Chapter Two

When I See You Again

(V's pov; two months later)

When I walked into my room, Jimin was already sprawled on his bed, scrolling through his phone. "Figured you'd be passed out already," I said quietly, so I wouldn't disrupt him too much.

"Nah. I know we've been working so hard on this comeback, but I'm not really tired right now," Jimin replied, just as Jungkook walked in, setting his bag on his bed.

I sat down on my bed with a sigh. It's been two months since I last saw Anastasia, but I just couldn't forget her. I don't remember a lot of fans' faces unless I saw them all the time at all our concerts, fanmeets, et cetera. However, I remembered her face so well, even though I only knew her for about five minutes.

"Tae, don't tell me you're still thinking about that girl," Jimin said, raising up on his elbows to look at me.

I closed my eyes. "That girl's name is Anastasia, and so what if I am?"

Jungkook hopped into my bed and squeezed my cheeks. "Aww. Does hyung have a crush?" He asks in a sickly sweet voice.

I shoved his hand away before flicking him in the middle of his forehead. "Shut up, Kookie. I'll forget her soon enough and she'll just become another fan in the crowd. Don't worry. It's just a passing infatuation." Right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ana's pov)

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached Incheon International Airport. Thanks for flying with us and we hope to see you again!" The pilots voice said overhead.

I waited for most people to get off the plane before standing and grabbing my carry on.

"Enjoy your time in Korea. Thanks for flying with us," the flight attendent said cheerfully. 

I smiled and nodded before exiting the plane. I couldn't believe I was here South Korea. This is a dream come true, I thought as I walked towards baggage claim. Once I had all of my luggage, I walked outside and hailed a taxi.

"Where are you headed?"

I showed him the address and sat back, pulling my Ipod out and clicking on my kpop playlist. The first song to pop up was Ailee's Sakura. Closing my eyes, I drifted away listening to my queen's vocals.

When the taxi driver shook my knee to wake me up, telling me that we had arrived, the song playing through my headphones was BTS's Spinebreaker. As I paid the fare and got out to grab my luggage, I sang along.

"Excuse me Miss, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you have a beautiful voice," the taxi driver said.

I blushed and bowed. "Thank you very much, Mister. For that and getting me here. Have a nice day," I said, waving before running into the hotel I was staying at.  

The lady at the front desk tried speaking English when she saw me but I helped her out by just speaking in her native tongue. She was very surprised by how well I could talk. "Your room has two queen sized beds, a tv with over a thousand channels, and a balcony with a breathtaking view of Seoul. Your room number is 1021 on the tenth floor. Thank you for staying with us and have a nice day."

"You as well, Ma'am."

When I opened the door to my room, I couldn't help but gasp. The furniture was ebony wood with beige and white accents. One wall was a dark beige while the other was light and dark beige and striped. Under the crown molding, it was painted a very dark grey. Along the striped wall was a long white curved shelf that held the huge flat screen tv. "Wow..." I whispered, setting my luggage down on the bed closest to the door. I walked into the bathroom and squealed. There was a shower with three different shower heads. "Did I suddenly die and go to heaven?" I said to the empty room.

As I walked back into the bedroom, I remembered why I was in Seoul in the first place. I headed over to my entertainment luggage and pulled out a manila envelope. I opened it up and pulled out the papers.

I read through them carefully. Basically, I was here for an internship for six months to help further my degree. They already got me an internship at some place that I didn't really care about. I flopped back on my bed. Wow. Six months, huh? I was going to be in South Korea for six months. I wonder why they sent me to Korea though. I mean, yeah, I speak Korean fluently, but that wasn't my degree.

Turning my head to look at the time, I saw it was already 6:00 pm so I decided to go get some food. I was going to have my first authentic Korean dish. There was a Korean restaurant only two blocks from the hotel so I ate there. I ended up ordering two things I'd always wanted to try: Pork Bulgogi and Bibimbap. And holy was it delicious. I even ordered more to take back with me to eat later.

The rest of the night was spent watching tv. Dream High 2 was on one of the channels so I watched that since I hadn't watched it yet. At 11:00 I turned out the lights and headed to bed. I start my new internship tomorrow and I needed some sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the building in front of me. The address was right but I didn't recognise what kind of people worked here. It was just a tall building with lots of glass. I shrugged and walked inside. There was a welcome desk with a lady sitting behind it. I walked over. "Good morning. I'm here for my internship interview?"

The woman sighed boredly and said in a monotonous tone, "Name?"

"Anastasia Summers."

I heard a few clicks of the mouse before she abruptly said, "Go up the elevator to the fourth floor. Turn left from the elevator and the room you will be interviewed in is the second on the right."

I bowed and then went to the elevator. Following her instructions, I walked into the room. All that was inside was a white table, a chair on each side, and then a man, who sat in the seat farthest from the door. 

As I stepped into the room, I bowed about three times to the man sitting at the table, who I figured was the HR manager. "Please sit," he gestured to the chair. I sat.

