going to see it today. Today, my reaction would be recorded. Apparently, not only were they going to record my reaction to their music video, but also my reaction to the comeback stage on Mnet. Lord help me.

Because thousands of people could potentially view my reaction video, I decided I needed to get dolled up. I was dressed in a white, zip-up, studded bra top that stopped about two inches below my my s, black high-waisted jeans, a white jean jacket, black platform sandals, and cute pearl earrings that had sterling silver kitty ears on the top to make them look like cat heads. My hair was up in a braided ballerina bun while my makeup was simplistic. At first, I had been worried about a few inches of bare skin showing on my mid-riff, but my belly button was covered and so were my s, so I stopped worrying.

Currently, I was walking into the boys' designated room where they often chilled. They all looked up at me and I watched as their eyes got big and their jaws dropped. I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked, walking over to a couch currently being occupied by Hobi and Yoongi, sitting between them.

They seemed to snap out of it. "Nothing," Jungkook replied, going back to the Just Dance K-pop edition displayed on the very large flat screen. They were dancing to Something by Girl's Day and Jungkook was winning by a few hundred points.

"So, are you excited to finally be watching our video?" Jin asked.

I crossed my arms. "I noticed that you guys recorded a Bangtan Bomb of you all reacting to it. I hate all of you, watching it before I did," I said, pouting.

Namjoon stood and walked over to me. "If you're ready, you can follow me to the room where you'll be recorded."

I stood. "You sounded so... official just now. But yeah, let's go. I don't want to wait any longer or I might just die of anticipation," I replied, following Namjoon out of the room and down the hall to a room a few doors down.

There was a table with a laptop on it, a single chair placed against the grey padded wall. A tripod was set up across from the chair in front of the table. As soon as I sat down, Namjoon left, but not before saying, "That remote laying by the laptop has a button that starts the recording. Remember Ana, just be yourself. React how you would normally react."

That would be no problem. Whenever I watch a music video for the first time, I get really into it and sort of forget what's going on around me.

I took a deep, steadying breath before clicking the red 'record' button. "Hello guys! My name is Anastasia and this is my first ever reaction video. I'll be reacting to BTS's Blood, Sweat, and Tears MV, which I'm so excited about since I was told I had to wait a few days. After this, I'll also be recording another reaction to their Comeback stages on Mnet so look forward to those as well. Anyway, here we go. 3,2,1 play." 

