Chapter Three

When I See You Again

"What's your favorite color?" Jimin asked.

"Blue. My room back at home is decorated in teal, but I actually like darker shades of blue," I replied.

Suga spoke up next. "What genres of music do you like?"

I grinned. "Besides Kpop? Well, I like country, rock, and pop. But I listen to most genres. The only one I don't particularly like is Indie."

"So, if you like rock, do you listen to Linkin Park?" This was obviously Jungkook.

"Yeah. They're definitely in my top ten rock bands," I said with a smile. Jungkook was such a little Linkin Park fanboy.

"You have three superpowers. What are they?" Jungkook asks. And there's the Marvel fanboy in him that we all know and love.

I've asked people this question so many times that I didn't hesitate in giving my answer. "Enhanced senses, elemental manipulation, and shapeshifting. Though, I think Necromancy would be a cool power to have." I held back a smile when I saw how freaked out they were by that.

Jin chimed in. "Do you have any family?"

"My mom lives in ia, USA, in the city ia Beach, which is where I was born," I replied, smiling sadly. I wouldn't be seeing my mom anytime soon if I got this job. The last time I saw her was two weeks ago when I told her that I was going to South Korea. I made a mental note to call her tonight.

"What about your dad?" Namjoon asked.

I winced. "My dad died three years ago in a bank robbery."

They gasped. "Oh. I'm so sorry, Ana," Jin whispered.

A small smile crept onto my face. I shook my head. "I'm not sorry. My dad died a hero. He jumped in front of a bullet that was aimed for a pregnant woman. I'm sad he died, but I'm proud to be his daughter."

It was quiet for a few moments before J-hope spoke. "Well, what sort of tv shows or movies do you watch?" I was glad he changed the subject.

"Let's see. I watch a lot of anime, cartoons, and fantasy shows. My favorite movie genres are horror, fantasy, and adventure."

"Wait, you don't like romance?" Asked Suga.

I chuckled. "I sometimes watch a romance movie, but I'm the kind of person who likes movies with romance as the side plot," I replied.

A knock sounded on the door. I stood and walked to the side of the couch I had been sitting on, straightening my yellow sundress and hair. Manager-nim opened the door, revealing a woman with brown hair and eyes. Her hair was up in a tight bun and she wore a button down blouse tucked into a pencil skirt with a blazer over top.

The boys all stood as she walked into the room. "2,3. Bangtan. Hello, we are BTS!" They all exclaimed with a bow.

I smiled and held my hand out for the woman to shake. "Hello. My name is Anastasia. I will be today's translator."

"Hello. My name is Kimberly Hawthorne. I work for a music magazine called Iconic. I'm here to interview you on who you are and your music. I would also like to get any details about your comeback," Kimberly said.

I turned to the boys and translated for them. "Well, we are BTS, Bangtan Boys, or Bangtan Sonyeondan. We are a Korean pop group but our genre could be considered hip-hop. We have seven members. I'm the leader, Rap Monster. This is Jin, Suga, J-hope, Jimin, V, and our youngest Jungkook. We debuted in 2013."

For the next thirty minutes, Kimberly asked them a mix of questions from personalities to awards they've won. "Can you give your fans any details about your comeback?"

Namjoon smiled. "I can't give away much. I can tell you that our comeback is on October 10 Korean time, that the album is a different sound for BTS, and that the comeback is about seduction."

Being a fan of BTS, I already knew all of this, but to hear it in person was very exhilarating. A few minutes later, she stood and thanked the boys before leaving. Mr. Lee, who I just now noticed was in the room the whole time, called me over. I gulped nervously. "Yes sir?" I asked.

He cleared his throat, speaking in low tones. "I have evaluated your performance. It seems you will not need to leave for America any time soon." He held up his hand before I could interrupt. "However, do not get too excited. If I hear of or see anything wrong with your future performances, then I will not hesitate to change that."

I clapped and grinned happily. "Thank you sir! You will not regret this." I bowed low.

Mr. Lee hummed. "We shall see," he said before exiting the room.

I turned around. "Well, it looks like you've got yourselves an awesome translator for the next six months," I said nonchaltantly. I laughed as the boys whooped before running over and giving me pats on the back or hugs. When V stepped up to give me a hug, I wrapped my arms around him and inhaled, sighing at the scent that was uniquely him.

"Congrats. I look forward to working with you," he whispered in my ear. I shivered at the warmth of his breath caressing my skin. When he pulled back, I almost frowned, missing the warmth that came with his hugs.

We all sat back down as Jin asked, "I do have one question. Where does the nickname Emi come from?"

I leaned forward excitedly. Nothing could bring my mood down now. "Well, you see, when I was three, I moved to Japan. I lived there for six years. I became so in tune with the culture that I begged my parents to give me my own Japanese name. So they named me Koemi."

"Smiling," said Namjoon. I nodded.

"It fits you," Suga said from his lazily sprawled position on the couch opposite me. One leg hung off the couch while the other was in Jin's lap. Suga head was on V's lap. Jungkook sat on the ground, leaning on the couch by V's legs. Namjoon and J-hope sat on the two chairs that were on the other parellel sides of the square rug.

I giggled. "My mom used to say that everytime I smiled, an angel earned it's wings," I explained.

They laughed at the absurdity of it. The only one who wasn't laughing was V who sat staring at me with a small grin on his face. I wonder what he was thinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(V's pov)

"Well, you see, when I was three, I moved to Japan. I lived there for six years. I became so in tune with the culture that I begged my parents to give me my own Japanese name. So, they name me Koemi."