"My name is Lee Chin-Hwa, I am the manager of HR. I got a call from your school asking for an intern opportunity. I assume you know you're here for your interview?"

I nodded. "Yes sir."

"Good. Now, will you start by telling me your name and age?"

"My name is Anastasia Summers. I am 19 years old."

"Where are you from?"

"I'm from ia Beach, ia, U.S.A. However, now I live in Washington, D.C., U.S.A."

"What university do you attend?"

Shouldn't he know that? I mean they called him didn't they? But whatever. "I attend Georgetown University."

He hummed and wrote it down. "And what do you study?"

Once again, he should already know this. "I study languages."

"And how many languages can you speak?"

"Fluently? I speak English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Italian. However, I also speak French and German." 

He nodded impressively, writing some other stuff down. "Do you study all these languages as your major?"

I shook my head. "My major is Japanese. I chose it because I lived there for 6 years."

"So do you have a Japanese name?"

I nodded. "I was young when we moved there and I begged to have one. My parents named me Koemi."

"Where else have you lived?"

"Italy, which is why I'm fluent in Italian."

"So, do you know what your internship implies?" He asked, finally setting down his pen and giving me his undivided attention.

Shaking my head, I answered, "No sir. I honestly have no details pertaining to this internship besides the fact that it'll be for six months."

"Ok." He nodded. "Well, we are in desperate need of translators. We're not a very big company, and while we're not small anymore, we are nothing compared to the likes of other companies."

I nodded in understanding. He continued. "I will observe you today. We have an American news reporter here that wants to interview a few of our people. Your job is to be the translator and interpreter. If you succeed, then you have the internship, if not, then I will call your school and you will be sent back to America. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir."

He stood. "Good now follow me please." He walked out of the room and down the hall towards the elevator. He clicked the button for the second floor. The ride down was quiet and awkward but luckily it was a short ride. When we got off, we turned to the right and walked down another hallway. Then, we turned left into a corridor that had one door at the end. He opened the door and held it out for me.

I walked in and immediately stopped short. I believe I cursed, but in what language, I couldn't tell you. Why did I curse? Because dancing and having a ball in front of me was BTS. They hadn't noticed me yet, but I watched the maknae line dance to Up & Down by EXID. Rap Monster joined in but he was doing a horrible job. The scene in front of me caused a big smile to form on my face.

"Boys, settle down!" A man I assume was their manager yelled.

They all quited down and turned to us. Before Mr. Lee could even begin to speak, someone spoke up. "An-Anastasia?!"

I smiled sheepishly and waved. "Hello again, V."

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook said this.

That was when Mr. Lee cleared his throat and spoke. "Anastasia is going to be your interpreter and translator for your interview in an hour. If she does well, it will be her job here for the next six months."

"And if she does badly?" Asked V.

"Well, then she's headed back to America." At that, I lowered my head, looking at the ground. I was embarrassed and at the same time I felt extremely pressured. This job today could change my entire future. "I have other things to do until your interview so I'll leave her with you so you can get better aquainted." With that, he left, closing the door behind him.

"Your hair's changed," V said after a long silence. He came up and touched my hair, rubbing it between his fingers before he dropped it and stepped back.

I frowned and pulled my hair in front of my face so I could see it. "Mm, I guess it has. It's faded to a blond color almost. I plan on dyeing it again soon. Maybe an actual blond color instead of this mix."

V grabbed my hand and brought me over to one of the couches in the room. Slowly, the members sat as well and stared at me. "So, Anastasia, tell us about yourself," Namjoon suggested.

I cleared my throat. "Well, first off you can call me Ana or Emi. My family calls me Emi but most of my friends call me Ana. I'm 19 and my birthday is February 23. I like music, animals, photography, and friends. My hobbies include reading, writing, exploring the outdoors, watching tv, eating, listening to music, and singing-"

"I forgot about that!" V interrupted. "You told me you could sing but I never got to hear it. Well, now I can. Will you sing for us?" He gave me some puppy dog eyes. J-hope and Jungkook started doing aegyo too. 

Sighing, I glanced down at the ground to think of what song I wanted to sing for them. My eyes widened as a song came to me. It was one of my favorite songs.

"In my memory,
All the small things,
Like daggers in my mind.

In my memory,
While my head bleeds,
The words I'll never find.

That I always meant to say to you,
I can't.

Cause you turned your face,
And now I can't feel you anymore,
Turn your face,
And now I can't see you anymore,
Walk away,
Until you're not standing at my door.
Turn your face,
Walk away,
And stay.
Turn our face." (Turn your face by Little Mix)

When I finished, it was silent before the boys erupted in applause and cheers. "That was amazing!" Jin exclaimed.

"Infires!" Suga yelled out and was echoed by Jungkooks, "Yeah! Infires man!"

At that, I lost control of my laughter. At that moment, I knew these boys would change my life for the better

 


 

Just a disclaimer: The photos of the girl is Amanda Steele, YouTube makeup guru, model, and goals. I don't own any of the pics or gifs in this fic unless I state otherwise.