The music video started with the opening scene of them in the museum. "Wow. This place is beautiful. Aw, poor Jimin being slapped by Yoongi. Such a nice hyung. But, why the hell is he riding a bike? Isn't that Jungkook's thing? Nice acting. Damn, they all look so good here. Oh, here's the scene from the teaser." Then, the music started. "Holy . Guys, stop looking all, sensual please. I don't think my heart can take it." My heart really was pounding. "Wow. The aesthetics in this video are just so on point. It's amazing. The budget for this video must've been expensive as hell." Since this was for the boys, I wasn't speaking in English because I wanted them to understand what I was saying. I'll just have to add English subtitles to the video. "Nice rapping of course. Loving Rap Monster's new haircut. And seriously Rap Monster, peaches and cream. Do you even know what that means? This song is so ual." I laughed. "And what is up with him and drinking weird concoctions. Absinthe can't taste very nice. Poor Namjoon. Oh, J-hope.. wow he looks handsome. OH MY GOD!" I screamed, grabbing the sides of my face. "Taehyung! Who gave you the right to look this hot!" I started ranting in Italian, Japanese, and English, alternating between them. I do that a lot when my emotions are jumbled. "And you Kookie! You are, like, twelve, you should not be smiling sensually." I screamed again when he on his finger. "Jesus Christ, these boys. Oh my god, I still have four minutes left. Damn, this beat is really nice. Sounds like... reggae maybe? It has that kind of- GOD!" I yelled again, slamming the space bar to pause the video. I dragged my hands down my face, making sobbing noises. "They just . Oh my gosh. Guys, I just paused the video. I've never done that before. I'm actually crying right now. I've been tearing up since the beginning of the video, but I've reached my breaking point. Ok, starting again." I pressed the space bar. "Kookie! Stop it. Ok... chorus is over. I think I'll be okay now. Dancing is of course on point, as always. I would expect nothing less. Why did Hobi shoot my bias? I feel like I should be mad, but he deserves every bit of it since he looks so good I could die right now. Jimin, put your jacket back on right now. You're showing too much skin. Ohhh my god. Tae, get away from the camera. You're not allowed to be the center anymore." I stated, patting my burning cheeks. I was blushing hardcore. "Wow, this filter is really nice. I can definitely say that this is J-hope's era. He is killing these lines, and murdering this dance right now. , Tae under that sheet. I'm slightly jealous and most definitely having a heart attack. Put your tongue back in your damn mouth and keep it there, boy! Jesus! He looks so good with blonde hair and blue eyes though, not gonna lie. Jungkook's position when he's floating looks extremely uncomfortable, poor baby was probably sore afterwards. We get it, Namjoon, you vape. Ooo, this is really . Suga tying the blindfold around Jimin, Yoonmin confirmed." This statement made me laugh because I knew these boys now and even though I knew their relationships were simply platonic, I still shipped their bromances. I was a big fan of Yoonmin, Sugakookie, Vkook, and Taegi. "We've got another narration from Rapmon. And... wow. Suga playing the organ. It's beautiful and mysterious. I'm seriously loving this video. Props to all the set designers, stylists, directors, song writers and producers. This is goals." I watched as Taehyung stayed behind with Jin. "What's happening here? Oh! Wow. That's so weird. You kiss that statue Jin. Making all the Jin stans jealous, I'm sure." I gasped. "Those are V's wings? And... HOW DARE YOU?!" I yelled at the image of smirking V. "How can someone be so hot and cute at the same time~" I whined. The end of the video came. "So, does Jin's face cracking represent his innocence and naivety to sin and seduction being destroyed? I guess I'll just have to watch theory videos for the next few days." I was so confused. What the hell was the video about? Why did V have wings...? Why did Jin kiss the statue? Why was V wearing pajamas? Just why?!

After I watched the live performances, I walked back into the room and plopped down in the same spot as last time with a sigh. I leaned my head onto the back of the couch and looked up at the ceiling. I ignored all the boys' inquiries, too shocked to even think of anything. "Holy ," I whispered just as there was a knock on the door. Namjoon opened it, revealing one of the tech people. They exchanged a few words before the tech guy left.

"They uploaded her reactions on YouTube. So, now we can watch them," he stated, clicking a few buttons on the remote. I snapped back to reality and brought my knees up, hugging them to my chest. All the members settled in to watch my embarrassing videos. 

"To answer your question, yes I know what peaches and cream means," Namjoon said before going back to watching.

"OH MY GOD!" The me on the screen yelled. I blushed, hiding my face in my hands. "Taehyung, who gave you the right to look this hot?!" .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(V's pov)

​"Taehyung, who gave you the right to look this hot?!" The Ana on the screen snapped, looking as if she was about to have a mental breakdown, which she did, spouting words in languages I didn't understand for the next ten seconds. I'll have to ask what she was saying after this. I tuned back in as she called Jungkook a twelve year old. I didn't understand. Jungkook was 19... not twelve. I didn't get it.

When the first chorus started, I glanced over at Ana and noticed she had her face stuffed in a pillow. I looked back at the screen right as she yelled and slammed her hand on the space bar at the crotch grabbing. The boys and I all laughed. I snickered when Ana said that she should be okay since the chorus was over. Doubtful with the way she's been reacting so far. "Ohhh my god. Tae, get away from the camera. You're not allowed to be in the center anymore." Jungkook and Jimin busted out laughing, pointing fingers at me. I glared. At least I was Ana's bias. I grinned when Ana screamed that I needed to keep my tongue in my mouth. It was a habit, so I couldn't help it most of the time, but it was nice to know it affected her so much. Once again, I was confused. Yoonmin? Is that one of those.. ships or whatever they were called?