'Smiling, huh?' I thought. Namjoon voiced my thoughts.

"It fits you," Suga said. I glanced down at him; he had his head laying on my lap. His eyes were closed and he was smiling peacefully. I hummed in agreement to his words. Koemi did indeed suit Ana. She had a smile that could light up a dark room. I believed that just as the eye are windows to the soul, so was her smile. Her eyes were extremely expressive, but her smile was equally so. I hadn't known her for very long but I had memorized her nervous, happy, sad, peaceful, and blissfull smiles.

I tuned back in when I heard a beautiful giggle. It was like music; like hearing it could make time stop, or show you the truths of the universe. "My mom used to say that everytime I smiled, an angel earned it's wings," she said.

While everyone else laughed, I just stared at her, smiling softly. I believed that every time she smiled, she brought a man to his knees, cured a disease, ended wars somewhere and brought world peace, even if just for a second.

We talked and goofed around for about an hour more before Ana had to leave. We learned a lot of things about her today. I think she'd make an excellent addition to our family. I tried not to think about the fact that she could be leaving in six months, possibly sooner than that.

When she was gone, it was quiet for a while. Jungkook broke the silence. "I want to be her best friend."

"Me too, Kookie, me too," said Suga. We all turned to look at him incredulously. He frowned. "What are you looking at?" He snapped.

"It's just... well, you never take to a person that easily," J-hope replied, voicing all our thoughts.

Suga sighed. "Yeah. I know it's weird too but I don't know. I've never met a girl quite like her. She seems like an awesome person."

She was more than just an awesome person. She was cute, beautiful, bubbly, bright, and intelligent. I mean, anyone who can learn seven languages has to be incredibly intelligent. I had a hard enough time learning Japanese, and now I was studying English. Normally, I dreaded my English lessons, but meeting Ana made me want to try that much harder to learn her native tongue. I wanted her to be proud of me. I wanted to impress her

"I think I speak for the whole group when I say that we all want to be her best friends," Jin spoke up.

I frowned in thought. I didn't want to just be her best friend. I wanted to be more. What that 'more' consisted of was yet to be established.

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Ana's pov)

As I rode in a taxi back to my hotel, my phone buzzed with an email. I opened it up and grinned when it said that my babies had arrived. "Excuse me? Could you please drive me to Incheon instead?" I asked the driver.

It was a fifteen minute drive to the airport. I paid the fare and exited. Walking through the aiport, I soon found the place I was looking for. "Hello. I'm here to pick up my pets?"

Forty five minutes later, I was back inside my hotel room. I sat the cages on the bed and opened them up. One by one, by babies walked out and greeted me. The first one to come out of his cage was Eiji, one of the two male cats I had. He was a Balinese and was six years old. He nudged me a couple of times before jumping off the bed to explore. Next was one of the two kittens, Takara (Kara for short). She was a six months old Siamese, still very much a baby in terms of a cat's lifespan. The third to come out was the second female cat, Yua. She was a beautiful Maine Coon (one of my favorite cat breeds). Yua was four years old and was very affectionate. The last one to show was the male kitten, Koji. He was the older of the kittens, being ten months old.

These were my babies. I had rescued Eiji and Takara, Eiji when he was two and Takara only three months ago. I bought Koji from a breeder when he was just ten weeks old. Yua was the only cat I got from an Animal Shelter. I had been searching the different cages for a half hour, starting to lose hope. All of the cats were cute in some way or another, but none of them caught my eye more than the others. That was until I got to the second to last cage. It was empty save a lone cat that was butting it's head against the glass as if it were a person's leg. When the cat stopped and looked at me, opening it's big green-yellow eyes, I knew it was the one. It turns out, she was found being neglected and taken to the shelter for treatment. Yua was barely one year old when I adopted her.

I grabbed Yua, struggling a bit since she was so big already, and buried my face in her long fur. I had missed my babies. Six months wasn't a long time, and I could have sent them to my mother's house, but I would've felt guilty for a long while, so I took them with me instead. I knew I couldn't stay in this hotel for very much longer. I needed to look for a temporary apartment. This place was too small to house me and four cats.

Grabbing my laptop, I opened it and turned it on. I searched for a while before I found the perfect place. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms with a very nice sized kitchen and living area. It had two balconies, one small and square and one fairly large. The building even had a rooftop garden. It was a little expensive, costing around $1100 USD per month but I could afford it. It was only for six months anyway. I guess it helped that I was a bit well off. I mean, I went to Georgetown, a private university with an acceptance rate of 16 percent. I had to have some kind of money.

That night before bed, I took a selfie with each of my beauties and posted them on my Instagram. I was just about to close out when I noticed I had nine follow requests. Clicking on them, I gasped. All seven members were requesting to follow me (along with two random people who I didn't care about). "How is that possible? They don't even have IG accounts..." I whispered to myself. I thought they might have been fan accounts but when all of them had the little verification mark.

Did they make accounts... just for me?

Shaking my head, I closed out of IG and turned out the light. I was almost asleep when my phone went off. It was an IG notification. Someone commented on my new photo; I had combined all four of the selfies into a collage. I clicked on it. It was V.

"Your cats are just as cute and cuddly as you are."

 

That's the end of another chapter. I felt it was really awkward with the dialogue but I hope it wasn't too bad. 

Panda xoxo