Ana seemed calm now, talking about Jin making fan's jealous by kissing the statue. So, when she yelled, "HOW DARE YOU?!" we all jumped. "How can someone be so hot and cute at the same time?" She asked pitifully, making me grin.

When the video was over, we all clapped, making Ana burrow even more into the pillow. Anymore of that and she'd become the pillow.

We watched the live performance reactions next. She screamed when the camera man zoomed in really close to our crotches... which happened, like, three times. She danced in her seat a lot for Am I Wrong? but her favorite seemed to be 21st Century Girls. She raved about how much fun we seemed to be having and how happy we looked. She kept mentioning how happy Yoongi was, which brought a soft smile onto his face. It made me really warm inside to see him getting along really well with someone other than us. 

Ana lifted the pillow from her face during 21st Century Girls, but her nose was scrunched up the whole time she watched herself. It was really cute. She was really cute. I bit my lip. She makes it so easy to fall in love with her.

The videos were over and we all looked at her. She sighed. "Raise your hands before asking your question. I'll pick you one at a time," she said. She picked Jungkook first.

"What did you mean when you said I'm twelve?" He asked.

Ana chuckled. "Well, in America, when we say someone is twelve, even when they are clearly not, it's because we have this image of you being innocent and naive. SO, when I called you twelve it was because you suddenly went from this seemingly innocent boy to this not so innocent man. It was surprising."

She called on Yoongi next. "What is Yoonmin?"

She pursed her lips, clearly holding back laughter. "Fans like to 'ship' you guys, meaning they like you guys in relationships. Whether it be like you're dating, or a bromance. Yoonmin is the ship name for Yoongi and Jimin. I used to like to think you guys were in actual relationships with each other, but it changed into bromance shipping. My first ship was Sugakookie, so I'm still loyal to that ship. I also ship Vkook, Taegi, and Namjin (which is arguably the biggest BTS ship along with Vkook and Jikook)." She went on to explain the two people in each of those ships. The fact that fans 'shipped' us, even romantically, didn't bother me in the slightest. I mean, Yoongi liked both guys and girls and Jungkook believed he preferred guys but wasn't completely sure. It made sense, these ships. These guys are my best friends, my family, and we're really close. It's okay that the fans liked to mistake the closeness for something else.

I raised my hand. "Yes, Tae?" I bit back a smile at the pet name.

"Well... you started speaking in different languages. I know you spoke Japanese but it was too fast for me to interpret. So my question is: what languages were you speaking and what did you say?" The boys hummed, apparently wondering the same thing.

She blushed. "Well, at first I was speaking in Italian. I said, 'what happened to the cute boy that dressed up in ladybug costumes?' Then I spoke Japanese and said, 'I don't think I can take anymore of blonde-haired, blue-eyed Taehyung caressing silky sheets and and biting his lips.' Lastly I spoke in English. 'This is almost as bad as that... y complilation I watched where it was pretty much just videos of him body rolling, biting his lips, and sticking his tongue out. Stupid tongue, stupid lips, stupid everything. My heart hurts.' Then I said something that I will keep to myself," she said with a wry smile.

It was nice to know that I was her bias; she thought I was y and cute. It made things a lot easier. See, I knew she was leaving in six months, but I was planning on making the most of it. I was going to get my girl. But first... I had to talk to my members.

 

Ooo. Tae is planning something. I wonder what it is? Really, because I don't even know what he's planning. I'm literally writing this as I go lol. Anyway, leave a comment or whatever. If you want to see something happen or would just like to share your thoughts, you're welcome to.

xx Panda :)